Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New to the forum, couple questions.
(03-05-2020, 12:15 PM)allvia Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 11:59 AM)SCYankee Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 11:44 AM)ARhead Wrote: I paid the $50 for what I assumed was enrollment, and I sent over my ACE credits, but my student ID still says "applicant". My guess is I have to choose the "per credit tuition plan" and then I'm enrolled. Am I correct on this?

....on the tesu website, it says to do so in "online student services", but I sure can't find it and what a jumbled mess of a layout that "tesu portal" is, holy hell. I'll just ask THEM where to find it, but if someone could tell me if I have my facts straight on how to enroll I'd appreciate it, thanks.

I don't know either. I received an email saying my app was approved and that I should enroll. But I don't understand how to do that either, and don't know whether I should yet, if I'm going to need a take a TECEP to stay enrolled.

To become enrolled at TESU you need to either take a course (through them) or a TECEP.  This locks you in for one year.

A-ha!
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
You usually get your acceptance email in a week. Being accepted to the university is the first step, you would send in your transcripts if you have any to get an idea of your current situation. TESU is the only school I tell people to apply and enroll to lock the calendar year, if it was COSC/Excelsior/WGU or any other degree provider, do up to 90 credits before applying. To be enrolled, the cheapest option is to do a 1 credit TECEP - Medical Terminology, you can fail it and still get enrolled for $50.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Thank you. Well, I already paid $50 to them for what I thought was enrollment, cost of doing business I guess.
(03-05-2020, 12:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You usually get your acceptance email in a week.  Being accepted to the university is the first step, you would send in your transcripts if you have any to get an idea of your current situation.  TESU is the only school I tell people to apply and enroll to lock the calendar year, if it was COSC/Excelsior/WGU or any other degree provider, do up to 90 credits before applying.  To be enrolled, the cheapest option is to do a 1 credit TECEP - Medical Terminology, you can fail it and still get enrolled for $50.

Okay, that's good advice, as always. Do I need to call them in order to add the second AOS on the BSBA?

If I have some extra credits (say, doubles of psychology if they only need one), can I choose which courses to apply the degree?
Working towards:
  • BS Entrepreneurship @ Franklin U or BA Human Relations & Business @ Amberton U
Exams/Courses Taken (99 Credits)
  • CLEP (36) - English Comp, Natural Science, College Math, Principles of Mgmt, Intro Marketing, Intro Sociology, Analyzing & Interpreting Lit, Intro to Educational Psychology, Human Growth & Dev 
  • DSST (12) - Principles of Supervision, Intro to Business, Human Resources Mgmt, Organizational Behavior
  • Sophia Learning (51) - Developing Effective Teams, Student Success, Essentials of Managing Conflict, Conflict Resolution, Intro to Ethics, Visual Communication, Intro to Psychology, Public Speaking, Intro to Info Tech, Accounting, Statistics, Algebra, Macroeconomics, Microeconomics, Communication at Work, Principles of Finance, Business Law, US History 1&2
  • Study.com - Coming soon...
(03-05-2020, 12:38 PM)ARhead Wrote: Thank you. Well, I already paid $50 to them for what I thought was enrollment, cost of doing business I guess.

Almost all schools charge $30-$100 to apply.  It was just application season here in CA Oct 1-Nov 30 for the CSU and UC schools, and each one is $70, so kids applying to a bunch of schools are paying hundreds to thousands to apply.

At least when you apply to TESU (or COSC or EC), you are almost assured of getting in.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(03-05-2020, 12:39 PM)SCYankee Wrote:
(03-05-2020, 12:32 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: You usually get your acceptance email in a week.  Being accepted to the university is the first step, you would send in your transcripts if you have any to get an idea of your current situation.  TESU is the only school I tell people to apply and enroll to lock the calendar year, if it was COSC/Excelsior/WGU or any other degree provider, do up to 90 credits before applying.  To be enrolled, the cheapest option is to do a 1 credit TECEP - Medical Terminology, you can fail it and still get enrolled for $50.

Okay, that's good advice, as always. Do I need to call them in order to add the second AOS on the BSBA?

If I have some extra credits (say, doubles of psychology if they only need one), can I choose which courses to apply the degree?

You can call or email them to add the second AOS (I recommend email)
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

I sent in my ACE transcript to TESU, and I was surprised at how they evaluated the credits. I only have 15 credits, I started doing Gen Ed. courses like Am. Gov, Nutrition, Anthropology, Ethics (insurance course), and instead of them coming in under Civics, Ethics, Natural world etc, they stuck them down somewhere else. I'm not sure if this is normal, I chose Liberal Studies as current degree. Here is where they put them (and they put my other sophia credits under free electives, which made sense):

2: Liberal Studies (30 SH: 15SH at upper level) (In progress)
SH Earned: 13 GPA Achieved/Needed: none / 2.000 Complete both subrequirements:

A: Upper Level (15 SH) (Not started)
*must earn grades of C/CR or better

At least TWO or more different areas must be included within the entire Concentration to provide breadth of knowledge in the Liberal Studies Area.

For upper level TESU course options, please contact an Advisor
Source Course Title Term Grade SH TESU # Notes
______ _______________ _________________________ __________ _______ _______ __________
3 credits needed
______ _______________ _________________________ __________ _______ _______ __________
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
B: Liberal Stud (15 SH) (In progress)

A maximum of SIX credits can be at the 100 academic level.

For TESU course options, please contact an Advisor
SH Earned: 13
Required: 15
Remaining: 2
1 BIO-208 The Science of Nutrition 02/12/20 CR 3.00 BIO-208
*NE
1 PHI-288 Professional Ethics 12/13/19 CR 3.00 PHI-288
*NE
1 SOS-240 Conflict Resolution 12/06/19 CR 1.00 SOS-240
*NE
1 POS-110 American Government 02/18/20 CR 3.00 POS-110
*NE
1 ANT-150 Cultural Anthropology I 02/23/20 CR 3.00 ANT-150
*NE
2 credits needed
ARhead Wrote:I sent in my ACE transcript to TESU, and I was surprised at how they evaluated the credits. I only have 15 credits, I started doing Gen Ed. courses like Am. Gov, Nutrition, Anthropology, Ethics (insurance course), and instead of them coming in under Civics, Ethics, Natural world etc, they stuck them down somewhere else. I'm not sure if this is normal, I chose Liberal Studies as current degree. Here is where they put them (and they put my other sophia credits under free electives, which made sense):

LOL, haha, that's exactly what you should expect. Their system is made this way: AOS courses first, if it doesn't match any requirements, it'll be moved to the General Education requirements, if it then doesn't match, it will go to the free electives, lastly, if it can't go anywhere, it'll be in your "other section". This is for all courses you transfer into the degrees.

My suggestion now is to get more of your general education courses completed as you would like them, example, follow your spreadsheet if you have one. Just keep cranking out the courses especially if you're on those memberships (SL/Study.com), if you're using anything else, you can go slowly and get those completed, but for SL/Study.com - do it quickly.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(03-11-2020, 06:54 PM)ARhead Wrote: I sent in my ACE transcript to TESU, and I was surprised at how they evaluated the credits. I only have 15 credits, I started doing Gen Ed. courses like Am. Gov, Nutrition, Anthropology, Ethics (insurance course), and instead of them coming in under Civics, Ethics, Natural world etc, they stuck them down somewhere else. I'm not sure if this is normal, I chose Liberal Studies as current degree. Here is where they put them (and they put my other sophia credits under free electives, which made sense):

2: Liberal Studies (30 SH: 15SH at upper level) (In progress)
SH Earned: 13 GPA Achieved/Needed: none / 2.000 Complete both subrequirements:

A: Upper Level (15 SH) (Not started)

At least TWO or more different areas must be included within the entire Concentration to provide breadth of knowledge in the Liberal Studies Area.

For upper level TESU course options, please contact an Advisor
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
3 credits needed
B: Liberal Stud (15 SH) (In progress)

A maximum of SIX credits can be at the 100 academic level.

For TESU course options, please contact an Advisor
SH Earned: 13
Required: 15
Remaining: 2
1 BIO-208 The Science of Nutrition 02/12/20 CR 3.00 BIO-208
*NE
1 PHI-288 Professional Ethics 12/13/19 CR 3.00 PHI-288
*NE
1 SOS-240 Conflict Resolution 12/06/19 CR 1.00 SOS-240
*NE
1 POS-110 American Government 02/18/20 CR 3.00 POS-110
*NE
1 ANT-150 Cultural Anthropology I 02/23/20 CR 3.00 ANT-150
*NE
2 credits needed

Did you get the email that they have completed your evaluation? It is common that when they first receive your transcripts the courses are evaluated for course equivalency first and the computer drops them in the order that bjcheung77 described; then around day 21 someone at TESU goes in manually moves them and you'll receive an email that it is complete.  That is the time to contact them if you see something out of place; with TESU it takes the full three weeks for the first evaluation to be completed.
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

Thanks BJ and Allvia,

They say the received the transcript Feb 26. and I've received 2 "academic evaluation status update emails", in them they say they'll call but they don't seem to, I wish they had a 1800 number. Ah well.
I signed up for the medical terminology tecep, April term, so I can become enrolled. I think it said somewhere that you will be officially enrolled 12 days after taking the tecep. I hope they don't make any big catalog or rule changes before then so I don't have to deal with that, if I'm understanding that correctly. Seeing as I'm using the tecep purely for enrollment and I'm not really intending to study or pass this tecep, do I just take it and fail or withdraw or what is the best course of action with regard to that?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions regarding IDSS (through the MITx micromaster for data science path) blablablox 0 215 03-06-2024, 09:58 AM
Last Post: blablablox
  5 Random Questions [LOR, Pell, SNHU, etc] omicreativedev 5 760 01-07-2023, 04:03 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Questions midnite123 18 1,304 12-12-2022, 02:52 AM
Last Post: midnite123
  Sophia.org Questions midnite123 37 2,704 09-20-2022, 06:32 PM
Last Post: midnite123
  Coopersmith - Course questions disney_day_dreamer 2 775 07-12-2022, 04:46 PM
Last Post: disney_day_dreamer
  5 Questions to Answer When Creating a Positive Online Presence for College Acceptance LevelUP 0 422 03-19-2022, 02:55 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  HSE questions Celiics 9 1,312 10-31-2021, 02:10 PM
Last Post: Celiics
  Questions about Davar Academy "Business class". qiaoyiren 11 1,804 04-02-2021, 11:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Questions about TEEX’s Death Investigation course Michelle779 3 1,703 06-23-2020, 10:49 AM
Last Post: ctcarl
  Forum Users - How would you go about this? bjcheung77 7 2,177 11-02-2019, 04:21 PM
Last Post: Muldoon