Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shmoop-UPDATE
Ive been in contact with the Chief Content Officer at Shmoop, Deb Tennen. My service is now restored. They are switching over to Amazon web services and that was the reason for the rollback of the fix they implemented this morning. Going forward, it should be fixed.

While I had her attention, I inquired about more ACE recommended courses, specifically in Literature. According to her, they currently have 12 Literature courses being reviewed for ACE recommendation. She said they should be on the National Guide in about a month. I'm really anxious to see their offerings. I'm really enjoying the format of Shmoop, so any classes I can take through them, I will.
B&M
Introduction To Computer Information Systems
French I

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
PreCalculus

SOPHIA
Art History 1
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Foundations Of English Composition
Conflict Resolution
College Readiness

I'm waiting on those literature courses as I would like to get some cheap "electives" if I ever wanted to go for the BA...
Thanks for this little update, it's a waiting game for me... but I lucked out and am taking Finite Math and Geometry for $25/month.
I renewed the day they bumped the pricing scheme and grandfathered the access, it took me 3 days to "wait for access" though.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Yes, I'm grandfathered into the $25 plan for the 2 classes i started, Us History 1877-Present and Modern European History. Technically I havent started the euro history, i just Viewed the intro page. But it registered that I went there, so Id on my list of accessible ACE classes. So yay for that.

I'm wondering if their Literature classes will transfer into anything useful for me rather than just Electives. I haven't taken any Lit classes yet.
B&M
Introduction To Computer Information Systems
French I

ALEKS
Intermediate Algebra
College Algebra
PreCalculus

SOPHIA
Art History 1
Environmental Science
Human Biology
Foundations Of English Composition
Conflict Resolution
College Readiness

CGaboury Wrote:Yes, I'm grandfathered into the $25 plan for the 2 classes i started, Us History 1877-Present and Modern European History. Technically I havent started the euro history, i just Viewed the intro page. But it registered that I went there, so Id on my list of accessible ACE classes. So yay for that.

I'm wondering if their Literature classes will transfer into anything useful for me rather than just Electives. I haven't taken any Lit classes yet.

Lit courses will fit into many areas: Gen Ed Electives is one place, but also Knowledge of Human Cultures, and possibly Info Lit, depending on what course you try to fit into there.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  MyWay Transfer Update: Non-degree awarding course provider bjcheung77 10 1,736 11-15-2023, 12:30 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  GetEducated.com Major Update (business degrees) freeloader 1 717 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Vle045
  MSI Update - No longer IASSC... bjcheung77 12 2,704 03-29-2021, 04:39 PM
Last Post: monchevy
  Credit sources update rachel83az 12 3,824 02-11-2021, 03:32 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Advice? Update? Jwheels27 13 2,431 02-11-2019, 10:40 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Onlinedegree.com x TESU update turborelaxation 8 2,055 11-30-2018, 06:39 PM
Last Post: Merlin
  Wiki page to update Ideas 0 1,183 03-31-2018, 08:48 AM
Last Post: Ideas
  Update and asking for advice Crawdad1075 1 1,100 05-13-2017, 12:20 PM