Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question about TESU evaluation / transcript
Hey guys, I have signed up with TESU in 2018 and sent them all of my traditional college credits for evaluation. They were evaluated and added on my transcript but I haven’t take any action since.. I started doing ACE credit 3 months ago and already hit 30 credits. Here’s my question - do I need to be “active” student again for them to evaluate my newly earned credits? Or will they evaluate them regardless? Any response is appreciated. Thanks
They say you have to enroll and take a course before you can transfer additional credits, but I'm not sure how much it's enforced.
OnlineDegree
Intro to Marketing and Strategy ($9) | Intro to Microeconomics ($9)

Study
Intro to Managerial Accounting ($70) | Advanced Accounting ($70) | Managerial Accounting ($80) | Intermediate Accounting 2 ($90) | Intermediate Accounting I ($90) | Cybersecurity Policies & Management ($80) | Management Information Systems ($80) | Data Structures & Algorithms ($80) | Intro to Programming ($70) | Computer Architecture ($70) | Calculus ($80) Database Management ($80)
Systems Analysis & Design ($70) | Discrete Math ($80) | Intro to Operation Systems ($80)

Saylor.org
Intro to Computer Science I ($25)
I think you may have to be active for them to continue to add to your eval.
Amberton University, MS Human Relations & Business
Started June 2022

TESU BALS completed March 2020
Study.com (24) StraighterLine (33) Sophia (10) SHU and GCU (26) TEEX (6) Coopersmith (12) CSMLearn (3) TESU (6)
(01-10-2020, 08:00 AM)suzycupcake Wrote: I think you may have to be active for them to continue to add to your eval.

Yep.  You only get two evals before you have to be enrolled for more.
TESU September 2020 Graduate
Bachelor of Arts  in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Social Sciences

Sophia (3); Institutes (3); TEEX (21); CSM (3); CLEP (12); SL (45); InstantCert (6)Study (21) TESU (6)
Thanks for replies guys. Do I have to be enrolled in one of their classes or just pay some fee to become active again?
Basically, I would email them to see if you are still active in their system as you mentioned you applied in 2018, it's already 2020. When you apply, your account is only active for one year. After that year has lapsed, you will need to re-apply, so you most likely have lost your 2018 catalog year.

It won't really matter at this point what you do, but this is how I would slice it or row the dice... First, you need to decide if TESU is still the institution of choice as their costs have gone up. Then decide the degree program you want. Lastly, work on the courses remaining. You just need to remember, if you go with the Big 3, there are two courses you need to take with them - for WGU, it's different as they are competency based.

TLDR; Decide on the school/degree program and work on your courses. My guess is that you're pretty sure you would like to continue with TESU, if that's the case, email them to see if you can keep your 2018 catalog by paying an extension fee of $75. If not, then you can re-apply by paying $50.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-10-2020, 01:30 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Basically, I would email them to see if you are still active in their system as you mentioned you applied in 2018, it's already 2020.  When you apply, your account is only active for one year.  After that year has lapsed, you will need to re-apply, so you most likely have lost your 2018 catalog year.  

It won't really matter at this point what you do, but this is how I would slice it or row the dice... First, you need to decide if TESU is still the institution of choice as their costs have gone up.  Then decide the degree program you want.  Lastly, work on the courses remaining.  You just need to remember, if you go with the Big 3, there are two courses you need to take with them - for WGU, it's different as they are competency based.

TLDR; Decide on the school/degree program and work on your courses.  My guess is that you're pretty sure you would like to continue with TESU, if that's the case, email them to see if you can keep your 2018 catalog by paying an extension fee of $75.  If not, then you can re-apply by paying $50.

Wow thanks for detailed information, much appreciated. Which two courses do I need to take if I stick with TESU? I thought that I only had to take capstone with them.
TroopsterX Wrote:Wow thanks for detailed information, much appreciated. Which two courses do I need to take if I stick with TESU? I thought that I only had to take capstone with them.

All of the Big 3 (COSC, EC, TESU) require two courses, Cornerstone and the Capstone. To elaborate, the TESU extension fee of $75 is for enrolled students, so if you took a TECEP or the TES-100 cornerstone, or enrolled with them before, you can get the extension for the catalog year. If you have never taken anything from them, it's a re-apply at $50.

The cornerstone at the Big 3 are very simple courses, unfortunately, they are now required courses. I really think it's just a money grab opportunity for the schools, there are no ways around it though... you may want to check out WGU as well. Which degree/program are you planning to complete at TESU?

At this point in time, I highly suggest taking alternative courses that will "hit and meet" all the requirements for the Big3/WGU and apply to them afterwards, get like 90 credits or so before applying to COSC/EC/WGU... TESU is different, you usually want to apply and keep the catalog as they are the only one that makes several changes each year.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(01-10-2020, 01:57 PM)TroopsterX Wrote: Wow thanks for detailed information, much appreciated. Which two courses do I need to take if I stick with TESU? I thought that I only had to take capstone with them.

You now have to take the 3cr cornerstone as well for a total of 6 credits. They also eliminated the Study.com discount of the residency waiver. All in all, the minimum cost of TESU has risen about $2000 over the last 2-3 years. Some people doing BSBA or Liberal Studies have been choosing COSC because of this. For other degrees, or if your credits fit better there, TESU is still a good choice
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
(01-10-2020, 02:11 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
TroopsterX Wrote:Wow thanks for detailed information, much appreciated. Which two courses do I need to take if I stick with TESU? I thought that I only had to take capstone with them.

All of the Big 3 (COSC, EC, TESU) require two courses, Cornerstone and the Capstone.  To elaborate, the TESU extension fee of $75 is for enrolled students, so if you took a TECEP or the TES-100 cornerstone, or enrolled with them before, you can get the extension for the catalog year.  If you have never taken anything from them, it's a re-apply at $50.

The cornerstone at the Big 3 are very simple courses, unfortunately, they are now required courses.  I really think it's just a money grab opportunity for the schools, there are no ways around it though... you may want to check out WGU as well.  Which degree/program are you planning to complete at TESU?

At this point in time, I highly suggest taking alternative courses that will "hit and meet" all the requirements for the Big3/WGU and apply to them afterwards, get like 90 credits or so before applying to COSC/EC/WGU... TESU is different, you usually want to apply and keep the catalog as they are the only one that makes several changes each year.

How long does it usually take to complete cornerstone?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 15 695 03-22-2024, 02:35 PM
Last Post: bluebooger
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 10 1,976 03-22-2024, 12:00 AM
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Quick question about MAN-3760 & MAN-3730 jg_nuy 7 475 03-20-2024, 08:53 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 258 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 230 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27
  Age waiver question - 18 year old jg_nuy 26 2,046 03-01-2024, 06:26 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  Free ways(e.g. TECEP)to register at TESU? Also say thank you to@bjcheung77@LevelUp Felisa 2 301 03-01-2024, 02:14 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  SAS Programmer Certificates at TESU jg_nuy 5 267 02-29-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: mog538
  Conflicting info from TESU for dual degrees?? ACI 32 2,157 02-22-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: faptaincrunch
  Admitted BA Computers Science - TESU Chan.kckn 3 391 02-21-2024, 07:46 PM
Last Post: LevelUP