Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ready to get a BSBA in Operations Management by testing out !
Hi, forum

I've been looking at this site for about two years now and decided to take actions. I'm still very skeptical if you can get an actually job with a distance learning degree. I have never been to college and I'm very new to the process, I also wouldn't have the time to attend a traditional college due to my current work schedule. I'm making this post to obtain more information about TESC, and how do I test out most of the classes for an Operations Management degree. What are my first steps to take? Do I start studying for Cleps and DSST test and pile up credits or do I enroll first? From reading the forums I see the college have made some changes recently. Here is a link to the degree plan I will be following Sanantone's TESU BSBA in General Management After July 1, 2015 | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia . I would appreciate some insight before I go at this blindly. Thanks for reading.
xdrelx Wrote:Hi, forum

I've been looking at this site for about two years now and decided to take actions. I'm still very skeptical if you can get an actually job with a distance learning degree. I have never been to college and I'm very new to the process, I also wouldn't have the time to attend a traditional college due to my current work schedule. I'm making this post to obtain more information about TESC, and how do I test out most of the classes for an Operations Management degree. What are my first steps to take? Do I start studying for Cleps and DSST test and pile up credits or do I enroll first? From reading the forums I see the college have made some changes recently. Here is a link to the degree plan I will be following Sanantone's TESU BSBA in General Management After July 1, 2015 | Degree Forum Wiki | Fandom powered by Wikia . I would appreciate some insight before I go at this blindly. Thanks for reading.

Everyone will tell you that your very first thing to do is decide on which degree you want and plan it out. ** Or Start on your 60 general education credits and decide on your degree later**.
Best thing you can do to start earning a degree is to actually start. Math Credits from ALEKS are currently really important to get because they are very cheap and rather quick to get. The lose ACE recommendation on 12/31/16 then the 12credits of math for $20 is gone.
I would say start hammering out credits, decide on a degree path and then we can help a lot more. This forum is flooded with Easiest, Quickest, or cheapest routes to degrees. You will be amazed at how quickly you can start earning credits and it feels great.

To answer another one of your questions, I began earning credits through actual college work and through ACE. All of my credit sources are excepted from New York State Civil Service, you will have no problems getting a job because of this type of degree. TESU is regionally accredited. That's what employers want, they wont go picking apart your credits one by one.
Thomas Edison State University - BSBA: Accounting - September 2017

B&M: Stats, Business Law I, Microeconomics, Business Comm, Computer Concepts and Apps, Financial Accounting, Intermediate Accounting II, Managerial Accounting, Not-for-Profit Accounting
CLEP: Sociology, Psychology, Marketing, College Comp Modular, Human Growth and Development
Institutes: Ethics 312
Aleks: Intermediate Algebra, College Algebra, PreCalculus
Shmoop: U.S. History I, U.S. History II, Modern European History
Study.com: Principles of Finance, Advanced Accounting I, Applied Managerial Accounting, American Government, Macroeconomics, Principles of Management, Globalization and International Management, English Composition II, Intro to Computing, Public Speaking, Info Systems and Comp Apps
SL: Intermediate Accounting I, Introduction to Religon, Cost Accounting, Western Civilization I/II
TECEP: Strategic Management, Federal Income Tax
The best thing to do is start researching. This will save you a lot of time and money in the long run. Start reading this forum daily, maybe an hour or so, and each time you click on a discussion, start at the beginning and read all the way through. You will be surprised at how much there is to learn, but how much you can start to figure out in a month or two.

You should also look at this (keeping in mind that some of the things are already outdated, just the nature of the beast): http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...llege.html

Take a look at the TESU BSBA Ops Managmenet degree: BSBA in Operations Management Degree Program

And I'm attaching my spreadsheet as well. It breaks it down a little more clearly, and includes the different options for the courses you need, where you can get them, and how much (on average) it will cost.

Attached Files
.xlsx   Less than 1 minute ago">TESU 2016 BSBA OPS MAN.xlsx (Size: 46.98 KB / Downloads: 6)
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,751 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
Thumbs Up TESU BSBA spreadsheet - request for feedback mykal335i 4 2,013 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM
Last Post: mykal335i
  TESU - BSBA HR spreadsheet? UL AOS credit suggestions allvia 7 2,637 08-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Jimmy999
  TESU BSBA GM Completion Timeline dexter1326 9 2,276 08-07-2018, 09:23 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help planning a TESU BSBA degree plan kietro 11 4,938 08-03-2018, 12:39 PM
Last Post: kietro
  BSBA Gen Management TESU or Accounting Help LoanGunman 2 1,484 08-03-2018, 09:32 AM
Last Post: LoanGunman
  Intro + Degree advice, looking at TESU for multiple degrees, BSBA + BSAST coloradocale 14 4,114 08-02-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: coloradocale
  TESU - BSBA Easiest Path to Obtain for BS degree? acamp 9 2,500 07-27-2018, 10:48 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  COSC BSBA (General Business) -- Check please??? stampbuyme 5 1,795 07-26-2018, 03:20 PM
Last Post: topdog98
  TESU BSBA Degree Plan --- less time & money Bach2Mast 8 3,220 07-12-2018, 01:46 PM
Last Post: Bach2Mast