Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Upper Level Correspondence/ Independent Study Courses
Below is a small list of state universities that offer self paced correspondence courses. Many are upper level. The prices vary greatly from cheap to expensive.

The cheapest I saw was University of Wyoming with $119 per SH.

For some, Straighterline will do, but this may be of use to someone who wants upper level credit or wants letter grades for grad school.

Correspondence Education - Course List
Course Offerings : Correspondence Self-Paced Studies : Texas State University
Outreach Self-Paced College Courses
Correspondence Course List - SHSU Online
Courses | Correspondence Study | Outreach Credit Programs | Outreach School | University of Wyoming
University of Florida Flexible Learning Online Undergraduate Courses
BYU Independent Study - Online Courses
CLEPS Passed: 10 DSST Passed: 11 TECEPS: 1

PrLoko-isms
Don't waste time by trying to save time. The only sure way to complete your degree is to knock out credits quickly and efficiently.

Don't let easiness bite you in the rear. Know your endgame (where you want to be) and plan backward from there. Your education is a means to an end.

Be honest professionally, socially and academically. There are people (especially little ones) who look up to you and they're going by your example.

Be proud. Whether you're an Engineer or Fast Food worker, there is honor and dignity in hard work.

Picking on people weaker than you only proves that you are a weak person.
Great list!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Prloko Wrote:Below is a small list of state universities that offer self paced correspondence courses. Many are upper level. The prices vary greatly from cheap to expensive.

The cheapest I saw was University of Wyoming with $119 per SH.

For some, Straighterline will do, but this may be of use to someone who wants upper level credit or wants letter grades for grad school.

Correspondence Education - Course List
Course Offerings : Correspondence Self-Paced Studies : Texas State University
Outreach Self-Paced College Courses
Correspondence Course List - SHSU Online
Courses | Correspondence Study | Outreach Credit Programs | Outreach School | University of Wyoming
University of Florida Flexible Learning Online Undergraduate Courses
BYU Independent Study - Online Courses

Great List! May I add the following:

Schedule of Courses > Division of Extended Studies > Colorado State University-Pueblo $165/credit. I actually completed 5 courses here on the way to my BS, hands down the best customer service ever!
https://www.uidaho.edu/academic-affairs/...dy/courses also around $160/credit
https://online.uark.edu/self-paced/courses.php Not sure what these are running currently cost wise, probably competitive with the above.
LSU Continuing Education Under $200/credit
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
College Credit Courses | Online & Distance Education, UND

also has a peppering of UL, self-paced offerings.
COMPELTED
CLEP: Calculus (75), Precalculus (71), Info Sys and Comp Apps (78), College Mathematics (63), College Algebra (65).
SL: Calc I, Calc II, C++, Intro to Religion, Intro to Business, Business Ethics, Prin of Mgmt, Bus. Law, A&P I, A&P II
Study.com: Principles of Marketing, Microbiology
edX: Intro to Dif. Eq., Linear Dif. Eq.
UND Ind. Study: Discrete Math
APU/AMU: Linear Algebra, Mathmatical Modeling
TECEP: Nutrition
B&M: Far too many!
adavis84 Wrote:College Credit Courses | Online & Distance Education, UND

also has a peppering of UL, self-paced offerings.

First place I've seen where you can take Norwegian as a foreign language!! More courses are available as semester-based, but they're also more expensive.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
https://www.uni.edu/continuinged/distanc...o_one=GISW
rebel100 Wrote:Great List! May I add the following:

Schedule of Courses > Division of Extended Studies > Colorado State University-Pueblo $165/credit. I actually completed 5 courses here on the way to my BS, hands down the best customer service ever!
https://www.uidaho.edu/academic-affairs/...dy/courses also around $160/credit
https://online.uark.edu/self-paced/courses.php Not sure what these are running currently cost wise, probably competitive with the above.
LSU Continuing Education Under $200/credit

Tuition and Fees for University of Arkansas self-paced courses:
Tuition $130 per credit hour
Fees $30 per credit hour (effective Fall 2015)
Textbooks are not included in the costs above
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ASU 100 Million Learners - All graduate courses now available jg_nuy 35 3,776 04-17-2024, 06:44 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 386 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,765 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  How to Study Deetzin 3 258 03-12-2024, 02:43 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,013 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SUNY accepted upper level class jg_nuy 10 529 03-05-2024, 10:41 AM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Study.com --- courses midnite123 9 733 02-24-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: EE-AE-Engineer
  The Rechtschaffen Institute of Judaic Studies (Has anyone taken one of these courses? patsfand 1 787 02-22-2024, 10:30 PM
Last Post: vetvso
  Introductory data science courses inor 6 570 02-08-2024, 08:52 PM
Last Post: fmsoa
Question Graduate-Level Courses NotJoeBiden 7 678 01-24-2024, 06:51 PM
Last Post: Duneranger