Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU BSBA General Management Degree help
Hi Everyone! I really need your help mapping out the TESU BSBA General Management Degree.
What classes do I need to take to finish? banghead

I'm trying to finish all requirements before applying to TESU.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I have the current Credits:

Community College:

MUSIC 113: MUSIC HISTORY-TO 1800 (3cr)

HLTH 250: HEALTH SCIENCE (3cr)

HLTH 292: FIRST AID AND CPR (2cr)

SOC 255: MARRIAGE AND THE FAMILY (3cr)

MATH 105: PRECALCULUS I (3cr)

PE 11: 1 LIFE FITNESS TRAINING (1cr)

CIS 105: BUSINESS COMPUTER APPLICATION (3cr)

PE 129: WEIGHT TRAINING I (1cr)

BUS 210: BUS & ECONOMIC STATISTIC (3cr)

CSC 110: INTRO TO COMPUTER PROGRAMMING (3cr)

JAPAN 102: INT 1ST-YR JAPANESE (3cr)

Free Credits:

TEEX: Cyber Security for Business Professionals (2cr)
TEEX: Cyber Security for Everyone (2cr)
TEEX: Cyber Security for IT Professionals (2cr)

NFA: Fire Service Supervision: Self Study (1cr)
NFA: Hydraulic Calculations for Water-Based Fire Protection Systems Plan Review (1cr)
NFA: Self-Study Course for Community Safety Educators (1cr)

Kaplan (3cr)

Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct (2cr)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Penn Foster: (working on)

Final left on Strategic management (not sure if TESU will waive it or not)

Straighterline: (working on, but i'm planning to finish these courses)

Introduction to Communication (3cr)
Information Technology FUndamentals (3cr)
Principles of Management (3cr)
Microbiology (3cr)
Business Communication (3cr)
Organizational Behavior (3cr)
Accounting I (3cr)
Accounting II (3cr)
Macroeconomics (3cr)
Microecononics (3cr)
American Government (3cr)
English Composition I (3cr)
English COmposition II (3cr)
Business Law (3cr)
Intro to Religion (3cr)
Financial Accounting (3cr)
Managerial Accounting (3cr)

Aleks: Planning to take

i'm not sure if these are duplicates with what i already have.

Intermediate Algebra >> MAT-115
College Algebra >> MAT-121
Precalculus >> MAT-129
Statistics (any of the 3) >> STA-201

Saylor: planning to take

Corporate Communications
Business Statistics (i'm not sure if this is duplicate with what i already have or will have.)

It will be really helpful if someone make a degree plan using my credits above and assist me what classes are needed with options where to take. Smile
Thank you for your help!!!! Confusedeeya:
Don't bother with ALEKS Stats or Precalc since you've already taken those. But you can do Int. Algebra, College Algebra, and Saylor's Business Stats.

You need 1 more Knowledge of Human Cultures, 2 more GE. You could take the 3 Shmoop History courses if you can get a decent price for them.

Study.com now has Principles of Finance and Globalization & International Management, Human Resource Management, and Principles of Marketing - take 2 per month and you have those done.

Then, 1 remaining MAR or FIN course (TECEP, DSST, UExcel, PF or CSU-Global has plenty of choices).

Finally, I don't think TESU will take your Strategic Management course, so you'll need to take the TECEP for that.

You are very close, good luck to you.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">mickey20 TESC 2016 BSBA GenMan.xlsx (Size: 76.01 KB / Downloads: 9)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:... Finally, I don't think TESU will take your Strategic Management course, so you'll need to take the TECEP for that.

You are very close, good luck to you.
You should not wait to apply. It takes time to apply and even more time to get your transcripts processed. If you had applied earlier and had the Strategic Management course planned in, they would have accepted it. It can only hurt you to wait.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
davewill Wrote:You should not wait to apply. It takes time to apply and even more time to get your transcripts processed. If you had applied earlier and had the Strategic Management course planned in, they would have accepted it. It can only hurt you to wait.

I will have to go with davewill on this one.... if you have completed your general education requirements, electives and professional requirements, all that's left is the AOS.
You can apply to them and get the evaluation, it'll indicate what is required or what is left for your degree. You can finalize your courses when that comes out.
Please review the degree plan from dfrecore as that's a very solid plan... Good luck.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
dfrecore,
Thank you very much for the degree plan Big Grin
For the Area of Study, Can i use "Saylor: MAN-373 Corporate Communication"?
and Saylor: OPM-351 Business Statistics count as UL?

bjcheung77, davewill,
Thanks for the comments. Hmm i have a hope that maybe TESU will waive the cornerstone and capstone requirements if i transfer in sufficient credits to fulfill all degree requirements. I really hope so banghead
mickey20 Wrote:dfrecore,
Thank you very much for the degree plan Big Grin
For the Area of Study, Can i use "Saylor: MAN-373 Corporate Communication"?
and Saylor: OPM-351 Business Statistics count as UL?

You're right on this one, it's part of the AOS if you transfer it into the BSBA in General Management
Check dfrecore's spreadsheet I modified in the Beginner's Guide here: This degree is geared for me, but can be used for yourself
http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...post207088

Quote:bjcheung77, davewill,
Thanks for the comments. Hmm i have a hope that maybe TESU will waive the cornerstone and capstone requirements if i transfer in sufficient credits to fulfill all degree requirements. I really hope so banghead

You'll need the capstone (either PF gets transferred or the TECEP needs to be taken). If you took the PF course before July 1, you should be safe.
However, the cornerstone may be skipped if you enrolled before May 25/July 1, or if you have enough credits to transfer in.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:You'll need the capstone (either PF gets transferred or the TECEP needs to be taken). If you took the PF course before July 1, you should be safe.
However, the cornerstone may be skipped if you enrolled before May 25/July 1, or if you have enough credits to transfer in.

I started the PF course on June 28 and still working on the last final. Do you think i can have it transferred as capstone if i apply TESU?
If not, i wasted $300 ugh~
mickey20 Wrote:I started the PF course on June 28 and still working on the last final. Do you think i can have it transferred as capstone if i apply TESU?
If not, i wasted $300 ugh~

None of us can know for certain, you only know if you apply.

I would say that it's very likely TESU will allow you to use your PF course for your capstone requirement, but keep in mind I might be biased because of all the good experiences I've had with TESU.

Once your credits transfer in and show up in your evaluation, e-mail the Assistant Dean (Alicia Malone - amalaone@tesu.edu) telling her you started the course on June 28 (BEFORE the July 1st policy change was in effect) and ask if the PF course can count towards your Strategic Management capstone requirement. Good luck!
Nixi Wrote:None of us can know for certain, you only know if you apply.

I would say that it's very likely TESU will allow you to use your PF course for your capstone requirement, but keep in mind I might be biased because of all the good experiences I've had with TESU.

Once your credits transfer in and show up in your evaluation, e-mail the Assistant Dean (Alicia Malone - amalaone@tesu.edu) telling her you started the course on June 28 (BEFORE the July 1st policy change was in effect) and ask if the PF course can count towards your Strategic Management capstone requirement. Good luck!

Nixi,

Thank you for the advice~ i'll keep that in mind~ Wink
davewill Wrote:You should not wait to apply. It takes time to apply and even more time to get your transcripts processed. If you had applied earlier and had the Strategic Management course planned in, they would have accepted it. It can only hurt you to wait.

I'm going to disagree and say that at this point in time, you should wait to apply. That's because of the seemingly new info that was posted on the forum that said if you applied with some number of credits already, then you could skip the cornerstone. They number was pretty high (I can't remember if it was 102cr or something like that), but since you are in the process of getting all of the SL credit, and you know exactly what to take, then you will benefit from waiting until you are very close to the 120cr.

If you had asked me earlier this year, I would have said to apply early, but now, I think you should wait and transfer as many credits as humanly possible. You can make up for the wasted $300 at PF (if it happens) by not having to pay $300 for the cornerstone.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,008 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,676 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,226 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,131 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,669 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,746 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,363 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,609 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,337 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,397 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic