Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC - ACE written on transcript instead of NCCRS
It shows this on my latest academic evaluation from TESU, after sending them a study.com transript last month:

12/12/18 No credit was awarded for your Organizational Communication course completed through Study.com. Our records indicate that this course was reviewed for credit by NCCRS. Your transcript indicates ACE. Please have a corrected transcript submitted. 

I'm confused, is this course not reviewed through ACE as well? It's sitting in my ACE transcript bank:
Business 313: Organizational Communication 
Study.com, LLC
SDCM-0145
Course
11/22/2018

Is this just TESU not knowing what they are talking about per usual? 
TESU BALS: Awarded June 2019
Credits:
TESU: LIB Capstone 3cr, Cornerstone 1cr 
Aleks: 3cr, Insurance Institute: 2cr NFA: 1cr 
Sophia: 2cr Straighterline: 48cr TEEX: 6cr 
Study.com: 18cr B&M: 77cr
Did you send the transcript directly from SdC? The last we heard is that TESU doesn't even accept ACE transcripts from SdC because of some weird partnership agreement, they want everything directly.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
(12-12-2018, 11:34 AM)jsd Wrote: Did you send the transcript directly from SdC? The last we heard is that TESU doesn't even accept ACE transcripts from SdC because of some weird partnership agreement, they want everything directly.

yup, sent from sdc
Credits:
Sounds like another case of TESU not knowing what they're doing.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
I'd probably let TESU know that it is BOTH ACE and NCCRS approved, and that either should suffice.

You should also contact Study.com and tell them this happened. Maybe they can note on their end that they should send a NCCRS approval for this particular course going forward (to make an end-run around TESU's misinformation).
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I created a help desk call in myedison, I have found that works the quickest. I called and was already passed around to multiple people.

I don't know why Study.com even indicates on the transcript whether it's ACE or NCCCRS.
Isn't that up to TESU to determine themselves anyways?

So many of these courses are evaluated by both organizations...
Credits:
(12-12-2018, 12:00 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: I created a help desk call in myedison, I have found that works the quickest. I called and was already passed around to multiple people.

I don't know why Study.com even indicates on the transcript whether it's ACE or NCCCRS.

No, TESU doesn't/shouldn't have to figure out who evaluated a course.  Normally, you'd send a transcript from ACE, or a NCCRS transcript directly from the course provider if it was NCCRS.  But with TESU/Study.com's weird partnership where TESU won't take the ACE transcript any longer, I think they are more confused than ever.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-13-2018, 01:02 AM)dfrecore Wrote:
(12-12-2018, 12:00 PM)zzzz24 Wrote: I created a help desk call in myedison, I have found that works the quickest. I called and was already passed around to multiple people.

No, TESU doesn't/shouldn't have to figure out who evaluated a course.  Normally, you'd send a transcript from ACE, or a NCCRS transcript directly from the course provider if it was NCCRS.  But with TESU/Study.com's weird partnership where TESU won't take the ACE transcript any longer, I think they are more confused than ever.

It's not my job to police my accredited alternative education provider to make sure they list something like an org beside the course name on the transcript they send to TESU (who they also happen to have an agreement with already).  

All of this should already be sorted out between the two of them. Re-sending a transcript that's already completely valid makes no sense.
Credits:
(12-13-2018, 10:00 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: It's not my job to police my accredited alternative education provider to make sure they list something like an org beside the course name on the transcript they send to TESU (who they also happen to have an agreement with already).  

All of this should already be sorted out between the two of them. Re-sending a transcript that's already completely valid makes no sense.

True enough, it should have. Obviously, just resending it would do no good anyway. Unfortunately, you ARE stuck being the go between between TESU and SDC, at least until they admit there's an issue they need to iron out between them, or TESU admits the course is fine as it is on the transcript. I'd recontact them both, telling SDC that TESU rejected the course, and telling TESU that the course is ACE recommended. Hopefully, that will get things fixed. If it doesn't, then you'll have to escalate at both until it is.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(12-13-2018, 11:55 AM)davewill Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 10:00 AM)zzzz24 Wrote: It's not my job to police my accredited alternative education provider to make sure they list something like an org beside the course name on the transcript they send to TESU (who they also happen to have an agreement with already).  

True enough, it should have. Obviously, just resending it would do no good anyway. Unfortunately, you ARE stuck being the go between between TESU and SDC, at least until they admit there's an issue they need to iron out between them, or TESU admits the course is fine as it is on the transcript. I'd recontact them both, telling SDC that TESU rejected the course, and telling TESU that the course is ACE recommended. Hopefully, that will get things fixed. If it doesn't, then you'll have to escalate at both until it is.

I am waiting TESU's reply, but SDC is going to re-send it with NCCRS listed. I have another course to send once the final grade posts, so I will just wait until then.
Credits:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to get ACE credits such as Sophia on official college transcript Student3452 18 4,861 03-08-2024, 01:34 AM
Last Post: Gumbeaux
  SeeMore courses other than CSM (or: has anyone transferred a non-ACE/NCCRS course?) vaticidalprophet 5 307 01-24-2024, 01:58 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Study.com transcript - do you need an active subscription? Kones 12 1,015 10-17-2023, 11:10 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Getting graduate credits on a transcript sanantone 0 507 08-30-2022, 01:09 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  Saylor grading and transcript timeframe Ideas 5 1,046 08-21-2022, 05:06 PM
Last Post: MidLifeCrisis
  Second study.com account for sending transcript lylx1981 2 810 11-26-2021, 06:58 PM
Last Post: lylx1981
  Transcript problem gams007 15 2,243 08-27-2021, 02:30 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Fastest, Cheapest Way to Get Credits on Transcript sanantone 12 2,056 08-10-2021, 05:27 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Transcript from Study to Credly carebear_007 5 1,335 05-02-2021, 10:04 AM
Last Post: carebear_007
  Acclaim - Transcript creationstory 4 1,066 03-09-2021, 11:29 AM
Last Post: Old Guy