Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TESU SOS-110 Living in the Information Age
Information 
Since I'm seeing the TESU SOS-110 course show up in other threads I will post my class opinions here for others to review.

I needed another 3cr to be full time at TESU and my military adviser thought this would be an easy A for me and would keep my GPA at a 4.0 so was guided into this class. 

Normally I don't take 6 classes at once but needed an overlap for my VA benefits and TESU really helped me out. I have added the syllabus for everyone's review. 

I just started in November and am 21% completed and finished with module 2 out of 7. This is a really easy class and I needed no preparation. Allot of discussion about finding and using the internet to find reliable resources. I will add info about the class here each week while I'm still in the country.

Syllabus for SOS-110

LIVING IN THE INFORMATION AGE

COURSE DESCRIPTION
Living in the Information Age is designed especially for students who are reentering academic study after a considerable hiatus in their formal schooling. Through interactive instructional software programs— MyFoundationsLabTM and Credo Information Literacy courseware—you evaluate and strengthen your academic skills in writing and information literacy. In addition, through the use of different types of computer technology and by completing course activities, you learn about the ways in which computer technology has changed and is still changing education, work, society, and daily life. Learning activities include reading articles on technical subjects written for general audiences, as well as writing essays and discussing topics ranging from future careers to Internet privacy.

COURSE STRUCTURE
Living in the Information Age is a three-credit online course, consisting of seven modules. Modules include learning objectives, study materials, and activities. Module titles are listed below.

Module 1: Information Technology in Business

Module 2: Electronic Information Sources

Module 3: Cyberspace Privacy and Security

Module 4: Futurism

Module 5: Public Policy and the Web

Module 6: Computers in Education

Module 7: Setting Goals for Your Future Career

vetvsoSince I'm seeing the TESU SOS-110 course show up in other threads I will post my class opinions here for others to review.

Syllabus for SOS-110

Attached Files
.docx   syllabus_SOS-110-jan17.docx (Size: 29.15 KB / Downloads: 20)
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
Studying Project Management, History, Business, Foreign languages, and culture. 
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
TESU BALS Social Sciences Confirmed 2019
UAF Foreign Languages German 2019 Finished 
City of Ur - 2019 Capstone is here
[-] The following 1 user Likes vetvso's post:
  • Muldoon
I will ask my military/veteran adviser if this course will become a requirement as I have been hearing here.
Our education has been used for years to travel the world within employment as an Expat. Pursue your dream, and never give up.
We post travel articles on my blog here. ExploreTraveler.com Also our Travel Vlog is here  ExploreTraveler Vlog
TESU BALS History Completion 9 CR Remaining & Dual Major BA.LSGM 2023 12 CR remaining
I have received my feedback from my first writing assignment. The assignments have been short 1-page writeup's involving my own life and goals and are graded according to standard writing requirements. The instructor has been very involved and answers questions in a quick and precise way via the online Moodle platform. I'm not the best writer and have a solid A in this course so far.
I am going through this class quickly and have picked up some great research tips. I am 33% done after Dec 15th I will have more time to speed things up. If you happen to end up being required to take this class it has been very easy so far.
Thank you for keeping us updated. Very helpful.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
Today I completed Module 2 and most of Module 3 out of 7 total. I am moving along this class quickly and will be picking up steam this month.
There is an interesting issue in regards to the Credo Information Literacy 2.1 and Credo Information Literacy 2.2 assignments. When completing these don't assume you are finished by observing the top bar with all of the green check marks. You must continue clicking the next button until finished. Also, don't go to fast or not watch the videos or that section will not get completed. Goto your grade book and make sure it says 100 for each section. That way you get 100% overall on all of those.
Each module has an essay attached to it. I have completed 3 so far and my first two are easy A's and I'm still awaiting grading. I am 50% finished with the course and I have almost a 99% score so far. If this course becomes a required course I expect it not to be too difficult to those here who are towards the end of their degree. I have found it very useful in regards to confirming my proper citations and research methods. So it's a great review and the course is useful from a pre-research standpoint.
Over 62% completed on this course and will be submitting my midterm paper soon.
I am over 70% complete with this course. If you find yourself having to take this course there are seven separate writing assignments and seven community posts required. You must also respond to two peoples posts per assignment so 14 total.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 522 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 451 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 475 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 15 2,297 04-04-2024, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Kones
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 232 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 300 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 278 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27