Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saylor Intro to Statistics
Question 
Has anyone here taken the final for Saylor's Introduction to Statistics?  What is the format like?  Multiple choice, or something else?
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

Liberty U: 36 cred finished

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
Amer. Coll. of Healthcare Sciences: 52 cred (+14 non-transferable)
Study.com: Pers Fin, Amer Gov
Shmoop: Bible as Lit, Lit in Media
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

TECEP: Intro to Critical Reasoning (didn't transfer)
ALEKS: Intro Stats
following! I'm curious too.
Following, cause I'd like to know too!
It looks like I might have to be the guinea pig. ;Wink This is one I really want to do, though, for the sake of my own interests, so it's definitely on my list.  I'll try to remember to update once I've finished it.
-Rachel

BS in Interdiscipl. Studies (Health Sci. + Beh. Sci. [Coaching] + Business) at Liberty U

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred
SL: Bus. Ethics, IT Fundamentals, Intro to Religion, Intro to Comm, Intro to Sociology, Surv of World History, Engl Comp I&II

[-] The following 1 user Likes a2jc4life's post:
  • cookderosa
Isn't Saylor's Intro to Statistics the same as StraighterLine's old Intro to Stats (before they switched to Acrobatiq)? Cuz when I did my first try at Stats through SL, all the coursework was through Saylor and then you took the exams through SL. That's why that class only cost the 25 dollars needed to cover the proctoring fee.

If it's still the same thing (and I think it is), I wasn't too impressed; I mean, I failed with a 63%. But I'm also math challenged so maybe it was me, lol.
My journey to TESU BSBA-GM
The Institutes (2cr): Business Ethics
Liberty University (27cr): INFT, International Business, Apologetics, Microeconomics, Biology, Non-Profit Management, Financial Acct., Computer Apps, Managerial Acct.
Liberty University MOOC (3cr): US Hist
Study.com (39cr): American Government, Environmental Science, Sociology, Psychology, Labor Relations, Marketing with Electronic Media, Principles of Finance, Business Communications, HR Management, Civil War/Reconstruction, History of Vietnam War, Personal Finance, Introduction to Marketing
Straighterline (39cr): Western Civ II, Financial Accounting, Cultural Anthropology, AmHist I, AmHist II, Intro to Religion, Business Statistics, Principles of Management, English II, Business Law, Intro to Comm, Org. Behavior, Macroeconomics
ALEKS (3cr): College Algebra
TEEX (2cr): Cyber Security for Business Professionals
TESU (3cr): Strategic Management TECEP
UExcel (3cr): English 101
[-] The following 2 users Like Gymfan15's post:
  • a2jc4life, cookderosa
(09-21-2017, 05:45 PM)Gymfan15 Wrote: Isn't Saylor's Intro to Statistics the same as StraighterLine's old Intro to Stats (before they switched to Acrobatiq)? Cuz when I did my first try at Stats through SL, all the coursework was through Saylor and then you took the exams through SL. That's why that class only cost the 25 dollars needed to cover the proctoring fee.

If it's still the same thing (and I think it is), I wasn't too impressed; I mean, I failed with a 63%. But I'm also math challenged so maybe it was me, lol.

I think you're right- SL was using the Saylor course for stats- probably still the same one.
I've heard that you want to take the Business Stats course, rather than the Intro to Stats course.  Better setup, open book final (if I remember correctly).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
If it's the same course SL was using, the final would probably still be different, right? (I mean, SL probably had their own final, which may or may not be the same as Saylor's?)

I might have to go look at them again, because it's been a while since I compared the details of the statistics options, but I'm thinking I picked the one I did because of which math background it did/didn't require, combined with what it focuses on. I don't have a strong math background (pretty much by choice), but being in the Alternative Health field I want to be able to better understand the data presented in health studies. I'm not sure that makes Business Statistics the best fit, even if it's a little easier to take.
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

(09-21-2017, 04:36 PM)a2jc4life Wrote: It looks like I might have to be the guinea pig. ;Wink This is one I really want to do, though, for the sake of my own interests, so it's definitely on my list.  I'll try to remember to update once I've finished it.

Just popping back in to see if you did indeed decide to be our guinea pig??? My son's intended transfer school accepts Saylor's stats course to fill a pre-requisite. I'm waiting for a lull in his current course load before adding this on to his plate so I'm curious to know what he's in for.
Yes, and no. It's on my list, but I'm trying to knock out my easier courses first, because I expect to have to actually study for this one. Wink
-Rachel

LU ICE exam:
4 cred
Christopher Newport U:
2 cred

[-] The following 2 users Like a2jc4life's post:
  • magflo, mc.christi

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Saylor business classes jb111 4 415 03-14-2024, 08:00 PM
Last Post: Chimera
  Study.com Statistics? rowan555 16 3,906 02-03-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: oh.golly.molly
  Send Saylor credit to credly vetvso 4 1,561 09-09-2023, 01:40 PM
Last Post: Avidreader
  Saylor BIO101 Notes Request axelblaze77 5 572 08-24-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Degrees available with Saylor Academy and OnlineDegree cvalor 21 3,384 07-03-2023, 02:24 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Saylor Vent Lima845 4 884 06-21-2023, 10:56 AM
Last Post: davewill
  Saylor Academy is very slow Leo Wu 2 1,182 06-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Sophia - Intro to Chemistry Lab now Available! ashkir 1 630 04-03-2023, 07:59 PM
  SL Business Statistics - is the final open-book? AW84 5 622 02-21-2023, 12:49 PM
  Sophia Intro to Chemistry Lab course difficulty level EducationSeeker 6 1,252 01-09-2023, 11:33 PM
Last Post: EducationSeeker