Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SDC 307: Software Engineering | ACE -Course contains overlapping versions in our DB
When I tried to add SDC Computer Science 307: Software Engineering, I am getting an error "Course contains overlapping versions in our database. Please contact us to have this issue resolved."

How to resolve this?
------------------

Hmm... I am working on that course right now, how long did it take you for the assignment?
Email them and inform them there are conflicts with the course transfer conflicts.
They'll manually add it to your account. Email them the issue, it's easiest method...

Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:45 a.m.-4:45 p.m. EST
Toll Free: 1-866-205-6267
Email: CREDIT@acenet.edu
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • akr680
(07-10-2019, 12:19 PM)akr680 Wrote: When I tried to add SDC Computer Science 307: Software Engineering,

Does anyone know if this class would transfer as equivalent to Software Engineering at COSC?  The transfer chart on SDC shows it as an IT elective.
TIA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Homeschool College Guidance Counselor Mom to twin 18 yo boys

CsmLearn
Study: US History, Pres Skills, Enviro Sci, Ethics America, Intro CJ, Meteorology, Forensic Sci, Criminology
Sophia: Psych, Visual Comms, Sociology, Eff Teams, Mng Conflict,  Anc Greek, Art History 1, Intro to IT,
Intro to Bus, Engl Comp 1&2, Religion, Conflict Reso, College Algebra, US History 2
TEEX: Death Invest
Coopersmith: Stress Mgmt, Therapeutic, Drugs & Society, Sport & Exercise, Psych of Motivation, Pos Psych, Career Coun
Community College: Comp Info Syst, A+ Hardware, A+ Op Syst, Linux Op Syst, Networks, Switching & Routing, Networking, IT Security
Computer Certs: Comp Tia A+

Planning for (2) Bachelors: BSLS 

(07-10-2019, 12:49 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm... I am working on that course right now, how long did it take you for the assignment?
Email them and inform them there are conflicts with the course transfer conflicts.  
They'll manually add it to your account.  Email them the issue, it's easiest method...

I emailed them and waiting for the response. I will update the results.

(07-10-2019, 12:49 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm... I am working on that course right now, how long did it take you for the assignment?
They'll manually add it to your account.  Email them the issue, it's easiest method...

It took me 5 days to complete the assignment and got 83
------------------

I'm not sure what the deal is with that message, but if you're transferring it to TESU, they take the transcripts directly from Study.com and not ACE so it really doesn't matter.

Obviously you still want to add it to ACE too but it won't interfere with your TESU degree
Study.com - 177 CR. TESU - 39 CR. Middle Georgia State University - 15 CR. Sonoran Desert Institute - 42 CR. COSC - 6 CR. Excelsior - 6 CR. CLEP - 6 CR. Sophia - 14 CR. TEEX - 2 CR. Shmoop - 18 CR. NFA - 4 CR. The Institutes - 2 CR. FEMA - 20ish

BA in History/English from TESU. 
BA in Communications from TESU. AS in Firearms Technology from SDI.

[-] The following 1 user Likes jsh1138's post:
  • akr680
I was curious about this course and how it'll transfer into BACS. I'm looking at Study.com's TESU transfer tab and it has it coming in as CIS-251 - Software Engineering. Not sure if that's a typo? It's CIS-351 - Software Engineering that's being offered at TESU. Anyone using this as one of the UL AOS electives? Thanks again!
(07-10-2019, 06:25 PM)kphung29 Wrote: I was curious about this course and how it'll transfer into BACS. I'm looking at Study.com's TESU transfer tab and it has it coming in as CIS-251 - Software Engineering. Not sure if that's a typo? It's CIS-351 - Software Engineering that's being offered at TESU. Anyone using this as one of the UL AOS electives? Thanks again!

I've seen a post about it being downgraded a couple weeks or so back.
Georgia Institute of Technology: MS in Analytics (3/32 Credits)
Boston University: MS in Software Development
Thomas Edison State University: BA in Liberal Studies
There's definitely a problem in ACE - it originally came in as LL, and was upgraded to UL recently. They show both courses in the ACE database. So, I will let Study.com know that there's a problem with it.

Once it's fixed, you'll be able to add it. You'll just need to choose the correct date range.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
Oh, I did not know it was LL before.. I checked on ACE's website and it was recommended as UL. Hopefully, it'll be placed in CIS-351 with the new recommendation.
Yup, this course was LL when it gained ACE recommendation for credit. I guess the recent update it was upgraded to Upper Level.
Sadly, they should try to update their other courses as well, such as the Comp Sci 305 Operating Systems to an Upper Level recommendation...

There are some other courses that duplicate, if possible, they can try to get the equivalency changed. For example, their HIS-100 and HIS-101 is the same HIS-101 Western Civilizations I equivalency. If they make it say, HIS-100 Intro to Western Civilizations and give 3 credits for that, it would be an awesome "gen ed" that uses all the overlap from HIS-101 and HIS-102, pretty much do the final exam and get the credit right away.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SAYLOR CS302: Software Engineering - TESU transfer onlinelearner99 8 2,515 01-24-2022, 08:48 PM
Last Post: Ideas
  CS302: Software Engineering SAYlOR- enddate onlinelearner99 8 1,360 05-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Last Post: onlinelearner99
  Study.com webcam/proctoring software question AwardTour 16 4,861 09-28-2019, 03:38 AM
Last Post: jsh1138
  Saylor Software Engineering armstrongsubero 2 1,795 12-22-2018, 03:04 PM
Last Post: Ideas