Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Psych CLEP
Is there any way I can find what each part of the brain controls? My friend told me it's important to study it for the intro to psych CLEP and I can't seem to find it... The REA book is very general about it.
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="Plum"][SIZE="1"]Intro to Sociology 51|Biology 54|Intro to Psychology 61
College Algebra A[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
There is enough in the REA guide provided you memorize it.

As I recall there are a few questions that are pretty easy, maybe 3-5 or so, if you have those memorized they are easy. I think i put that in the specific feedback forum.

This may help some
Brain Structures and Their Functions
=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Pending Graduation at Excelsior University BSBA!

Earned 91 credits through CLEP / DSST in 90 days. If I can do it, SO CAN YOU!
Anyone have any tips for the psych CLEP? I plan on using REA and maybe Peterson's...
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]124 credits: B.A Social Sciences [B]DONE in 14 months; August 2011[/COLOR][/B]
"The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty"- [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]Winston Churchill[/COLOR]
I used IC, Peterson's and REA to pass the test w/67 with 2 weeks study.
The Specific Feedback forum was a big help.
Storyteller Wrote:I used IC, Peterson's and REA to pass the test w/67 with 2 weeks study.
The Specific Feedback forum was a big help.
Did you have background knowledge?
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
Look at the powerpoint slides and do the Live!Psych activities here:
The Biological Basis of Behavior

The Live!Psych exercises for each chapter were helpful in preparing for the CLEP.
Psychology Classroom at AllPsych Online

Check out that website. There is a section called Psychology 101. Read over the sections. It will give you a good understanding of most of the material. I wouldn't use it as a single source of study, but it is good as a supplemental source.
Romans 6:23 "The wages of sin are death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus."

CLEP:
Western Civ I - 65
Western Civ II - 59
Introduction to Psychology - 70

DSST:
Astronomy - 64
Environment and Humanity - 64
SandraNC Wrote:Look at the powerpoint slides and do the Live!Psych activities here:
The Biological Basis of Behavior

The Live!Psych exercises for each chapter were helpful in preparing for the CLEP.
Thanks so much!
About how long should I prepare for this CLEP? I have a lot of background info (developmental psych, abnormal psych, theories of human behavior, anatomy of brain, eye and ear etc.) I'm just scared I'll fail cuz if that happens I won't go to grad school in September Sad
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]
I read the REA book on the plane and studied it the next week. Do each practice test and make sure you know the answers to the ones you get wrong and you will do fine.
The REA book is a great easy read and is interesting.
BSBA CIS from TESC, BA Natural Science/Math from TESC
MBA Applied Computer Science from NCU
Enrolled at NCU in the PhD Applied Computer Science
ryoder Wrote:I read the REA book on the plane and studied it the next week. Do each practice test and make sure you know the answers to the ones you get wrong and you will do fine.
The REA book is a great easy read and is interesting.
I already read a few chapters and it doesn't interest me.
Everyone thought intro to sociology is easy and I found it really difficult...more than Bio...I hope it won't be the same with this CLEP.
- [SIZE="2"]STG[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 504 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,839 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 844 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,306 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,636 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,266 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,234 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Should I go for COSC BS Health Studies or TESU BA Psych? mcorye91 15 2,179 12-28-2020, 02:11 PM
Last Post: mcorye91
  Study material Clep English composition modular Collegelady2 16 4,135 08-18-2020, 10:20 PM
Last Post: mrskitty
  Which degrees accept the most CLEP type tests? Sorbik 5 2,323 08-01-2020, 08:27 AM
Last Post: nomaduser