Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEL Learning?
I'm pursuing the BSBA CIS at TESU (switched from IT since this is faster). My issue is I've completed most gen-eds and BSBA core classes from Sophia. I did not have RA credits planned into my degree since I was originally going for the I.T degree which did not have a lot of transfer credits, forcing me to take many classes through TESU. I have 15 RA credits from CC and I'm looking to finish out the rest. Can I take TEL learning classes even though I completed the equivalent classes at Sophia? Can I take ANY TEL Learning class and have it show up as an RA credit elective? Since I have 15 RA credits and will get 6 from cap and cornerstone I'm wondering what are the easiest/fastest 9 RA credits to take having done most of my gen eds already. Thanks
That strategy could work for you. TESU will always choose RA credits over ACE credits, and will select the RA version if there's a duplicate.
TESU Class of 2024 BSBA-CIS+GM, BSIT, ASNSM-CS+Math, AAS-GEN
Earned credits from Sophia, SDC, ASU ULC, TEEX, Microsoft, Strayer, TESU, Saylor, DSST, CLEP, CompTIA, StraighterLine, and others since starting in April 2020
Another, perhaps faster, option would be to pick up 3 TECEP exams at TESU. They count as RA credit, but not as residency credit.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 1 user Likes davewill's post:
  • origamishuttle
Another option is to do the 16 credit flat rate tuition, you can take 3 E-Packs (similar to TECEPS but do count for residency and expensive)
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • LevelUP
(03-24-2023, 12:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Another option is to do the 16 credit flat rate tuition, you can take 3 E-Packs (similar to TECEPS but do count for residency and expensive)

Thought about this one a lot but I felt 16cr term might be pushing me too much with work and family and the price was roughly the same with waiver fee + 3 classes at TEL.
(03-24-2023, 03:15 PM)faptaincrunch Wrote:
(03-24-2023, 12:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Another option is to do the 16 credit flat rate tuition, you can take 3 E-Packs (similar to TECEPS but do count for residency and expensive)

Thought about this one a lot but I felt 16cr term might be pushing me too much with work and family and the price was roughly the same with waiver fee + 3 classes at TEL.

Read again what bjcheug77 said. He was talking about doing 3 E-Packs which are the same as TECEPs. You can study ahead of time, and if you fail, it doesn't count against your grade.

So considering that you study ahead of time, your courseload would be the same as taking two classes by themselves. Also, the advantage is IF you pass all 3 E-Packs, you don't have to pay the $3200+ residency waiver. 

A lot of TECEPs include practice questions, so if you can score 60% or so with zero studying, they will probably be easy to pass. See if you can find some low-hanging fruit.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(03-24-2023, 03:15 PM)faptaincrunch Wrote:

But the flat rate tuition ($4228) also covers the cornerstone and capstone, so that's another $3210 saved.

Corner/Capstone ($3210) + Res Waiver ($3228) +  TEL (3 x $200) = $7,038

Flat Rate Term = $4778

If it's too much work, remember you can always extend the capstone ($248) by a few weeks to take the pressure off.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
@faptaincrunch, take some time to review threads/posts and the WIKI for more details. You should update us if anything has changed, as you have a few threads/posts before this one.  There are so many variables in play that we're not aware of because you haven't completed the template and last post addendum here: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Area-works

Having said that, with the info in those previous posts, I would still recommend you do the flat rate by taking e-packs even if it duplicates your ACE credits that you've completed already.  You should also create a spreadsheet with the info on the WIKI, the gen eds, business core, and the CIS AOS: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...ts_Roadmap

Depending on the energy, money, time, you have allocated to your studies, I would recommend slicing things a little differently.  You're more than a dozen years younger than me, you are at that ripe age of having a good mix of certs, degree, experience under your belt.  My recommendation is to go for the BACS & BSBA CIS instead of the BSIT you mentioned in a previous thread post, I believe you changed it to this BSBA CIS instead due to a few reasons...

Anyways, this is how I would propose the residency credits to remove the residency waiver fee, doing a flat rate of 16 credits in one term and then a double capstones the next term to finish off both of the degrees, if you run into any difficulties, you can extend the capstones.  Here are a few links and threads you may want to review  https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Sa...egree_Plan

NJ Flat Rate Tuition: $3,686  https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/flat-rate-tuition
NJ Per Credit Tuition: $411  https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/per-credit
Residency Waiver: $3,288  https://www.tesu.edu/tuition/fees

6 credits 411x6 (2466) + Residency Waiver = $5754
6 credits 411x6 (2 capstones) + Flat Rate Tuition 3686 = $6152
For $398 and cost of about 5 additional alternative courses, you can get a BACS added to your degree list

Courses vs Residency Waiver #1: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...ng-Courses
16 Credits vs Residency Waiver #2: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...Waiver-Fee
ACTFL/Foreign Credits: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...r-to-Big-3
Transfer Policy: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-Explained
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
I would opt for TECEP's rather than TEL courses, if you are a decent test-taker.

2 for sure:
Applied Liberal Arts Mathematics (MAT-105)
Computer Concepts & Applications (CIS-107)

Then choose 1 more (College Algebra, English Comp II, Tech Writing, etc.).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Yes, you can take TEL learning classes even though you completed the equivalent classes at Sophia.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 290 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Spanish - Learning website security breach bjcheung77 1 1,106 12-24-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: Johann
  Distance Learning Information and Conversation Discord Server ThatBankDude 5 847 06-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: xianbd
  Coursera, Udemy & LinkedIn Learning ss20ts 6 2,162 06-12-2023, 11:51 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  ACE/Sophia Learning - Student of the year 2022 winners! bjcheung77 9 1,031 05-08-2023, 08:12 PM
Last Post: ashkir
Question Ways to Use ChatGPT for Language Learning? LevelUP 1 536 01-24-2023, 06:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Genius Group (Amazon of Lifelong Learning) bjcheung77 0 394 10-15-2022, 07:22 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Online Learning and Accreditation Alpha 0 489 10-01-2022, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Portage Learning RoyalSpade 0 586 09-02-2022, 04:37 PM
Last Post: RoyalSpade
  College credit for LinkedIn Learning "Learning Paths" sanantone 6 1,988 08-19-2022, 01:46 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket