Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Transfer Evaluation UMPI
Okay here is my Transcript Eval, I emailed Jessica and she's making some changes, she confirms for some reason some courses were not added and some are still not showing like the cleps and 3 other courses; shes fixing this.

Classes Missing on the transcript:
College Algebra (MDC)
Organizational Behavior (UW) (due to sending the transcript before finish term)
Marketing Foundation (UW) (due to sending the transcript before finish term)

Also missing CLEP for Spanish I and II

Classes I'm taking at Sophia since I'm not starting until Summer, she gave me the okay to do as much as I can.
  • Environmental Science 
  • Business Law 
  • Accounting 
  • Finance 
Straighterline (due to some coupons I have free for two courses)
  • History II (taking at Straighterline, scheduled the final)
  • Anthropology (taking at Straighterline, scheduled the final)
Also, i can get the membership for Study.com half off, I was wondering if i should take some courses there? or don't bother.

any other recommendations? if my plan work i will have to complete 50% of my degree at UMPI what are the changes of finishing this year?

Attached Files
.pdf   UMPI Transfer Eval.pdf (Size: 914.03 KB / Downloads: 195)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luiscastaneda25's post:
  • Pikachu
It looks like you should also take sociology at Sophia because your sociology came in as an elective and not a GEC requirement. Hopefully, ss20ts can chime in later to recommend further Sophia courses you might want to take (if any). Here's how Sophia classes came in for ashkir at UMPI so you compare: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-19-2021, 02:06 AM)Luiscastaneda25 Wrote: Okay here is my Transcript Eval, I emailed Jessica and she's making some changes, she confirms for some reason some courses were not added and some are still not showing like the cleps and 3 other courses; shes fixing this.

College Algebra (MDC)

Classes I'm taking at Sophia since I'm not starting until Summer, she gave me the okay to do as much as I can.
  • Environmental Science 
  • Business Law 
  • Accounting 
  • Finance 
Also, i can get the membership for Study.com half off, I was wondering if i should take some courses there? or don't bother.

any other recommendations? if my plan work i will have to complete 50% of my degree at UMPI what are the changes of finishing this year?

I wouldn't take courses at Study for UMPI. They're waaaaay more work at Study than they are at UMPI. Stick with Sophia. We also know how every course transfers in from Sophia and don't know for Study.

ETA: You can take American Government and Spanish 1 at InstantCert. Keep in mind that you need to complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI.
(03-19-2021, 10:09 AM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 02:06 AM)Luiscastaneda25 Wrote: Okay here is my Transcript Eval, I emailed Jessica and she's making some changes, she confirms for some reason some courses were not added and some are still not showing like the cleps and 3 other courses; shes fixing this.

College Algebra (MDC)

• Environmental Science 
  • Business Law 
  • Accounting 
  • Finance 

I wouldn't take courses at Study for UMPI. They're waaaaay more work at Study than they are at UMPI. Stick with Sophia. We also know how every course transfers in from Sophia and don't know for Study.

ETA: You can take American Government and Spanish 1 at InstantCert. Keep in mind that you need to complete a minimum of 30 credits at UMPI.

Thank you very much: The Spanish will be satisfied with the Spanish CLEP, didn't consider the American Government.

(03-19-2021, 06:11 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It looks like you should also take sociology at Sophia because your sociology came in as an elective and not a GEC requirement. Hopefully, ss20ts can chime in later to recommend further Sophia courses you might want to take (if any). Here's how Sophia classes came in for ashkir at UMPI so you compare: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents

Thank you I will ask Jessica to see if we can challenge that course to come in as sociology, what GEC is that?
(03-19-2021, 10:29 AM)Luiscastaneda25 Wrote: Thank you I will ask Jessica to see if we can challenge that course to come in as sociology, what GEC is that?

Before challenging the course, what sociology was it? Only Introduction to Sociology counts for the GEC.
(03-19-2021, 10:29 AM)Luiscastaneda25 Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 06:11 AM)rachel83az Wrote: It looks like you should also take sociology at Sophia because your sociology came in as an elective and not a GEC requirement. Hopefully, ss20ts can chime in later to recommend further Sophia courses you might want to take (if any). Here's how Sophia classes came in for ashkir at UMPI so you compare: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...quivalents

Thank you I will ask Jessica to see if we can challenge that course to come in as sociology, what GEC is that?

#5 on your document. It says 5A.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(03-19-2021, 10:41 AM)ss20tsLuiscastaneda25 Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 10:29 AM)Luiscastaneda25 Wrote: Thank you I will ask Jessica to see if we can challenge that course to come in as sociology, what GEC is that?

Before challenging the course, what sociology was it? Only Introduction to Sociology counts for the GEC.

I think it was ISS 1120. Both Miami Dade College and UW took it as Sociology.

Attached Files
.png   Sociology.PNG (Size: 26.56 KB / Downloads: 38)
(03-19-2021, 11:50 AM)Luiscastaneda25 Wrote:

Looks like it's called Social Environment. I can see why that wouldn't be Introduction to Sociology. It did transfer in as a general elective. You need general electives and have a bunch left to fill according to your evaluation. You can take a bunch of classes on Sophia to finish off the general electives and a few of your GEC courses. 

GEC:
American Government - InstantCert
Introduction to Sociology - Sophia
US History 1 & 2 - Sophia - one of them will fill a GEC and the other can be used for general electives
Environmental Science - Sophia

Major:
Accounting - Sophia
Principles of Marketing - InstantCert

General electives:
Approaches to Studying Religions - Sophia 
Introduction to Psychology - Sophia
Conflict Resolution - Sophia
Communication at Work - Sophia
Art History 1 & 2 - Sophia
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu
(03-19-2021, 12:32 PM)ss20ts Wrote:
(03-19-2021, 11:50 AM)Luiscastaneda25 Wrote:

Looks like it's called Social Environment. I can see why that wouldn't be Introduction to Sociology. It did transfer in as a general elective. You need general electives and have a bunch left to fill according to your evaluation. You can take a bunch of classes on Sophia to finish off the general electives and a few of your GEC courses. 

GEC:
American Government - InstantCert
Introduction to Sociology - Sophia
US History 1 & 2 - Sophia - one of them will fill a GEC and the other can be used for general electives
Environmental Science - Sophia

Major:
Accounting - Sophia
Principles of Marketing - InstantCert

General electives:
Approaches to Studying Religions - Sophia 
Introduction to Psychology - Sophia
Conflict Resolution - Sophia
Communication at Work - Sophia
Art History 1 & 2 - Sophia

Thanks, I will start taking those courses right away!
(03-19-2021, 10:41 AM)ss20ts Wrote:

update:

I emailed the school and change my Social Enviorement to meet the Sociology requirement so one less GEC.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Luiscastaneda25's post:
  • ss20ts

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Bus 150 - Sophia didn't transfer layermonkey 5 206 10 minutes ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Framed UMPI Diploma joshua27 31 6,128 25 minutes ago
Last Post: colonelcamp
  New considering UMPI but…. manyoptions4me 55 5,361 04-16-2024, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  UMPI BLS MISM VS Pierport then UMPI BAS k681 11 430 04-16-2024, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Hotdogman1
  Are TEEX courses eligible for credits at UMPI? soulking 7 319 04-16-2024, 12:44 AM
  UMPI Minor Question WayToGoGrad 6 286 04-09-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Full list of sophia courses that will transfer? And any Major recs? hexclep 1 220 04-07-2024, 06:10 PM
  Sophia to UMPI Transcript wowzers 9 414 04-06-2024, 01:19 PM
  UMPI Class Review Master Thread RbxFunRocks 96 62,662 04-01-2024, 08:56 AM
Last Post: ivanswk78
  choosing between UMPI BBA in management&leadership vs project management whereismyramen 6 326 03-26-2024, 04:13 PM