Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Study.com Statistics - Do formulas need to be memorized?
Has anyone taken the statistics course on study.com? They have a lot of crazy formulas and I'm wondering if I have to have those memorized or not? If they give them to you on the test then I don't want to waste a bunch of time memorizing them but if they don't and you need them, then I will definitely take the time to memorize them It's not that big of a deal I was just hoping some of you might have some input on this. Thank you!
I only had 1 question on my proctored exam that required any math and it was basic % of something. None of those formulas in the lessons were used on my particular exam. I think they are all different questions though, so not sure if you should or not.
That didn't help much, now did it? HA! I'm sorry!:leaving:
BALS.SS COMPLETED (122 credits in 6 1/2 months)
CAPSTONE (95%)
CLEP: A & I Lit (63), English Comp Modular (74)
TECEP: Computer Concepts
DSST: English Comp 2 (417)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, Pre-Calculus
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
BingCherry Wrote:I only had 1 question on my proctored exam that required any math and it was basic % of something. None of those formulas in the lessons were used on my particular exam. I think they are all different questions though, so not sure if you should or not.
That didn't help much, now did it? HA! I'm sorry!:leaving:

Wow! That's crazy. Now I'm regretting spending so much time trying to learn actual math hahaha. I know, I know, that's bad attitude haha. But no that's very helpful to know! I was getting so scared that they would ask me a million of these questions that take 30 minutes to solve on the quizzes and I would never finish in 2 hours. Now I'm much less worried. I also just skimmed through the practice final to see what was on it (something I should have done before I started) and it has like 95% worded quesitons with worded answers looks totally doable.
If there's not math on a stats course... what exactly is being tested?
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
OMG! I TOTALLY misread that!! I thought it was the Personal Finance course, as I had been talking about it with someone privately, immediately when replying here. IGNORE ME!!! good grief...banghead

please delete my other comment so nobody gets mislead... UGH!
CAPSTONE (95%)
STRAIGHTERLINE: Medical Terminology, Religions, Western Civ I, Western Civ II, American Govt, Nutrition, Anthropology, Sociology, Environmental Science, Communications
STUDY.COM: Personal Finance, Vietnam War, Social Psychology, Research Methods in Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Classroom Management, Differentiated Instruction, Special Education History & Law, Foundations of Education, Early Childhood Education
SHMOOP: The Bible As Literature, Shakespeare's Plays, U.S. History 1, U.S. History 2, Modern European History, World Geography, Film Studies, Human Sexuality
FREE COURSES: CybSec for Everyone, CybSec Business Professionals, Insurance Inst. Ethics, NFA: Fire Service Supervision, Community Safety Educators, Sophia: Developing Effective Teams
i was going to say, how is this stats course not more popular hilarious
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
RIGHT??? I would have passed it if so! I tried 3 times (on ALEKS) and gave up! HAHA

I'M SOOORRYYY!!!! :imwithstupid: (sign is for myself!)
CAPSTONE (95%)
Haha well from the looks of the practice test on the study.com stats, there are only a few questions that even have numbers! Most of them are worded questions with worded answers. So probably a mix of knowing the terms and common sense? The lessons are super complicated but the test definitely doesn't look as hard if the practice test is at all similar.
gremlinbrawler Wrote:Haha well from the looks of the practice test on the study.com stats, there are only a few questions that even have numbers! Most of them are worded questions with worded answers. So probably a mix of knowing the terms and common sense? The lessons are super complicated but the test definitely doesn't look as hard if the practice test is at all similar.

Wow, really? My son is just starting Statistics at Straighterline - the first of 5 tests was 80% math problems, 20% concepts. If he fails the course I may encourage him to try the Study.com version. Hoping it doesn't come to that, though.
Here Researching for my son, who has done the following:
Community College: Intro to Philosophy, Fundamentals of IT, English Comp 1
Saylor: Intro to Business, Principles of  Marketing, Corporate Communication
Shmoop: US History 2 (WGU won't accept this)
ALEKS: Int. Algebra, College Algebra
Study.com: Personal Finance, Principles of Finance, HR Management, Global Business, Advanced Operations Management
Straighterline: US History 2, Environmental Science, US History, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, English Comp 2, Principles of Management, Business Law, Business Ethics, Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Accounting 1,Communication, Managerial Accounting, Statistics
Ed4Credit: Managing Information Systems
Sophia: Project Management
WGU: Bachelors in HR Management 

Second son is currently attending Penn Foster for his high school diploma, then on to Ashworth for An Associates in Criminal Justice
BingCherry Wrote:RIGHT??? I would have passed it if so! I tried 3 times (on ALEKS) and gave up! HAHA

I'M SOOORRYYY!!!! :imwithstupid: (sign is for myself!)

Haha it's fine, no worries!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Study.com charged me another month without my consent Livia_Drusila 6 154 1 hour ago
Last Post: jch
  Current Study.com Coupon Codes pws 67 40,488 03-22-2024, 05:10 PM
Last Post: GoBroncos95
  calculating grade for study.com course Omece 9 1,631 03-20-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  The official guide to courses by Straighterline, Study, et al: We want YOUR input! aviator guy 378 469,297 03-18-2024, 07:25 PM
Last Post: RachelB
  Disappointed with Study.com (Discrete Mathematics) legenwait4itdary 6 764 03-08-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Study partner wanted, incentive offered Simerion 3 370 02-26-2024, 04:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.Com Upcoming changes to courses Vin 4 1,044 02-13-2024, 11:26 PM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,917 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  does felician college accept study.com credits? fraggle 4 595 01-31-2024, 03:47 PM
Last Post: indigoshuffle
  Study Managerial Accounting that Transfers to UMPI Indieblue 0 315 01-25-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: Indieblue