Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESU---AA ???
HI,

I was looking at the AA from TESU.

Can you tell me which of their required courses,
and electives can be satisfied by Sophia, etc?

Just trying to figure out,
if The AA is easy to hack???

THANK YOU!!!
For various reasons, we typically suggest that students skip TESU associate's degrees and go right to a bachelor's. Those programs are easier to hack and only take a little bit more time & money for degree hackers. If you need an associate's degree now, we recommend Pierpont.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
[-] The following 1 user Likes jch's post:
  • midnite123
What are your strengths of knowledge?

Which AA degree field is your interest?

Coursera has until Nov 24th a 1USD offer for the 1st month which you can use to knock some certs that are ACE accredited and then later on cancel. If you know the content of a cert very well, it could be done in just a few days.

If you decide to go for Pierpont whose next graduation date is May 2024, they accept ACTFL exams for credit. If you are fluent in foreign languages, you can get up to a whopping 12 credits for a speaking exam that takes less than 1 hour. The grade appears in your credly account a few days later.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Avidreader's post:
  • midnite123
Thank you for your help!!!

Here is what I was thinking.
I am definitely going to get an AAS from Pierpont.

I have over 40 RA credits.

I am in NJ.

I also wanted to get an AA from TESU,
or any other RA college,
 where it could be mostly completed using Sophia etc.

I would then be enrolling into UMPI.

So,
basically I would like to try to get 2 associate degrees.
If you're going to go to UMPI, you can get a free Associate degree on the way to your Bachelor's degree there. I forget if it's the AA or the AS that you can ask to get added at UMPI and it completes itself automatically. I would not bother with TESU if you're not getting a Bachelor's degree from them. It's a lot of money for not much benefit. I would only barely bother with TESU if you want the AS(NSM) Comp Sci for a resume boost. (Even then, iffy.) But a generic AA simply isn't worth it.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • midnite123
If you can share us the names of the 40 RA courses, we could see if they fulfill the 5 required courses that Pierpont wants. If you have them, then you could take pretty much whatever you want that satisfies the remaining 20 credits for the Pierpont degree.

You should look at the wiki and follow the roadmap. Start knocking the correct Sophia courses that Pierpont and Umpi want. https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Pi...egree_Plan

Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Avidreader's post:
  • midnite123
(11-15-2023, 03:29 AM)rachel83az Wrote: If you're going to go to UMPI, you can get a free Associate degree on the way to your Bachelor's degree there. I forget if it's the AA or the AS that you can ask to get added at UMPI and it completes itself automatically. I would not bother with TESU if you're not getting a Bachelor's degree from them. It's a lot of money for not much benefit. I would only barely bother with TESU if you want the AS(NSM) Comp Sci for a resume boost. (Even then, iffy.) But a generic AA simply isn't worth it.
WOW!
That is cool!

So,
 I transfer my Pierpont AAS to UMPI,
and then on my way to a Bachelor's degree at UMPI,
they will give me an AA or AS?

Is that correct?

Sounds Great!
Thanx!!!
You don't even need the Pierpont degree, but yes.

You cannot graduate with the Associate on its own, IIRC. It's not technically part of YourPace. But it is free along the way to a Bachelor's degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • midnite123
(11-15-2023, 05:19 AM)rachel83az Wrote: You don't even need the Pierpont degree, but yes.

You cannot graduate with the Associate on its own, IIRC. It's not technically part of YourPace. But it is free along the way to a Bachelor's degree.

That is great!!!
THANX!!!
Easy, you have multiple routes to go, depending on what you're looking at... Pierpont BOG AAS > UMPI AALS & BAS or BLS
Another option is Pierpont BOG AAS > TESU Associates & Bachelors, the cost would be very similar to UMPI as you're in NJ
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • midnite123

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  TESU---Easy Courses and TECEPS midnite123 5 602 01-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU-----Transcripts??? midnite123 6 438 12-21-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Sophia.org and TESU midnite123 5 1,112 02-20-2023, 04:52 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Completed BA at TESU, any free ways to earn another degree? Lightorb333 13 1,991 12-30-2022, 05:24 AM
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,331 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Financial aid for ACE credits ---> TESU? CourtneyBrooke 11 1,398 01-31-2022, 04:36 PM
  "My Valuable, Cheap College Degree" from Athur Brooks, TESU grad now Harvard Prof mahaganapati 10 2,813 12-24-2021, 08:44 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  English degrees besides TESU, UMPI? Ideas 1 886 12-13-2021, 10:00 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Modern States: Mention of TESU+WGU (DF member?) bjcheung77 2 962 10-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: GizmoJack
  Difference between BSBA from TESU vs BABA from UMPI harrit 12 2,434 07-27-2021, 08:57 AM
Last Post: dfrecore