Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC and htyh/substance abuse
Hi all!

Are these considered Natural Science credits for TESC?

Thanks!
BA in Social Sciences from TESC complete!! Looking into online grad schools :coolgleam:

If you go to this page Undergraduate Ways to Earn Credit - Thomas Edison State College - acalog ACMSâ„¢ and scroll down it tells you what course equvalency they give for each exam

The quick answer is no.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
killerkitty Wrote:Hi all!

Are these considered Natural Science credits for TESC?

Thanks!

To fill natural science section you could use one of the following options:

MAT/NatSci => GenEd
DSST COS101 Intro to Computing
CLEP MAT 102/103 College Mathematics
Aleks MAT115 Intermediate Algebra
Aleks MAT121 College Algebra
CLEP NAS 101/102 Natural Sciences

Good News! Substance Abuse counts as an upper level course under the social sciences concetration; same with Fundamentals of Counseling. Here's to your health is a free elective.

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Yay!
Thanks to both of you, this is exactly what I needed!!
BA in Social Sciences from TESC complete!! Looking into online grad schools :coolgleam:

You are welcome. I love to help others to pay back for all the great help I got (and continue to get) from this forum.
Linda

Start by doing what is necessary: then do the possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible  St Francis of Assisi

Now a retired substitute Teacher in NY, & SC

AA Liberal Studies TESC '08
BA in Natural Science/Mathematics TESC Sept '10
AAS Environmental safety and Security Technology TESC  Dec '12
bricabrac Wrote:To fill natural science section you could use one of the following options:

MAT/NatSci => GenEd
DSST COS101 Intro to Computing
CLEP MAT 102/103 College Mathematics
Aleks MAT115 Intermediate Algebra
Aleks MAT121 College Algebra
CLEP NAS 101/102 Natural Sciences

Good News! Substance Abuse counts as an upper level course under the social sciences concetration; same with Fundamentals of Counseling. Here's to your health is a free elective.

Quesstion for BricBrac. TESC takes Foundations of Counseling as a social science credits upper level? I thought it went under Human Services? Also since it seems that you are in the know, does Intor to Law Enforcement go under SS also? Thanks
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Hi Alleycat,

Yes, the fundamentals of counseling exam is transferred in as PSY-331 Introduction to Counseling.
from my academic eval-
2.. PSY-331... Introduction to Counselin 3.00 CR PSY-331 *NE

Regarding Intro to LE, I can only speak to what I was told for my degree plan, BA Social Sciences:
Intro to LE = free elective
Criminal Justice = social science/gen ed

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
Thanks Bricbrac. Wow I never realized that about 'Counseling. My friend is doing a BA in LS and this will help her out alot. Thanks
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
You're welcome. I wholeheartedly agree with Linda. I too have received so much from the good people here, I'm happy to pass on information.

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
Bricbrac:

"Regarding Intro to LE, I can only speak to what I was told for my degree plan, BA Social Sciences:
Intro to LE = free elective"

In the new TESC college catalog Intro to law enforcement is under social science? Did they recently change it, when did you graduate from TESC?

I am making my roadmap for my Social Science major and trying to figure out where to place my credits..

Thanks!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,647 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,454 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,199 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,990 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,350 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,771 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,749 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,273 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,888 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby
  TESC BA Psychology lovewins 5 1,980 07-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77