Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC BSBA CIS degree plan
I just want to say that this site has helped me out a great deal in completing my degree. Currently I am finishing my last few classes but I still need to take Systems Analysis and Design. I checked with my local colleges but they do not offer the class. Is there anywhere I could take this class online at an affordable price?
If you are already enrolled, can you not simply take CIS-320-OL online from TESC? Or, is there a reason to want to take it elsewhere that I am not thinking of?

Also, congrats on your effort. I am also on the BSBA -CIS path to eventually enroll at TESC. Would you mind sharing your degree plan? For me (and I'm sure other CIS folks), I have been in IT for years, and the CIS credits are the ones that seem the hardest to test out of. While I am saving those credits for last, I think I may have to take classes for them, unless portfolio credit is worth it. I am also trying to figure out my GenEd electives at this time, and I am curious as to what other people do for them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Started on 03/09/2012 (on break from 2/2013 - 5/2015)
Goal: TESC BSBA - CIS or Gen. Mgmt.

Earned so far: 61/120 credits
ALEKS - College Algebra
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS - Intro to Stats
ALEKS - Business Stats
CLEP - A&I Literature - 66
CLEP - College Comp w/ essay - 58
CLEP - Principles of Management - 67
CLEP - Principles of Marketing - 70
CLEP - Intro. Business Law - 64
DSST - Human Resource Management - 62
DSST - Principles of Supervision - 460
DSST - Intro to Computing - 463
DSST - Management Information Systems - 461
DSST - Intro to Business - 453
DSST - Business Ethics and Society - 444
DSST - Ethics in America - 458
DSST - Cybersecurity - 458
TECEP - Network Technology
TEEX - Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Business Professionals
FEMA - Prof. Dev. Certificate (Now worthless)

Other:
ISC2 CISSP
TESC does offer CIS-320 online but the course is 12 weeks long and I was trying to find something I can complete at a faster pace. All of my other CIS requirements have been met with classes I took at my local college.

My business class requirements have been completed through Straighterline, Penn Foster, and my local college.

Straighterline - Business Communication, English Composition II, Accounting I, Accounting II, Economics II: Microeconomics, Introduction to Business, Introduction to Criminal Justice

Penn Foster ($210 per course) - Art Appreciation, Financial Management, Principles of Management, Strategic Business Management, Business Law I, International Business
Penn Foster used to offer it but I think the course is no longer ACE approved. That stinks. Can't you call TESC and see if they have a faster paced option like a flashtrack or something? They really need to have quicker options than just 12 week courses. Those seem to take forever.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I emailed TESC about Penn Foster's class and they responded:

The Penn Foster course, Structured Systems Analysis (ICS0028), is appropriate for your degree and has been added as planned credit.

So, I guess it never hurts to ask.
Did you tell them that the ACE approval has expired? TESC advisors are notorious for giving bad information. You could have your hopes up that you're going to graduate and the Structured Systems Analysis class could be rejected during the degree audit.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Check Adams State College for this course (I think you'll find it under their business courses). ASC is RA, but get pre-approval from TESC nontheless.
The Penn Foster course was initially approved by TESC, but after I pointed out the course was no longer ACE approved my advisor told me it would no longer satisfy the degree requirement.

I did decide to take the course at Adams State College.

Thanks
southsidej Wrote:Also, congrats on your effort. I am also on the BSBA -CIS path to eventually enroll at TESC. Would you mind sharing your degree plan?

I second this request, for placement on the wiki to show others how to follow this path. CIS plans are sorely lacking on the wiki -- as in "there are none." I would post mine, but it is 50% military credit and I frankly think it won't be useful to most people.
Community-Supported Wiki(link approved by forum admin)

Complete: TESU BA Computer Science
2011-2013 completed all BSBA CIS requirements except 4 gen eds.
2013 switched major to CS, then took a couple years off suddenly.
2015-2017 finished the CS.

CCAF: AAS Comp Sci
CLEP (10): A&I Lit, College Composition Modular, College Math, Financial Accounting, Marketing, Management, Microecon, Sociology, Psychology, Info Systems
DSST (4): Public Speaking, Business Ethics, Finance, MIS

ALEKS (3): College Algebra, Trig, Stats
UMUC (3): Comparative programming languages, Signal & Image Processing, Analysis of Algorithms
TESU (11): English Comp, Business Law, Macroecon, Managerial Accounting, Strategic Mgmt (BSBA Capstone), C++, Data Structures, Calc I/II, Discrete Math, BA Capstone

Warning: BA Capstone is a thesis, mine was 72 pages about a cryptography topic

Wife pursuing Public Admin cert via CSU.
dcan Wrote:I second this request, for placement on the wiki to show others how to follow this path. CIS plans are sorely lacking on the wiki -- as in "there are none." I would post mine, but it is 50% military credit and I frankly think it won't be useful to most people.

Agreed! I had to do some deep diving to put my initial plan together. I will commit to post mine to the wiki when complete. I'm about 1/3 done, and plan to finish the requirements by the end of the year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Started on 03/09/2012 (on break from 2/2013 - 5/2015)
Goal: TESC BSBA - CIS or Gen. Mgmt.

Earned so far: 61/120 credits
ALEKS - College Algebra
ALEKS - Intermediate Algebra
ALEKS - Intro to Stats
ALEKS - Business Stats
CLEP - A&I Literature - 66
CLEP - College Comp w/ essay - 58
CLEP - Principles of Management - 67
CLEP - Principles of Marketing - 70
CLEP - Intro. Business Law - 64
DSST - Human Resource Management - 62
DSST - Principles of Supervision - 460
DSST - Intro to Computing - 463
DSST - Management Information Systems - 461
DSST - Intro to Business - 453
DSST - Business Ethics and Society - 444
DSST - Ethics in America - 458
DSST - Cybersecurity - 458
TECEP - Network Technology
TEEX - Cyber Security for Everyone, Cyber Security for Business Professionals
FEMA - Prof. Dev. Certificate (Now worthless)

Other:
ISC2 CISSP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,206 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,861 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,345 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,675 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,871 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,778 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,038 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,011 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,965 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,326 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627