Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TESC Advising - Ok to trust?
I have an ENG102 credit that was transferred in to TESC with 2.67 credits (quarter credit system). I started taking the ENG102 equivalent on straighter line before checking to see if the .33 credits were neccessary. I have received back from TESC advising the following statement:

The English Composition II requirement is satisfied with 2.67 semester hours. You do not need to take the three credit version.

My academic evaluation has been adjusted to show the .33 credits in general education electives. I have already completed much of the work on the straighterline course but have several papers left to write. I have two questions regarding this.

1.) Is having this in writing enough to ensure that I will not be required to come up with the .33 hours for a writing course? Can I trust this statement?
2.) Has anyone submitted blank papers in SL to complete the course? I have already achieved a passing grade.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
We recently had someone in a similar situation to you, who had been told that the .33 had been waived. What they didn't realize was that they would still have to earn that 0.33 of a credit to graduate! You will need to make up that 0.33 in your general education electives. I would suggest using the Kaplan PLA course as an expedient and no-cost way to gain those credits.
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
KayV Wrote:We recently had someone in a similar situation to you, who had been told that the .33 had been waived. What they didn't realize was that they would still have to earn that 0.33 of a credit to graduate! You will need to make up that 0.33 in your general education electives. I would suggest using the Kaplan PLA course as an expedient and no-cost way to gain those credits.

This is definitely not an issue, I have plenty of credits that can be gen ed. None however are writing based or english courses.
Currently studying for: Still deciding.

Done!
2020 - Harvard Extension School - ALM IT Management 
2019 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Data Science
2018 - Harvard Extension School - Graduate Certificate Cyber Security
2016 - WGU - MBA Mgmt & Strategy
2015 - Thomas Edison State College - BSBA Marketing & CIS
You should be good to go then. Just don't end up with 119.67 hours at the end of your degree. Smile
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
You'll be fine, just make sure you save the email and your academic evaluation with the ENG course in your eval. I had an issue in the past, right before graduation (of course) and for some reason they changed my evaluation from 0 sh remaining to 3 sh. I called TESC and spoke to the person at the registrar, who sent me the email about adding / approving a certain course into my evaluation. She stated that the one class could not be used. I then told her that I have an email from her stating otherwise. Plus I had by academic evaluation saved showing 0 sh left with the course in question on it. Needless to say she had it fixed.
Seton Hall University - MA HRTD
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA GM in progress
Thomas Edison State College - BA CJ
Thomas Edison State College - AAS ESST
Middlesex County College - AS CJ

NJ PTC
New Jersey Regional Community Police Institute
Methods of Instruction

TEEX
Cyber Security for Everyone
Cyber Security for IT Professionals
Cyber Security for Business Professionals

Sophia
Accounting
I was in a similar situation with some of my credits. My Microeconomics course and my Business Law course were each 4 quarter hours, and transferred in as 2.67 credits for the TESC BSBA. The remaining 0.33 credits for each were waived for that specific requirement. An additional 0.33 credits were added to my requirements for General Education Electives from the Microeconomics course, and an additional 0.33 credits were added to my requirements for the Business Electives for the Business Law course.

They're accepting that you took the class, and not making you repeat a course you already took just to get a fraction of a credit. You still have to get the extra fraction of a credit in the corresponding electives.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First Post - TESC Academic Evaluation Questions npk32 34 5,647 07-18-2018, 01:03 PM
Last Post: npk32
  "Ask advising"? originalamyj 9 2,234 02-14-2018, 02:37 PM
Last Post: originalamyj
Question Psych electives for TESC Psych degree KatePsychology 4 1,454 02-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Last Post: jsd
  Help with Academic Eval TESC jayboy 8 2,199 02-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Last Post: davewill
  Newbie looking for a roadmap for TESC associate degree in computer science nevsage 6 3,990 01-04-2018, 11:11 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  ajs1976 TESC BSBA accountability thread ajs1976 41 10,350 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UExcel Business Information Systems TESC Equivalency laughter 4 1,771 11-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Last Post: jsh1138
  What Masters programs are a good fit to transfer to from TESC? Doctor H 9 2,749 09-23-2017, 12:01 AM
Last Post: sanantone
  Think I'm Going For Associate in Arts (general studies) at TESC RA808 110 11,274 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Last Post: RA808
  TESC Liberal Arts Capstone Review hornj 13 6,889 08-10-2017, 07:50 PM
Last Post: mabby