Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer and see what transfers, BEFORE starting the degree?
Is it possible to transfer courses and see how many are accepted for the MAOL program, BEFORE you enroll and start your term or even pay the term fees?

I wouldn't want to find out later that I could not get all 90 credits transferred and I have to take more of the classes at UMPI. As I have heard, you can not really transfer more classes in at a later point during the started term.
It seems you're a bit confused. The MAOL is a master's degree and is not 90 credits. What bachelor's degree are you looking to complete? What courses have you taken and from where?

You can absolutely transfer courses into UMPI once you're enrolled. You can transfer them in right up until you graduate.
Basically, it seems like there was a little mix up in the original post... For the bachelors level, we have UMPI degree plans on the WIKI to help you maximize the transfer credits. Usually, you want to follow exactly as what the degree plans are, unless of course you've transferred something else in that is already accepted in a specific field requirement.

The MAOL allows 9 credits to be transferred from the Bachelors degree offered at UMPI, you must take the 3 classes from them for transfer, no other classes can be done in place of those and no further transfer credits except for those 9. Review this post of mine here, it's got the 3-4 that can transfer: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid400861
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-17-2024, 11:01 AM)ss20ts Wrote: It seems you're a bit confused. The MAOL is a master's degree and is not 90 credits. What bachelor's degree are you looking to complete? What courses have you taken and from where?

You can absolutely transfer courses into UMPI once you're enrolled. You can transfer them in right up until you graduate.

Sorry, I had the bachelors program in my head with the credits amount. But I actually meant MAOL. But it does not even matter. This question is valid for both. (In case my ENEB  Masters won't be accepted, to enroll at UMPI for MAOL, I'd just do the Bachelors instead)

(03-17-2024, 12:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, it seems like there was a little mix up in the original post... For the bachelors level, we have UMPI degree plans on the WIKI to help you maximize the transfer credits.  Usually, you want to follow exactly as what the degree plans are, unless of course you've transferred something else in that is already accepted in a specific field requirement.  

The MAOL allows 9 credits to be transferred from the Bachelors degree offered at UMPI, you must take the 3 classes from them for transfer, no other classes can be done in place of those and no further transfer credits except for those 9.  Review this post of mine here, it's got the 3-4 that can transfer: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid400861

But, can you transfer first, and then decide to enroll?
UMPI doesn't 'transfer' if you don't start the enrollment process, you won't get an academic evaluation, and you won't know where you're at... It's like a catch-22, but most of the time, students know where they are at before they start taking classes.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
If you follow the guides on the wiki, you'll be within 1-2 classes of knowing where you stand for a Bachelor's degree. UMPI also allows you to continue transferring in classes after enrollment. If you have 0 undergrad credit, we don't recommend doing this. If you're at 70-100 undergrad transfer credits, you can absolutely apply to see where you stand. And it's certainly possible to finish a few Sophia courses or a Coursera certificate in between waiting for your next UMPI class to open up. It's not ideal, but some students have definitely been able to manage a UMPI Bachelor's degree in 2-3 sessions while transferring in additional credits from Sophia/Coursera.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
"starting" the enrollment process, does that mean that the tuition already has to be paid?

And... I thought you can not transfer classes after enrollment, or so people have said here.

I should have quite a few Sophia courses, that I did to transfer to UoPeoples BS CS program. I'd probably need to do some more for business classes on Sophia, don't it...
No. You don't need to pay, you just need to apply and UMPI does not charge application fees.

Either you or whomever you read was mistaken. Unlike WGU, UMPI does NOT restrict alternative credit after you start. You just need to work with your coach.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
You're supposed to get permission to transfer in further credits once enrolled. But UMPI is currently quite liberal with giving permission. I don't think anyone has been denied - yet. There's always a chance that they'll start restricting post-enrollment transfers in the future.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • Darknigh7

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do I know which of my classes will transfer? mt_1994 3 156 04-25-2024, 09:19 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Undergraduate Degree Liberal Studies w/ a Minor in Psychology molov 4 233 04-21-2024, 10:52 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 5 319 04-19-2024, 03:17 PM
  BLS Degree Options Question dm.hans32 3 252 04-17-2024, 10:17 AM
  BLS Management Minor Degree Plan mohelena02 4 419 04-12-2024, 10:19 AM
Last Post: mohelena02
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 260 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  Yourpace psychology degree PSY 496: Practicum Schlafen 12 1,622 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Am I on the right path for any BLS degree rme1987 11 537 03-27-2024, 07:57 PM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  HELP! SDC to UMPI transfer jrock87 3 278 03-16-2024, 12:14 AM
Last Post: jrock87
  Non-Degree Enrollment PreLawCoastie 0 251 03-02-2024, 06:33 PM
Last Post: PreLawCoastie