Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Straighterline Business Communicaton Short Report assignment
Does anyone have a sample (not including the text) of how to format this assignment? I am not looking to cheat. I have read the chapters extensively (and am not a good writer) but cannot get a clear picture as how to proceed. Any suggestions would be extremely helpful. I have done an internet search, been through most of my old english texts and even my former secretary handbook. I am at a total lost.

In advance, thanks for any assistance. Please feel free to PM with your response if you prefer.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
Hey Frankie,

I just finished English Comp II through SL, I'm not sure if Business Communication is set up the exact same way , but if you look under "Course Resources" on the left is there then an option of Samples? for English they had
Glossary, Sample Essays,Study Guides: Frankenstein,Writing Aids and Study Aids all listed under that category. I didn't notice that till I was 25% through the course ,but it was very helpful. I plan on taking that class soon so let me know ya think overall when your done please.

Good Luck
Use the sample reports in the textbook as a guide. I did this and got a 75% on the assignment. The reason is that Straighterline subs out your grading of papers to smartthinking. So before handing it in for a grade, if you are close to a 70% in the class, submit it to smartthinking with a brief description of the problem to be addressed. Smartthinking will help you fix any errors. Then send it back to smartthinking again for a second opinion. Finally, submit it to SL who will submit it to Smartthinking for a grade. This is the safest way to proceed.

I can't remember, but is the assignment supposed to be in APA format? If so, I am an expert at that format now, having written hundreds of research papers at NCU in APA.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
I used the sample below that I found on the Internet as a guide and scored a 93%. I had a cover page, executive summary page and the report content itself was 3 pages.

http://www.csun.edu/bus302/Course/Commun...report.doc
None of the assignments I turned in were in APA or MLA.
I agree with Jam123 just follow a basic sample report. I powered through it because it was my free course taken at the same time as medical terminology. Didn't need the credit so as long as I scored 70 it was good for me (ended up with 94%).

I also submitted a cover page, report (3pgs) and reference page for a total of 5pgs. I used the scenario for employee benefits (FSA): gave a brief overview of the program, listed the advantages, inserted a table of the of federal guidelines(eligible/ineligible expenses), disadvantages, recommended action.

I think I spent 2hrs creating the report on the fly so was not as tidy as it should have been and still earned a 92. It's actually very easy.
Thanks for all the help. I have written my report and submitted it to smartthinking. As always, this forum rocks. I really enjoy being a member here and can't say enough about how great the people are.
A.S. General Transfer Chattanooga State 2009
B.S.L.A. Thomas Edison State College June 7, 2013
33 CLEP
18 DSST
I have been taking the SL courses and they seem great. It works around my schedule. How would you score the English Comp. II course? I am thinking about taking the course.
yayonyc Wrote:I have been taking the SL courses and they seem great. It works around my schedule. How would you score the English Comp. II course? I am thinking about taking the course.

I''m a few assignments away from completing Eng. II. Of course, you have to read Frankenstein if you haven't already and there are 6 writing assessments that need to be completed. I guess it's okay, but its definitely more work than Eng I.
BS in Homeland Security. Thomas Edison State University. 2016

AAS in Environmental, Security and Safety Technologies. Thomas Edison State University. 2013
I started Frankenstein awhile back. It was pretty dark at the beginning so I stopped reading. Does the book continue feeling "dark" the whole time or does it end up being a good read?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 288 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 459 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University of Northern Alabama Competency Business Degree natshar 6 701 07-19-2023, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  StraighterLine acquires Childcare Education Institute bjcheung77 2 833 05-16-2023, 11:05 AM
Last Post: glammie83
  Excelsior University & StraighterLine success story! bjcheung77 0 677 03-07-2023, 07:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 524 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Higher Ed Landscape Report Alpha 0 395 10-11-2022, 06:40 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Short-term Pell for online? Alpha 11 1,048 06-30-2022, 11:19 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 977 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Science plus lab alterantives for Study.com/StraighterLine echo64 6 1,073 06-18-2022, 01:27 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77