Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Psych degree. Can you look at my plan?

.pdf   Less than 1 minute ago">TESC PSYCH Plan.pdf (Size: 45.22 KB / Downloads: 1)

I'm wondering if someone who knows the ins and outs of TESC can look at this plan and tell me if I'm insane or if this could actually work. I've gleaned SO much information on this forum I cant even believe how amazing it is!!

I can only afford to apply at one school right now and I went ahead and applied at COSC - but then I realized that I might be better off wtih TESC's psych degree. I made a note of the classes on the attachment that are required and what I *think* could work to satisfy the requirement. I've looked at Straighterline, DSST and Torah classes.

I'm at a loss (as of now) about the "Responsible Ethical Leadership" requirement and what would satisfy that. AND I need to come up with four more general Ed electives (IF my plan is OK). I'm hoping to find something that isnt science, math or history so I'll be looking around for some more that will fulfill that.

In terms of the core classes, I think the two in Red are the ones that it seems like I will HAVE to take at TESC.

I would LOVE input!! Anything you've done that has worked for any of these credits....I'm happy to pay you back with cute little smiley faces and massive good karma vibes!!! I'm incredibly desperate (as we all are, I'm sure!).
CM1999 Wrote:I'm at a loss (as of now) about the "Responsible Ethical Leadership" requirement and what would satisfy that. AND I need to come up with four more general Ed electives (IF my plan is OK). I'm hoping to find something that isnt science, math or history so I'll be looking around for some more that will fulfill that.

This has been so incredibly helpful to me as I'm working on my sisters' degree plans: Sanantone's General Education Options - Degree Forum Wiki Cool
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
THANK YOU! I saw that a couple days ago and then lost it!!
You're most welcome!
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
CM1999 Wrote:TESC PSYCH Plan.pdf

I'm wondering if someone who knows the ins and outs of TESC can look at this plan and tell me if I'm insane or if this could actually work. I've gleaned SO much information on this forum I cant even believe how amazing it is!!

I can only afford to apply at one school right now and I went ahead and applied at COSC - but then I realized that I might be better off wtih TESC's psych degree. I made a note of the classes on the attachment that are required and what I *think* could work to satisfy the requirement. I've looked at Straighterline, DSST and Torah classes.

I'm at a loss (as of now) about the "Responsible Ethical Leadership" requirement and what would satisfy that. AND I need to come up with four more general Ed electives (IF my plan is OK). I'm hoping to find something that isnt science, math or history so I'll be looking around for some more that will fulfill that.

In terms of the core classes, I think the two in Red are the ones that it seems like I will HAVE to take at TESC.

I would LOVE input!! Anything you've done that has worked for any of these credits....I'm happy to pay you back with cute little smiley faces and massive good karma vibes!!! I'm incredibly desperate (as we all are, I'm sure!).

I'm confused...thought you were enrolled at Patten?
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
I am, will finish out this term and then want to change. Does that make a difference?
For the Ethics Leadership requirement I would use DSST Ethics in America or Straigherline Business Ethics.

I would swap SL Criminal Justice course for the DSST Criminal Justice exam. It's a toss up but in viewing a few recent academic evaluations it would seem TESC is awarding the 6cr recommended by ACE for the exam. It doesn't hurt to try.

You might consider enrolling under the pay per credit tuition plan and fill the needed general education electives with TECEP exams. See my signature for link to recommended TECEPs.

DSST Substance Abuse (@TESC SOS-305), DSST Fundamentals of Counseling (PSY-331) and DSST Organizational Behavior (PSY-361) are all UL and can be used in the Psychology Area of Study. Finally, unless Torah is a 4yr College, Human Growth and Development will transfer in as LL (PSY-211).

Good Luck!

"Setting a goal is not the main thing. It is deciding how you will go about achieving it and staying with that plan." -Tom Landry

TESC:
AAS, Admin Studies. 2010
BA, Social Sciences. 2010. Arnold Fletcher Award.
AAS, Environmental, Safety & Security Technologies. 2011
BSBA, General Management. 2011. Arnold Fletcher Award. Sigma Beta Delta (ΣΒΔWink!
CM1999 Wrote:I am, will finish out this term and then want to change. Does that make a difference?

I don't think so. Was just wondering why you're switching.
Associate in Arts - Thomas Edison State University
Bachelor of Arts in Humanities - Thomas Edison State University
pursuing Master's degree, Applied Linguistics - Universidad Antonio de Nebrija

*credit sources: Patten University, Straighterline, Learning Counts, The Institutes, Torah College Credits, Kaplan Open College, UMUC, Thomas Edison State University (guided study liberal arts capstone)
AHHH...got it.

So, in many ways, Patten is GREAT! so, before I explain, I just have to say that for most people Patten would work out wonderfully.
My biggest issue: It doesnt fit my life/schedule very well at all. There are times of the year when I dont have time for a month or even two months to work on very much school work. So, during those times, I'm paying for something I'm not able to use. In my situation I think it makes more sense for me to do more CLEP/DSST stuff, and maybe Straighterline during the months when I have more time to bang things out. I dont like that I cant pick and choose which classes I'm going to take when. (I do know they will work with me, I just dont like feeling like I have to explain over and over that I cant do Math in the spring because of my work schedule and that I need a psych class because I absorb that info easier, etc)

And for the other issue (though it's not THAT big of a deal): I really like the idea of doing more testing (less final projects) AND being able to get some input (via online forms, books etc) about what to expect on the tests. I have challenged all of the classes I've done with Patten and I always have this feeling that I'm never really sure if what I'm absorbing is what I should be absorbing....it seems like most of the tests I've taken have focused on things other than what I focused on in my studying. With CLEP and DSST there is quite a bit of info from people about what the test is likes so I feel a little more secure about what I'm focusing on. ----one example, in case this isnt making sense, in the Film class I focused a lot on learning about the techniques and HOW they do what they do and then, on the test, found more history-like questions specific to particular people...I hadnt taken the time to focus on those things because I really thought the class was more about HOW they do what they and WHY they do what they do in film. ---now, I did FINE on the class but those kinds of things raise my anxiety level to a point that almost every class leaves me worrying so much that I spend too long spinning my wheels, scared about the test. There is a lot more info out there on the tests than there is on Patten classes.
But, mostly, it's about the flexibility of paying for tests and classes when I actually have the time to take them --and being able to study more than one thing at a time.
I thought Patten accepted almost as much transfer credit as the big three. something like 80 or 90m credits, or did I read it wrong when I was looking into it?
Pursuing TESC BSBA CIS: ~100/120

CCAF Air & Space Operations Technology: April 2014

CLEP: Humanities, A&I Lit, SocSci & History, Intro Sociology, English Comp, Freshman College Comp, Principles of Management, History of the US I/II, Intro to Computing

DSST: InfoSys & Comp Apps, Intro to the Modern Middle East, Management Information Systems, Fundamentals of Cybersecurity, Human Resource Management, Principles of Supervision, Western Europe since 1945

AMU: Public Speaking, History of Explosive Ordnance Disposal, College Algebra

ALS (CCAF): Leadership/Management I, Managerial Communication I, Military Studies I

Sophia: Microeconomics

Straighterline: Accounting I/II

TECEP: English Comp I/II, Computer Concepts & Applications, Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics, Strategic Management (March 2017 Semester)

TESU OL: Python Programming (March 2017 Semester), Systems Analysis & Design I (March 2017 Semester)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,152 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,816 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,272 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,618 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  TESU BA PSYCH AOS? Mab81 1 1,255 09-02-2018, 06:52 PM
Last Post: jsd
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,775 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,750 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 4,937 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,935 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,302 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627