Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pierpont to Bachelor's Degree
Your Location: New York City US
Your Age: 31
Currently hold any degree : Board of Governors, A.A.S.| Pierpont CT&C
What kind of degree do you want? : The most affordable and quickest option.

Current Regional Accredited Credits: 

Arizona State University : 1 Credit

CIS 194 - Business Technology Fundamentals

Current ACE, CLEP, or NCCRS Credits: 88

Sophia : 18 Credit

Environmental Science 

Human Biology

Introduction to Information Technology

U.S. History I

U.S. History II

Visual Communications

Coursera : 70

Google IT Support : 12 Credits

Google Data Analytics : 12 Credits

IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Professional : 10 Credits

IBM Data Science Professional : 12 Credits

IBM Data Analyst Professional : 12 Credits

Applied Data Science Specialization : 12 Credits

Total Credits Completed: 89

Any certifications or military experience? N/A

Budget: Flexible 

Commitments:  I currently work full time and can work on my studies part-time or in the evenings/weekends.

Dedicated time to study: I can study as much as is needed during the night or weekends as long as my schedule is free. I estimate at least 3 hours every week night and on the weekends

Timeline: Finishing the courses required for the degree as fast as possible would be ideal.  I would like to finish within 6 Months

Tuition assistance/reimbursement: NA

Comments: I'm open to pursuing the most cost-effective and expedited degree program. Despite having a wealth of IT experience, I am interested in pursuing a non-IT degree. Currently, I am employed at the Local Social Services - Welfare Agency.
For quickest/most affordable, UMPI is going to be your best bet. Do any of the degrees here leap out at you as either "that looks interesting!" or "eww, I don't want to do that"? https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:UMPI

In general, the BABA Management & Leadership or a BLS degree have traditionally been the fastest/easiest to complete. But if you hate Business classes and would prefer (for instance) History or Psychology, then one of those degrees might be faster for you.

You'll need at least Spanish I or French I and Human Biology Lab from Sophia in order to continue to a UMPI degree.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
@MidtownNYC, I agree - Yes, UMPI would be my recommendation as well, but the degree plan I suggest you go for is the BAS with a single, double, or triple minor (MIS, Management, Project Management). This will allow for the max credit transfer of your credits. I would select the triple minor as you will need the upper level credits anyways, there are overlapping classes, and when you complete all 3 minors, you're just taking an extra couple of courses at most.

Apply to UMPI for the BAS with a minor in MIS, when you've been accepted and the credits transferred over, you can then ask your advisor to add the Management & Project Management minors.  You should complete the remaining general education classes on Sophia.org (Language, Science with Lab, etc) and use this post/thread as a reference or for more questions/answers.  Note: Again, the BAS uses the max transfer of your "current technical credits".

I just got your PM while I was typing this thread, coincidence... Anyways, I'm going to link you to the UMPI BAS WIKI and here's a thread post you may want to review and the link, it has spreadsheet with all the courses you need for the BAS/BLS with a triple minor, review this post and the link, as the spreadsheet is within this link of a link, for the electives, you're using the certs not the Sophia.org I mentioned... 

Thread: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid400527 
WIKI has a similar plan: https://degreeforum.miraheze.org/wiki/UM...egree_Plan
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Finish Degree for CFP Marks Cfp417 13 471 2 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Help With Determining an Accounting Degree to Qualify to Take the CPA Exam AccountingForThis 8 251 5 hours ago
Last Post: AccountingForThis
  UMPI BAS or PUG BSPr or other way to doctoral degree mdn 5 364 11 hours ago
Last Post: mdn
  Help creating a degree plan for education bachelors. System360 9 204 05-18-2024, 04:11 PM
Last Post: allvia
Big Grin Which Degree Program Would You Choose??? colonelcamp 26 877 05-18-2024, 08:39 AM
Last Post: colonelcamp
  Getting BA after Pierpont BOG AAS. Faceparade 6 310 05-17-2024, 02:30 PM
  UMPI YourPace Liberal Arts- Education Minor Degree Plan ecomony 6 158 05-16-2024, 02:57 PM
  IT degree with A levels & 7 years of work experience Sherwood 77 5,190 05-13-2024, 03:20 PM
  Degree Completion Plan 2 Adam54321 8 782 05-10-2024, 04:12 PM
  Military Degree Plan - Help Xrogus 2 131 05-10-2024, 09:37 AM