Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WGU MBA Accreditation?
I am nearing the end of my road on my undergrad and looking at potential schools to complete my MBA. Through this website I have read a lot of members think the WGU MBA is the way to go for a graduate degree, my question is, does it bother anyone who is going to WGU that the MBA program is not AACSB or ACBSP accredited? (If I am wrong, please correct me on this. I was unable to find these accreditations attached to WGU MBA.)

I hate to bring it up, but UoP is at least ACBSP Sad

Just asking for people's thoughts on this because WGU seems like a fantastic school and I am considering enrolling. Thanks everyone!
CLEP:
1/17: Introductory Sociology - 64, 1/29: A & I Literature - 60

DSST:
1/29: Here's to Your Health - 426, 2/19: Substance Abuse - 419

SL:
Intro to World Religions, Business Ethics, Intro to Nutrition, Microbiology, Cultural Anthropology, Western Civilization I, Western Civilization II, Business Communications, Organizational Behavior

ALEKS:
Intermediate Algebra, Precalculus
WGU is just a regionally accredited school that offers an MBA, to the best of my knowledge they have no other accreditation.

This wasn't terribly concerning for me. My opinion is that the vast majority of jobs I might consider won't need any such accreditation. Other than a handful of professions I don't think it's something most employers would even be able to differentiate.

I have a rather low opinion of UofP. Speaking As a manager who is responsible for hiring, an applicant would be better prepared with interesting stick figures drawn on a piece of toilette paper than with any "credential" from UofP. I feel UofP perpetrates fraud against its students and deliberately exercises a system designed to bilk American taxpayers. These "graduates" are then released into the workforce having demonstrated little more than poor judgement.

If you really feel a NEED for advanced MBA accreditation, I would encourage you to look at Eastern New Mexico University for a part time program or a Chadron State for a full time program. Both are ACBSP.....note that ACBSP is the "lesser" of the advanced business school accreditors. AACSB is the gold standard (Harvard, Yale, Stanford, etc...)http://www.geteducated.com/online-mbas/9...online-mba ,

Even ACBSP will likely require specific courses be taken at the undergraduate level, these schools vary from not selective to very selective. AACSB will in most cases be VERY selective as these are often the most prestigious programs. WGU allowed me to skip all this and put "MBA" behind my name and on my resume. It all comes down to what your looking for.
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I appreciate your insight. I had read through your WGU MBA forum post while you were attending WGU and it was what really inspired me to look into WGU.
CLEP:
1/17: Introductory Sociology - 64, 1/29: A & I Literature - 60

DSST:
1/29: Here's to Your Health - 426, 2/19: Substance Abuse - 419

SL:
Intro to World Religions, Business Ethics, Intro to Nutrition, Microbiology, Cultural Anthropology, Western Civilization I, Western Civilization II, Business Communications, Organizational Behavior

ALEKS:
Intermediate Algebra, Precalculus
icehawk26 Wrote:I appreciate your insight. I had read through your WGU MBA forum post while you were attending WGU and it was what really inspired me to look into WGU.
If your sole goal is to teach at eh college level, your hoping to enter high finance, or some other "high profile" career track then WGU isn't for you. If your looking to separate yourself from the BA/BS holders and maybe move up within your current career track then I really feel the price point and ease of completion weigh heavily in WGU's favor....and there are a ton of schools in between. AACSB would be the only advanced accreditation that would get my juices flowing...but I wasn't a realistic candidate for competitive admissions, and I really couldn't afford the opportunity cost of full time traditional MBA programs.
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
What matters with MBA programs is prestige. The prestigious programs just happen to be AACSB-accredited. Rarely is programmatic accreditation required in business. However, if you're going to go after programmatic accreditation, you should go after AACSB. ACBSP and IACBE don't matter nearly as much. If you can't get into or afford a prestigious school, then just go for AACSB or cheap. No employer is going to care that University of Phallus is ACBSP accredited. All they are going to see is the McDonald's of for-profit colleges on your resume. It's better to go with unknown than notoriously known. There are some AACSB-accredited programs that are easier to get into. These are usually at lesser-known, public universities.
AACSB Online MBA | Best Online Colleges | Best Online Universities | GetEducated.com
MBA Online Programs | Best Online Colleges | Best Online Universities | GetEducated.com
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Phallus?....Really???? Smile
AS in EMS August 2010

rebel100 Wrote:Phallus?....Really???? Smile

Well...they like to stick it to you. I just like to give myself a laugh by coming up with names. So far, I have come up with University of Phallus, Western Insidious University, Colorado Testicle University, Ashes University, Wall 'em University, Kap 'em University, Cahella University, Deprive University, and Stray-away University.

Oh! I feel another one coming on. HIV Testicle University.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Ah, CTU is one of those? It all makes sense now, at some point they got my phone number when I was looking for information before finding Excelsior, and they are still calling me months later.
BS Liberal Arts progress - 105/120
Leebo Wrote:Ah, CTU is one of those? It all makes sense now, at some point they got my phone number when I was looking for information before finding Excelsior, and they are still calling me months later.

I was in CTU's associates in CJ program. I didn't know they were on the quarter hour system before I started. They seemed reasonably priced until I found out that every course was 4 or 6 credits, so I left in 2010. They have called me at least once a year after that. In 2012, I told them I already had a bachelors. In 2013, I told them I was about to finish a masters. Let's see if they will call me this year so that I can tell them I'm working on a PhD and still don't have a use for their associates.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
The school in my home town (sanantone seems to like this school a bit), Valdosta State University, offers an online MBA that is AACSB Accredited.

There are 6 schools in GA that make up the "WebMBA" program. A student applies at a "host school" and then takes classes online through any of the 6 partner schools. Then they graduate from their host university.

Georgia webMBAÂ - Valdosta State University
[COLOR="#0000FF"] B.S. - COSC (December, 2013) :hurray:
20-Community College Courses (2004-2006)
80-Semester Hours at Western Governors University (2010-2012)
15-Charter Oak State College (2013)
12-CLEP
3-DSST
6-FEMA
If I can do it, ANYONE can do it![/COLOR]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WGU is a candidate for ACBSP programmatic accreditation jsd 8 3,407 09-13-2017, 07:04 AM
Last Post: sanantone