Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Okay, I’m off and clepping...
Just passed my first CLEP exam, Principles of Management, with a respectable 63. Thanks to this forum and all of the great feedback and advice which had me going in relatively confident while not wasting too much time over preparing. Went through the IC and the College Board material a couple of times and spent approximately 10 total hours preparing. Also reviewed some of the study notes that Brittany had so graciously shared.

The level of difficulty was about what I had expected, and considering that I recently passed a very challenging PMP (Project Management Professional) exam which touched on some of the same topics as this CELP, my study strategy seemed to be about right.

Walked over to the Miami Dade College testing center on my lunch break since it is near where I work. Turned out not to be such a bright idea considering that between the registration process and the dang workstation I was taking the test on crashed twice (took some discipline to not let this become a distraction), I was away from the office for over two hours. Next time will need to tell the boss I’m going to be out for a long lunch to avoid the anxiety of wondering if anyone was trying to get a hold of me half way through the test when I was incommunicado. All’s well that ends well, though… Next up, Principles of Marketing. Thanks again one and all!
Rob
PMP, ITIL, CCNA, CCNA Security, MCP, Master CIW, A+, Network +, Security+, iNet+, IT Project+
BS in Business Administration, Concentration in Information Technology (Magna Cum Laude: 3.81 GPA)
MS in Technology and Innovation, Specialization in Program and Project Delivery (in progress, expected 2012)
Great score! Good luck on your next test. I am in a marketing class right now, actually it ends tomorrow. I have been really enjoying the class. Are you getting your degree in business??? Again may I say Good Luck!
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Congratulations on getting started! Glad that you could use the notes! Good luck and God bless as you continue! Smile
~Brittany

From 0 to 120 credits in ten months and seven days because of CollegePlus! and InstantCert!!!

AHHHH!!!!!!!! I DID IT!!!!!!!! Graduation, here I come!

"The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save." ~Zephaniah 3:17
alleycat Wrote:Great score! Good luck on your next test. I am in a marketing class right now, actually it ends tomorrow. I have been really enjoying the class. Are you getting your degree in business??? Again may I say Good Luck!

Yes, thinking about BSBA/MIS concentration form Excelsior...
Rob
PMP, ITIL, CCNA, CCNA Security, MCP, Master CIW, A+, Network +, Security+, iNet+, IT Project+
BS in Business Administration, Concentration in Information Technology (Magna Cum Laude: 3.81 GPA)
MS in Technology and Innovation, Specialization in Program and Project Delivery (in progress, expected 2012)
Good for you. Are you testing out on the whole degree? Do you already have some credits?
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Congratulations! Doesn't it feel GREAT? That first CLEP was so stressful for me, but you sound like you took it in stride. Smile

P.S. Cute dog....our cat will let us dress her up for extremely humorous results!
[COLOR="Teal"][SIZE="4"]Margo
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE="2"][B][B]"By endurance, we conquer"[/B][/B][/SIZE] [SIZE="2"] [SIZE="1"] ~ Sir Ernest Shackleton[/SIZE][/SIZE]
for a total of 18

CLEP done through 2010:
U.S. History II (66)
Analyzing & Interpreting Lit (70)
Introduction to Sociology (71)
Social Sciences & History (70)
College Mathematics (57) :o

Hoped for end result before arthritis sets in:
BA in Art, Liberal Studies, or Humanities[/SIZE]
alleycat Wrote:Good for you. Are you testing out on the whole degree? Do you already have some credits?

I’ve got 21 transfer credits from Excelsior for my various IT and Professional certifications and my Cisco Network Academy coursework. Looks like I will need to take 2 or 3 courses with Excelsior and the remainder I am planning to test out of. Being the 50 year old geezer that I am, gonna try to do this thing on a budget and a relative fast track. Seems a bit daunting at this stage, but I will just create a project plan for myself and tackle the exams one at a time...
Rob
So you are over 40 and fabulous! There are many of us on the boards that are at that number and even higher. Good Luck with your degree and just keep plugging away at it. Before you know it its done.

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
alleycat Wrote:So you are over 40 and fabulous! There are many of us on the boards that are at that number and even higher. Good Luck with your degree and just keep plugging away at it. Before you know it its done.

Don’t know about fabulous, but my 6- and 3-year-old daughters definitely make me feel young at heart and motivate me to be the best I can be...

“Age is strictly a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.” - Jack Benny
Rob
I love Jack Benny!!!!!!! Smile

BA Humanities - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Clepping and mainstream college alleycat 20 2,830 08-02-2009, 10:32 AM
Last Post: alleycat
  Did clepping inspire you to go to grad school? swisha2k 11 1,907 12-29-2008, 12:16 AM
Last Post: Degreeasap
  CLEPPING OUT AND MASTER's PROGRAMS JDSmith 11 2,146 12-07-2008, 11:58 AM
Last Post: Epiphany
  seek for help on clepping Macroeconomy lina 1 800 10-26-2008, 11:03 PM
Last Post: jkfuss
  CLEPPING Bus Law 6/21/06.... hobbs525 4 1,135 06-13-2006, 11:07 AM
Last Post: RBOWMAN