Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I passed Civil War and Reconstruction
Just got the results today, passing is 47, I squeeked by with a 50...All I did was study Instantcert for 1 week and watched the Ken Burns Documentary series...Honestly, the Ken Burns Series wasn't all that much help...Although it was informative, I could barely make it through a tape without nodding off...So, I give Instantcert the credit...

My advice to anyone taking this test-KNOW your Instant cert as well as you know the lines on our face, and you will pass. If you want to smoke the test, use Wikipedia to delve a little deeper into the subject.

I should get my results for Rise and Fall of the Soviet Union next week...Then I take ECE History of Nazi Germany on the 31st and I am DONE! Hoo-ah!

THEN, the vicious circle starts all over as I start working on my 2nd degree...
[SIZE="2"]Soldierboy[/SIZE]

All I need is
Civil war & Reconstruction
Rise & Fall of USSR
History of Nazi Germany--->

DONE! (BA LIB Arts, Focus on MGMNT)
Excelsior
soldierboy Wrote:Just got the results today, passing is 47, I squeeked by with a 50...All I did was study Instantcert for 1 week and watched the Ken Burns Documentary series...Honestly, the Ken Burns Series wasn't all that much help...Although it was informative, I could barely make it through a tape without nodding off...So, I give Instantcert the credit...

[SIZE="5"]GREAT JOB!!!!![/SIZE]

[SIZE="3"]On a side note, I enjoyed the Ken Burns series and watched it twice before the exam. For me, it tied it all together.[/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:
Congrats! You give me hope...that's exactly how I studied for it, and I came away feeling pretty apprehensive...
Well done Soldierboy!
hilarious
My name is Rob

Total Credits: 142 (12 not used).
[SIZE=1]GPA: 4.0
[/SIZE]
Did you only study with Instantcert for the Soviet test as well?
For the USSR test, I used Instantcert, Wikipedia, and a video series I found called "Red Empire" which was very helpful. The USSR test is really hard because of all the treaties and screwy names.

I was very aprehensive coming out of that test, but no more than I was coming out of the Civil War test, so passing Civil War was definately an ego-boost-we'll see...

Also, understand, I'm fast-tracking myself...I take a test a week...I study like mad all week and weekends, take a test on Thursday, brain-dump on Friday, then start studying for the next test on Saturday...

Again, If you know your instantcert, you'll have a pretty good grasp on the subject and can make some educated guesses...Definately read a little about the treaties mentioned on Instancert by looking them up on Wikipedia. And if you can find Red Empire, watch it twice...A Domino's pizza makes it easier to stay home on a Saturday night and study...
[SIZE="2"]Soldierboy[/SIZE]

All I need is
Civil war & Reconstruction
Rise & Fall of USSR
History of Nazi Germany--->

DONE! (BA LIB Arts, Focus on MGMNT)
Excelsior
steelers Wrote:Did you only study with Instantcert for the Soviet test as well?

[SIZE="3"]Hey Steelers: Check some of the previous USSR threads, there is a lot of good shared info in some of them - GOOD LUCK!![/SIZE]
ShotoJuku +
A.S., B.S., M.S., MBA
IC Forums Senior Super Moderator  
Passing It On & Paying It Forward To All Just Starting or Completing Their Educational Journey!

Shoto's Passing Your Exam Advice Here --->   http://www.degreeforum.net/general-educa...#post59179
God Bless The USA :patriot:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Kim did it after 4 tries! <baby bar passed> bjcheung77 9 1,394 04-23-2024, 06:55 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  Passed the CISSP Exam jamshid666 5 1,882 09-27-2021, 01:58 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Passed the CHFI Exam jamshid666 9 1,551 07-17-2021, 06:40 PM
Last Post: jamshid666
  Liberty University Online BS in Physics and BS Civil Engineering armstrongsubero 2 1,558 04-11-2021, 12:38 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Passed Environment & Humanity DSST (feedback included) journey 9 3,297 06-06-2019, 06:29 AM
Last Post: FishNDip
  Passed Intro to Psych CLEP...which next? S.Tesla 3 1,253 04-17-2019, 11:58 PM
Last Post: TryHardDieHard
  Passed CLEP Financial Accounting with a 65!!! mecurtis 4 1,532 02-06-2019, 04:15 PM
Last Post: ericamead21
  Passed Educational Psychology with a 74! zapproximator 2 1,243 09-28-2018, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Supermind
  Pay $30 an hr. Looking for somone that has passed over 2 clep exams to help perpare. evsimoian 6 1,867 06-17-2018, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  CLEP Information Systems and Computer Application..just passed! Dissapointed with IC istudyclep 9 2,311 03-28-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: cookderosa