Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Sophia won't give me ACE credit in Alternative Credit Project
I have my Sophia Project Managment course on my regular ACE transcript, but they will not approve it under the ACP portion (they denied it this morning). I sent them an email asking why, and sent them my unofficial transcript from them, haven't heard back yet.

I went ahead and deleted the denied course off my "My Courses" page, and then re-requested it. Got denied again. I will try again in a few days if I don't hear anything from them, but I'm hoping they'll respond to my email soon.

Anyone else had this problem with ACP?
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
The same thing happened to my Project Management request. After clicking on each I noticed they had different course numbers and accreditation dates...the ACP one was also recommended for LL where the Sophia one was UL. Not sure why they are different
TESU BSBA in General Management
CCAF AAS in Computer Science Technology

Resources used:  CLEP, DSST,
Penn Foster, Sophia, StraighterLine, TEEX, NFA, ALEKS, The Institutes
Sophia contacted me, they said they did not deny the course, so now it's over to ACE to try to get this resolved. I don't care much, I am just trying to see what's going on so if I take another one of these courses, I can get it right the first time. Plus I have a feeling others on this forum may have similar issues.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:Sophia contacted me, they said they did not deny the course, so now it's over to ACE to try to get this resolved. I don't care much, I am just trying to see what's going on so if I take another one of these courses, I can get it right the first time. Plus I have a feeling others on this forum may have similar issues.

I feel like these are growing pains for ACP but still very annoying. I had a meeting with the director who told me they were currently creating a feature that automatically co-registers anyone for ACPE when applicable- so it doesn't have to be a 2 step process. I think when we ask for this manually, it might help motivate them to get this process in place sooner rather than later Smile
I had to be very persistent to get my (already approved as SL) courses added as ACPE. Multiple times contacting both SL and ACP. I agree with Jennifer --

cookderosa Wrote:I think when we ask for this manually, it might help motivate them to get this process in place sooner rather than later Smile
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Happened to me with my daughter's Sophia Eng Comp I course. Sophia accepted it but ACP denied it. I re-requested it but havent heard back.
CLEP's and DSST's passed: Fund. of Counseling, Tech Writing, Here's to your Health, Intro to Computers, Analyzing and Interpreting Lit, Human Growth and Devel, Intro to Soc., Crim Just, Law Enforcement, Env. and Humanity, Astronomy.
Completed 2 PLA's through LearningCounts.org.
Completed Capstone at TESC.
I'm still having this issue 6 months later. Anyone else?
CLEP's and DSST's passed: Fund. of Counseling, Tech Writing, Here's to your Health, Intro to Computers, Analyzing and Interpreting Lit, Human Growth and Devel, Intro to Soc., Crim Just, Law Enforcement, Env. and Humanity, Astronomy.
A year later, and I just received an email that ACP accepted it. I have had no contact with them in the meantime.
FallingWaters Wrote:A year later, and I just received an email that ACP accepted it. I have had no contact with them in the meantime.

Ok, now that's almost funny!! Seriously, a year?!
I had the same problem. I requested Sophia's Project Management from ACP on April 2 and it was finally approved this morning. Maybe your emails helped mine get approved :coolgleam:

** Just noticed the date of the first post. Haha... oops. Maybe the are getting on the ball today.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,500 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  Diné College: $55 Credit Hour, $660 Full Time (12+ credits) Ares 19 1,927 02-23-2024, 11:14 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Verified College Credit Transfers TINASAM 0 230 02-19-2024, 04:16 PM
Last Post: TINASAM
  Tohono O’odham Community College: $34.25 Credit Hour! Ares 3 729 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Alternative to Metropolia fcfcfc 6 689 02-05-2024, 05:04 PM
Last Post: Tomas
Question Extension Schools for Credit Transfer Tobutz 4 694 12-13-2023, 03:21 PM
Last Post: ReyMysterioso
  Upper-level credit via XAMK, Metropolia or U of Helsinki jg_nuy 0 481 12-09-2023, 04:19 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,418 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Looking for cheap Dual Enrollment credit for homeschooled sister muu9 4 528 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  SOPHIA----Opinions on courses??? midnite123 19 1,685 11-01-2023, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Duneranger