Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU | Readiness test
When I applied for BS-ITM, I wasn't asked for the Readiness test but for BS-SD it is showing in the portal that I need to complete the readiness test.

If I do WGU Academy courses, will I be exempted from the readiness test? I already have Eng 1, Software Dev fundamentals, Database fundamentals from Study.com.

Attached Files
.png   Pending wgu BSSD.png (Size: 121.56 KB / Downloads: 14)
------------------

(08-11-2020, 05:05 PM)akr680 Wrote: When I applied for BS-ITM, I wasn't asked for the Readiness test but for BS-SD it is showing in the portal that I need to complete the readiness test.

If I do WGU Academy courses, will I be exempted from the readiness test? I already have Eng 1, Software Dev fundamentals, Database fundamentals from Study.com.

You should check with your admissions counselor to see if that is required or can be waived. You shouldn't need to take the Readiness Assessment if you've already got credits from online colleges on your transcript.

Either way, I cannot believe it would be too tough to complete since all they are doing is making sure you have the minimum skills to be successful in taking online courses. You can probably pass the exam in your sleep.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • akr680
(08-11-2020, 07:55 PM)Merlin Wrote:
(08-11-2020, 05:05 PM)akr680 Wrote: When I applied for BS-ITM, I wasn't asked for the Readiness test but for BS-SD it is showing in the portal that I need to complete the readiness test.

You should check with your admissions counselor to see if that is required or can be waived. You shouldn't need to take the Readiness Assessment if you've already got credits from online colleges on your transcript.

Either way, I cannot believe it would be too tough to complete since all they are doing is making sure you have the minimum skills to be successful in taking online courses. You can probably pass the exam in your sleep.
Thank you!

I have reached out to my enrollment counselor.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using DegreeForum.net mobile app
------------------

(08-11-2020, 07:55 PM)Merlin Wrote:

While I did not have credit from Online Colleges on my transcript, I did have over 80 credits transferred in from places like Study.com and Sophia.org. I still had to take the Readiness Assessment at WGU. The test is not proctored. The test is timed however. It is not that difficult and none of the math on the test went beyond pre-algebra. I remember a number of  questions on English grammar. I am trying to remember, but I think there were also some questions trying to confirm that you are comfortable with the idea of learning outside of a traditional classroom setting.
Currently working on:  Capstone

Eastern University - (9 of 10 Courses Completed) (27 Credits)
Master's in Data Science

Western Governors University (WGU) - Completed in 2020.
Bachelor of Science, Business - Information Technology Management

TEEX (3 courses, 10 cr)  
The Institutes (3 cr) 
NFA (1 cr)  
ALEKS (3 cr) 
SOPHIA (21 courses, 57 cr) 
Study.com (18 courses, 54 cr) 
WGU (12 courses, 38 CUs)
Eastern University (9 courses, 27 cr)
[-] The following 1 user Likes AwardTour's post:
  • akr680
Thank you, I will give it a try.
------------------

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sharing screen with examiner during proctoring test with WGU. Gijaodola 4 891 08-20-2023, 12:40 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  WGU - great way to test out without financial aid barbeque22 2 2,281 10-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Last Post: barbeque22