Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second TESU Major help (history or pysch. )
Hi guys!

Still working on my marketing BSBA. (All courses I have done or am working on are in my sign. ).

If I wanted to double major with the 2nd major being either history or psychology, what additional courses would I have to do?
(I'm passionate about both these subjects as well, which is why I ask Smile )

Edit:

Here is a link to my degree plan for BSBA marketing to make it easier- https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...sp=sharing
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TECEP: 15 CR
ALEKS: Intermediate Algebra l College Algebra l Statistics l
The Institutes: Ethics
Saylor: Principles of Marketing
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
CSU CBE: Market Research l
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Community College B&M Courses (2013-2015) 64 CR General Ed. and Business
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
You can't double major at TESU in both a BA or BS. If you wanted a BA there after your BSBA you'd have to complete an additional 24 credits after graduation. I suggest doing a simultaneous degree at COSC where you can accomplish the same goal by graduating with two degrees at the same time.
MA in progress
Certificate in the Study of Capitalism - University of Arkansas
BS, Business  Administration - Ashworth College
Certificates in Accounting & Finance 
BA, Regents Bachelor of Arts - West Virginia University
AAS & AGS
videogamesrock Wrote:You can't double major at TESU in both a BA or BS.

One of the specific examples TESU gives on their site is two areas under a BA:

http://www.tesu.edu/campusuite25/modules...t_month=06 Wrote:Two Areas of Study Within One Degree
Similar to declaring a double major, you are able to pursue a second area of study within your degree program. For example, you can complete a Bachelor of Arts in History and a Bachelor of Arts in English – you would only need to complete the Area of Study requirements as outlined in the program’s credit distribution guide – because your general education requirements would remain the same (as opposed to pursuing a second degree, where you would need to fulfill another set of general education requirements).
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
So, for BSBA, I can do marketing and accounting (with only additional 18 Credits) or am I wrong?

And for another degree, I would have to do 24 additional credits overall or Gen ed (24 Cred) and then (18 Cred) AOS ?
Started Sept. 2016 -Thomas Edison State Univeristy - BSBA - Marketing 120/120 DONE
ACE/ALT 41 CR
Straighterline: American Government l Intro to Religion l Principles of Management l English Comp II l
Study.com : Business 308 l History 108 l Principles of Finance l Digital Marketing
TECEP: Strategic Management l  Public relations l Advertising l Sales Mgmt l Marketing Comm
Short-term Objective: TESU BSBA in Marketing by Sept. 2017 (DONE!) Graduating in June
Long-term Objective: Career in marketing then eventually MBA or MSC in Marketing later on  
If I'm not mistaken, you couldn't do that as those are concentrations within an Area of Study (Business Admin), not separate areas of study.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Okay - so the best way would be to get a separate bachelors from COSC? Any idea how much that would cost? (graduation fees etc)

And if I did want to do an additional from TESU, how many extra credits are we actually talking about?
ACE/ALT 41 CR
I believe for the BSBA you can choose two AOS as long as you don't pick general management, not sure how many additional credits you would need.
For the second bachelors the 24 new credits would have to be in the AOS and must be earned after the first degree is conferred (graduation date). If you double major while doing a second bachelors then you would need 24 new credits in each area of study with up to 9 credits overlapping. For example you could do a second bachelor degree in history and psychology if you wanted. For the BA degrees each area of study is a minimum of 30 credits plus the 3 credit capstone course that must be taken at TESU. Some BA degrees require additional credits in the area of study and some have specific requirements. For the BA Pysh you would need at least 24 new credits in the area of study but the AOS for psychology requires 39 credits (some of the extra credits needed can be used from the previous bachelors degree). For the BA in history you would need at least 24 new credits in the AOS but the history AOS requires 33 credits (some of the extra credits needed can be used from the previous bachelors degree)
When completing any bachelors you can also graduate with any associates degree at the same time.
TESU also offers undergrad certificate options as well.
TESC AAS CJ, December 2015
Working on TESU BA CJ/PSY March 2018

TECEP: Marriage and Family, Abnormal Psy, Intro to Soc, Psy of Women, Public Relations, Computer Concepts and Applications, Liberal Arts Math
ECE: Cultural Diversity, Juvenile Delinquency, Workplace Communications, Business Information Systems
DSST: Criminal Justice, Principles of Supervision, Substance Abuse
PF: Principles of Loss Prevention, White Collar Crime, Criminal Law
Propero: Victimology, Criminology, Intro to Homeland Security, Juvenile Justice, Criminal Justice Ethics
The Institutes: Ethics Course
AP: American History
FHSU: Justice in the Information Age
NOCTI Business Solutions: Protective Services, Security and Protective Services
Schmoop: Drugs in Lit
swalke321 Wrote:I believe for the BSBA you can choose two AOS as long as you don't pick general management

Yeah, I guess this is what i was actually thinking about. That makes sense to me.

Georgia Tech

BA Psychology, 2016

BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

swalke321 Wrote:I believe for the BSBA you can choose two AOS as long as you don't pick general management, not sure how many additional credits you would need.
For the second bachelors the 24 new credits would have to be in the AOS and must be earned after the first degree is conferred (graduation date). If you double major while doing a second bachelors then you would need 24 new credits in each area of study with up to 9 credits overlapping. For example you could do a second bachelor degree in history and psychology if you wanted. For the BA degrees each area of study is a minimum of 30 credits plus the 3 credit capstone course that must be taken at TESU. Some BA degrees require additional credits in the area of study and some have specific requirements.
When completing any bachelors you can also graduate with any associates degree at the same time.
TESU also offers undergrad certificate options as well.

Thanks that helps clarify things Smile
Once I am that far, I will double-check with TESU regarding pursuit of a 2nd Bachelors.
ACE/ALT 41 CR
TESUAbroad Wrote:Thanks that helps clarify things Smile
Once I am that far, I will double-check with TESU regarding pursuit of a 2nd Bachelors.
You need to understand that double majors (like your marketing and accounting example) are pursued at the same time. A second bachelor's is a different thing where the first one must be finished before any part of the second is begun. I'm not sure getting one at the same time from COSC is doable, I think you would run into issues.

The following article explains both options at TESU.

The Secret to Earning a Second Degree | Thomas Edison State University
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,015 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,680 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,151 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,685 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,749 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,368 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,616 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,341 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,400 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,876 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore