Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TEEX Cybersecurity, free ACE-recommended credits ending soon!
Just a reminder to everyone that the free TEEX cybersecurity courses will not be ACE-recommended after 02/28/18. SO, if you would like up to 6 credits for $0, knock these out ASAP. I did the courses for 301. It was not difficult, but it did take me a while to go through. It was enough effort that I would not knock it out just to see what it was, like I did with the 2 free Sophia courses or the free Institutes ethics course. BTW, you might want to do those after you do these TEEX.

I believe it works like this (DFers, plz correct anything that is wrong):

Go to https://teex.org/Pages/Program.aspx?catID=199

Under ¨Cybersecurity¨ there are 10 courses.
Cybersecurity 101 (Security for everyone) is Cyber Law / Cyber Ethics / Info Security for Everyone
Cybersecurity 201 (Cybersecurity for IT professionals) is Network Assurance / Digital Forensics / Info Security Basics / Secure Software
Cybersecurity 301 (Cybersecurity for business professionals) is Cyber Incident Analysis / Disaster Recovery / Info Risk Mgmt

If you complete all under Cybersecurity 101, ACE recommends you get 2 credits of ¨introduction to computer security¨. Same with 201 and 301. So you could get 6 credits total from this.

I took 301. Each COURSE has several modules (5 or 6). You take a pre-course test with around 10-20 questions. Then you go through a module, then you take a post-test. The post-test counts, but you get several attempts I think. I only needed to take each post-test one time. You go through all 5 or 6 modules (pre-test, module presentation, and post-test), and you pass that one course. To get credit for Cybersecurity 301 you need to complete all 3 courses I listed above. Once you do that, you go to your ACE transcript (set that up if you have not already, it is free), and add Cybersecurity 301. After review, it will get added.

For my TESU degree plan, these TEEX offerings were going to just be ¨Other Electives¨, so I didn´t bother with them. Somewhat recently, however, TESU changed their requirements for the ASNSM in Computer Science. 16 credits of ¨computer science¨ courses are needed for that degree, and I already had 15 from computer courses I took at a junior college, so all I need now is 1 more credit. I am hoping one of these TEEX will fit in. To tack on the ASNSM CS will not cost me anything extra if I lump it in with my BSBA GM graduation, so why not do it?

These could fall in for you as free electives, but if you are pursuing a computer-related degree they could have more value. OR, degree requirements could change down the line and these will open options for you.

Oh, and as far as I know, TESU equivalents are as follows:

Cyber 101- CAP295 Intro to security basics
Cyber201- CAP385 Network security
Cyber 301- CIS344 Computer security
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
[-] The following 2 users Like StoicJ's post:
  • slmartin, Yenisei
Any time a course is set to have their ACE-recommendation expire, there is a chance that it will be renewed - but there is also a chance that it won't! So it's a good time to reassess your plan, and take a course if you really want it.

For some course providers (SL is a good example), there is a very good chance they will renew - because we've seen it happen time and again. They also said they're in the process now. But for TEEX, we just don't know.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I hope they do extend. If so, I will finish 101 and 201 sometime before graduation.

I was one of approximately 15 managers at a large distribution center a few years ago. While going through this course (Cyber 301) I thought of several instances where I could have brought valuable insight and suggestions to some of the meetings we had. Things that, had I been looking to move up the chain, would have helped me. I am working on projects now that are susceptible to threats I never gave much weight to before taking the course. So I think there is much benefit to completing these even if one does not get meaningful degree credit.
College (146): RA (134), NA (12)
ACE-recommended (105): Sophia (53), Study (28), Google (12), TEEX (10), Institutes (2)
ECTS (69): ENEB (65), LUT (2), XAMK (2)
IN PROGRESS:

Certificate- Google Data Analytics
Bachelor- Cybersecurity Technology (105/120) /
 Organizational Leadership (99/120)
Certification- CompTIA A+
DONE:
Certificate- Google IT Support

Associates- Business Administration /  BoG (History)
Undergrad certificate- Computer Networking
MBA
[-] The following 1 user Likes StoicJ's post:
  • Yenisei
Would these courses generally be considered electives? I'm excited to start, have had the tab open as motivation!
Earning the free credits out there
So far completed a Modern States, working on The Institutes Course.
(02-13-2018, 05:22 PM)slmartin Wrote: Would these courses generally be considered electives? I'm excited to start, have had the tab open as motivation!
Earning the free credits out there
So far completed a Modern States, working on The Institutes Course.

Depends on what school you go to, and what degree you're trying to get.

2 come in as CAP courses, which will work in the AOS for a couple of computer-related degrees, but are Free Electives for the majority.  1 comes in as CIS, which is a Gen Ed or AOS course.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • slmartin
So just as long as I finish the entire course by the 28th, I'll be fine right?
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(02-13-2018, 08:03 PM)MNomadic Wrote: So just as long as I finish the entire course by the 28th, I'll be fine right?

Yes, as long as you complete all the courses before the ACE Credit recommendation period ends, you should be eligible to transcript it.

Keep in mind there are 3 courses in Cyber 101, 4 courses in Cyber 201, and 3 courses in Cyber 301, and you can earn 2 credits for each of Cyber 101, 201, and 301.

Hopefully, Texas A&M is working with ACE to extend/renew so that won't matter. But it's better to err on the side of caution and try to finish all ten courses before the 28th to get the maximum (6) credits.

I completed Cyber 101 a while ago, but I'm working on completing Cyber 301 now and will complete Cyber 201 last. Smile
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
[-] The following 1 user Likes Merlin's post:
  • slmartin
Nice! I'm working on cyber 101 right now, halfway through the second set of modules. I may not have time for the other 2 courses unless they renew, since I'm taking advantage of the guardian scholarship right now.
WGU BSIT Complete January 2022
(77CU transferred in)(44/44CU ) 

RA(non WGU)(57cr)
JST/TESU Eval of NAVY Training(85/99cr)
The Institutes, TEEX, NFA(9cr): Ethics, Cyber 101/201/301, Safety
Sophia(60cr): 23 classes
Study.com(31cr): Eng105, Fin102, His108, LibSci101, Math104, Stat101, CS107, CS303, BUS107
CLEP(9cr): Intro Sociology 63 Intro Psych 61 US GOV 71
OD(12cr): Robotics, Cyber, Programming, Microecon
CSM(3cr)
Various IT/Cybersecurity Certifications from: CompTIA, Google, Microsoft, AWS, GIAC, LPI, IBM
CS Fund. MicroBachelor(3cr)
(02-13-2018, 08:43 PM)MNomadic Wrote: Nice! I'm working on cyber 101 right now, halfway through the second set of modules. I may not have time for the other 2 courses unless they renew, since I'm taking advantage of the guardian scholarship right now.

I'm in the midst of the Guardian scholarship as well, but I've already taken both of my exams for the month. I have a 3rd course pending that I won't be able to take the final exam for until March 1st. I was planning to switch over to Straighterline or Shmoop for the rest of the month, but that is on hold until I finish the free credits from Teex.
Working on: Debating whether I want to pursue a doctoral program or maybe another master's degree in 2022-23

Complete:
MBA (IT Management), 2019, Western Governors University
BSBA (Computer Information Systems), 2019, Thomas Edison State University
ASNSM (Computer Science), 2019, Thomas Edison State University

ScholarMatch College & Career Coach
WGU Ambassador
So I finished all the sections and modules for one of them and went to add it to my ACE  I cannot find it or any of the other 2 listed so I cant add it to my ACE. I cant even find TEEX or anything.

what am I doing wrong?

Edit, nevermind. I was stupid or something. After I logged off and back on I was able to find it

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Missing Straighterline credits on credly yc1981 2 93 Yesterday, 07:53 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,864 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  FREE Voucher for Microsoft AI Skills Challenge coming soon - potential ACE credits BritStudent 7 403 03-07-2024, 12:35 PM
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 250 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 546 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 552 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Searching for Fire Science Credits CGaboury 6 540 01-11-2024, 12:45 AM
  Transfer Sophia.org credits to Penn State World Campus? nomaduser 16 2,914 12-19-2023, 12:38 AM
Last Post: Dlynn1219
  Free credit course website for non-American Pinko64 3 676 11-04-2023, 05:51 PM
  Straighterline etc - Graduate Credits in Education? nykorn 5 581 10-22-2023, 07:56 PM