Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posts Keep Getting Deleted-Not Going Through?
Why do my posts keep getting deleted or not posted?

I refresh the page and they appear; however, later in the day, they vanish. I'm simply asking people around what correlates to passing score on the college-board's sociology practice exam. I got 62 correct or 71%.

Wouldn't the most appropriate location for this question be under the "exam feedback" section? Yet, i've posted 3 times there; each time it was either deleted or it never went through; it seem incredibly odd to delete something so harmless 3 times, almost within an hour of posting it.

Not sure this post will go through/get deleted as well, so at this point it might be a technical issue.
All I know is this post isn't deleted yet (;

As for your question, a 50 on a CLEP equals a C, which is the minimum to pass. I'd guess you'd probably pass, since 70% is a pass (I think), but if it were me, I'd feel kind of uncomfortable being so close to the minimum. You should ask someone who's taken the test how the actual exam compares to the practice test.

Hope this helps!
-Zapproximator

My journey to a bachelor's degree by 18 (with my flashcards, exam tips, and notes)---> bachelorsby18.wordpress.com

Super quick bio: Homeschooled teen who loves music, writing, hanging out with friends, and doing stuff outside - unless it's 80+ Wink

-------------------------
42/120 Credits
CLEP: Principles of Marketing 75, Principles of Management 66, A&I Literature 59, Intro Psychology 64, US History 1 68, US History 2 69, Sociology 61, Western Civ 1, Western Civ 2 55, Biology 51, Microecon 67, Macroecon 68, Educational Psychology 74, College Algebra (in progress), College Composition (in progress)
AP: Statistics, Spanish (both in progress)
50 is the passing cut off, but that's after your score is scaled from 20 to 80. Different exams are scaled differently. It's like a curve.

Oh, also 50 is the cutoff for ACE credit, but schools can have higher requirements if they choose. So check with your school to be sure!

Ratfus Wrote:Why do my posts keep getting deleted or not posted?

I refresh the page and they appear; however, later in the day, they vanish. I'm simply asking people around what correlates to passing score on the college-board's sociology practice exam. I got 62 correct or 71%.

Wouldn't the most appropriate location for this question be under the "exam feedback" section? Yet, i've posted 3 times there; each time it was either deleted or it never went through; it seem incredibly odd to delete something so harmless 3 times, almost within an hour of posting it.

Not sure this post will go through/get deleted as well, so at this point it might be a technical issue.

[COLOR="#000080"]Hello Ratfus -

Your posts have been deleted from the Specific Exam Feedback section as questions in that area are not permitted per se. You may have observed that the reason listed for the deletion " Specific EXAM FEEDBACK ONLY Containing Information Assisting Students Pass! Please post questions in the appropriate section." This is meant to keep the section clean and devoid of clutter with an emphasis on feedback alone.

I'm sorry that you missed the reasons listed. In the future feel free to either post a new question in the appropriate area or better yet conduct a search of pre-existing threads that may indeed contain the information you're looking for; there's a dozen years of information cataloged.
[/COLOR]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
ShotoJuku Wrote:[COLOR="#000080"]Hello Ratfus -

Your posts have been deleted from the Specific Exam Feedback section as questions in that area are not permitted per se. You may have observed that the reason listed for the deletion " Specific EXAM FEEDBACK ONLY Containing Information Assisting Students Pass! Please post questions in the appropriate section." This is meant to keep the section clean and devoid of clutter with an emphasis on feedback alone.

I'm sorry that you missed the reasons listed. In the future feel free to either post a new question in the appropriate area or better yet conduct a search of pre-existing threads that may indeed contain the information you're looking for; there's a dozen years of information cataloged.
[/COLOR]

Sorry about that! I didn't see that until after I posted.
-Zapproximator

My journey to a bachelor's degree by 18 (with my flashcards, exam tips, and notes)---> bachelorsby18.wordpress.com

Super quick bio: Homeschooled teen who loves music, writing, hanging out with friends, and doing stuff outside - unless it's 80+ Wink

-------------------------
42/120 Credits
CLEP: Principles of Marketing 75, Principles of Management 66, A&I Literature 59, Intro Psychology 64, US History 1 68, US History 2 69, Sociology 61, Western Civ 1, Western Civ 2 55, Biology 51, Microecon 67, Macroecon 68, Educational Psychology 74, College Algebra (in progress), College Composition (in progress)
AP: Statistics, Spanish (both in progress)
For some reason, I wasn't notified of the reason they were deleted, so I thought it must have been a technical issue.

Thanks guys, disregarding the curve, I would have scored a 56/80 then (.7*80). Even with a negative curve, 6 points above the actual test passing should be a fairly safe margin?

Might do some more brush up in the remaining 2 weeks. My school's cut-off is only a 50 (probably because it's a community college). Already paid $160,000 for my undergraduate degree and now only need the 30 credits in any subject for my CPA license.
Ratfus Wrote:Why do my posts keep getting deleted or not posted?

This post is your first post- it's indicated by the number next to your join date.
when your posts get deleted, it also subtracts it from your post count.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
jsd Wrote:when your posts get deleted, it also subtracts it from your post count.

Learning something new every day!

Something I don't know a lot about is the CPA license....but I'm 99% sure we have had a lot of posters discuss the challenges of using CLEP towards the CPA....I think there are some potential issues- you'll want to double check.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Liked Posts? acamp 2 962 03-20-2018, 10:03 AM
Last Post: acamp
  Unable to see recent posts on my own thread when logged in Thorne 15 5,176 10-24-2017, 03:43 PM
Last Post: sgloer
  Delete InstantCert Posts Clarebugg 9 2,537 10-13-2016, 07:38 AM
Last Post: cookderosa
  5000 posts?!?!?! cookderosa 2 1,081 03-11-2014, 08:17 PM
Last Post: rebel100
  9 more posts to 2000 rebel100 8 1,519 02-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Last Post: sanantone
  "new posts" feature not working? cookderosa 7 2,195 06-21-2011, 10:20 AM
Last Post: ShotoJuku
  "New Posts" feature down? cookderosa 4 1,502 02-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Last Post: jadechow
  I'm almost at 100 posts! LatinTea 25 3,565 07-31-2009, 11:58 AM