Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Principles of Marketing Clep!!! Help!!!
So guys Im 8months pregnant and just found out by my counselor that I have 6 credits remaining before I can graduate this summer and I am out of financial aid, so I need to CLEP, well I am not a text taker and I am stressing out, which is not good in my state, can someone PLEASE give me some feedback on this exam. The only source of study thta I am using is the Clep study Guide, InstantCert flashcards, and google, how do u think ill do and how difficult is this exam.

Thanks
That was the first test I took (Back in November 2010) so I don't remember it overly well. At the time I used free-clep-prep.com, the official study guide that you have, and my prior work experience in retail/management. I passed so I'd say study up and give it a shot.

What is your major and what school? Someone might be able to recommend other tests based on what will help you graduate. Since you've never tested before and I'm not sure of your background or major, I'd say the easiest CLEP exams for many people are Marketing, Management, and Analyze and Interpret Literature (6 credits!). DSST exams are a good choice too, just make sure your school takes them and then try to find a testing location for them (getcollegecredit.com). Since it sounds like you are looking at Business courses I'd recommend the DSST Supervision exam as the easiest of CLEP or DSST tests.

Good Luck.
My completed "non-traditional" credits include 27 credits from CLEP, 30 credits from DSST, 6 credits from ALEKS, 19 credits from FEMA courses including PDS, 3 credits from NFA courses, 10 credits from ACE Workplace Training, 3 credits from a TESC TECEP exam, and 3 credits from a TESC PLA course.
As far as feedback for the Marketing CLEP goes, check the specific exam feedback area: Specific Exam Feedback for the Marketing CLEP, 9 pages of info aimed at just the Marketing CLEP.

One of the most beneficial parts of preparing for a test (IMO), is taking practice tests. Unless you have access to something like Peterson's then it may help if you take some of these:
4Tests.com - Free, Practice CLEP - Principles of Marketing Exam (37 questions)
Sample Questions | CLEP (7 questions)
CLEP Principles of Marketing Practice Exam (10 questions)

The more practice questions and tests you take, the better you'll get a feel for the real thing and be able to better gauge on how you'll do (not to mention you may just come across a topic/fact/something on a PT that you haven't seen in your study resources that may pop up on your actual CLEP).

As cooperalex2004 said I also used Principles of Marketing CLEP Study Guide, and found it (as always) helpful and accurate.
My 17yo took the management and marketing cleps essentially cold and scored quite well. Neither are particularly tough exams. A&I Lit is basically a reading comprehension exam with a handful of odd terms to memorize. In addition to the ic offering check out the freeclepprep.com website. Good luck!
MBA, Western Governors University February 2014
BS Charter Oak State College November 2011
AS in EMS August 2010

I'm always happy to complete the free application waiver for those applying to WGU (I get a free gift from WGU for this).  Just PM me your first/last name and a valid email so I can complete their form.

Thread; COSC AS using FEMA http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...total.html
I'm also studying for this exam right now. Like mentioned above I would suggest taking practice tests. If you have a library near by, try asking them if they have the REA Marketing Clep book. That's a great resource. Short to the point chapters with key terminology in bold and 3 full practice tests at the end of the book.
You will pass the exam if you know the flashcards forward and backward.
im about to take this test as well, any feedback on how it was? thank you
brandon228 Wrote:im about to take this test as well, any feedback on how it was? thank you
It's term-heavy. Know your terms. BusinessDictionary.com - Online Business Dictionary is great for this.
BA History 2014 - TESC

The Lord is my shepherd. Psalm 23

"I'm going on an adventure!' ~AUJ
"It is our fight." ~DoS
"I am not alone." ~BotFA
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that's given to us." ~FotR
"There is still hope." ~TTT
"Courage..." "This day, we fight!" ~RotK

CLEP: A&I Lit 74 ~ Am Lit 73 ~ Eng Lit 72 ~ Humanities 75 ~ College Math 77 ~ Western Civ I 63 ~ Western Civ II 69 ~ Natural Sci 64 ~ US History I 76 ~ US History II 69 ~ Sociology 68 ~ Am Gov 69 ~ Social Sci & Hist 71 ~ College Comp 61 ~ Marketing 70 ~ Management 66 ~ Psychology 67

DSST: Supervision 453 ~ Tech Writing 61 ~ Computing 427 ~ Middle East 65 ~ Soviet Union 65 ~ Vietnam War 74 ~[COLOR="#0099cc"] Civil War 68

[/COLOR]Other: College+ Biblical Social Justice B ~ ECE World Conflicts Since 1900 A

TESC courses: Capstone A ~ Leaders in History A ~ Photography 101 A- ~ Games People Play A ~ International Relations A- ~ Mass Communications I A

$5 off IC - 59690
My hair jewelry business
I posted some thoughts and resources here ---> http://www.degreeforum.net/excelsior-tho...post136711 This was one of the easiest CLEPs I took, and I only studied for it for about two days. I though I found drilling flashcards to be helpful, I needed the REA guide, as I had never taken anything marketing-related (such as basic economics, which may have helped) before and the REA guide explained the somewhat-confusing terminology well.
CLEPs:
Biology: 64 | College Algebra: 60 | A&IL: 74 | Natural Sciences: 62 | College Comp: 62 | Intro Psychology: 73 | Intro Sociology: 67 | History of the U.S. I: 73 | History of the U.S. II: 65 | Principles of Marketing: 66 | Social Sciences & History: 68 | Humanities: 58

DSSTs:
Environment & Humanity: 59 | Technical Writing: 66 | Public Speaking: 67/Pass | Astronomy: 72

Other Courses:
Intro to Stats ALEKS: 70 | 24 FEMAs (including PDS) | Intro to News Reporting TECEP: Pass | Interpersonal Communication ECE: A | News Writing @ TESC: A | TESC Leadership Communication: A | TESC Mass Communication I: A | TESC Capstone: A | Marketing Communications TECEP: Pass | Argumentation & Debate @ LSU: A | Public Relations Thought & Practice TECEP: Pass

120/120 - DONE!!!
B.A. Communications through CollegePlus/TESC
My degree plan/test feedback
A really great resource that I used when I was studying were these videos....Business 102: Principles of Marketing Course - Free Online Video Lessons | Education Portal. I also used many of the other resources mentioned above.

Good luck!
CLEP:
West. Civ I - 65, A&I Lit - 66, Biology - 65, Chemistry - 55, Nat. Sciences - 64, US Hist I - 68, Am. Lit - 61, US Hist II - 62, Am. Gov. - 67, Macroecon. - 63, Microecon. - 75, College Comp. - 66, Prin. of Marketing - 68, Prin. of Mngt - 71

DSST:
Civil War and Reconst. - 70, Prin. of Supervision - 443, Intro to World Rel - 477, Intro to Bus - 443, HR Mgmt - 64, Intro to Computing - 458, Prin. of Fin. Acct - 80Big Grin, Bus Ethics & Society - 447, Prin. of Finance - 437

ALEKS:
Int. Algebra, College Algebra, Precalc, Intro to Stats., Business Stats.

SAYLOR:
Corp. Comm - 78%, Bus Law and Ethics - 76%

PENN FOSTER:
Manag. Acct. - 96, Int. Acct. 1 - 98, Int. Acct. 2 - 87, Cost Acct. - 94, Strategic Bus. Mngt. - 95

ADAMS STATE:
Auditing - 89

LSU:
Adv. Acct. - B

TECEP:
Fed Income Taxation

BSBA Accounting

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Futurelearn has BA degrees in Marketing & Design for 13k USD. Masters for 7k USD. nyvrem 1 299 02-16-2024, 12:40 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, IB, vs others - Comparison/Example bjcheung77 0 513 08-11-2023, 12:12 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  AP, CLEP, etc - Credit Banking on Credly bjcheung77 2 1,851 09-02-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: vintage_jacket
  combine CLEP & ACTFL? defmo 5 852 08-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  CBE Marketing Names sanantone 4 597 07-04-2022, 06:54 AM
Last Post: dbinghamjr
  English 2 CLEP Jennr2z 6 1,323 05-25-2022, 10:02 AM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Prep for College Composition with Essay CLEP ? abs_co 3 1,644 11-11-2021, 07:39 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  UMPI YourPace now offering BABA Marketing starting in August ashkir 3 1,524 04-27-2021, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Vle045
Big Grin CLEP US HISTORY II Advice basol007 2 1,283 03-14-2021, 02:14 PM
Last Post: basol007
  need to find credits by testing like Clep - but Clep is not available where I live - esh 3 1,239 01-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Last Post: rachel83az