Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New info for TESU BA-Communications candidates
I spoke with advising today and asked about the "Communication Theory" requirement in the AOS. I was told that you can use either COM-330 (Interpersonal Communications) or COM-265 (Communication in the Digital Age) to meet that requirement, but the system will not automatically populate those courses to that requirement on your evaluation. You will have to ask the Dean to move it there.
TESU BA June 2018.
Various business certificates still to do.
[-] The following 2 users Like SDO's post:
  • cookderosa, Yenisei
Woohoo, good info! That's awesome since Study.com offers the Comm 102: Interpersonal Communications course, that'll save people a lot of cash!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
Another interesting thing is, when I had a BA-Communications degree added to my evaluation, the requirements are different than what is listed on TESU's website. Under the 2017 catalog in my evaluation, it says the following is required.

"Theory (6 SH.)" "Options include Fundamentals of Speech, COM-120 Mass Communications I, COM-121 Mass Communications II, COM-330 Interpersonal Communications I, Interpersonal Communications II."

"AOS Electives (24 SH.) **A total of 15 of the 30 Semester Hours required within the entire Communications Area of Study must be at the 300/400 level.** "

"Liberal Arts Capstone (3 SH)"

Since it seems MassComm I & II are options, not requirements, this degree is a lot cheaper, more flexible, and more easily attained.
TESU BA June 2018.
On the website currently, it says Mass Comm I & II are required.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I know. That's why it was so important to share what the actual evaluation says.
TESU BA June 2018.
Just goofy!  As usual.

Mass Comm I & II are available via testing out, through Shmoop and CSU-Global.  So not crazy expensive.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
[-] The following 1 user Likes dfrecore's post:
  • HistoryMaker
My evaluation came today and says the mass comm classes are required. I talk to my advisor in the morning though! I'm going to ask about some this stuff...thanks for sharing!
(05-17-2018, 09:43 PM)Sb2013 Wrote: My evaluation came today and says the mass comm  classes are required. I talk to my advisor in the morning  though! I'm going to ask about some this stuff...thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately, you used to be able to get Mass Comm I through Shmoop (but TESU no longer takes Shmoop courses, at least for now), and AlignDegree (expired).  So, you'll have to ask if you can use 2 UL CSU-Global CBE's: Mass Comm, and Mass Comm and Society.  Otherwise, I'm not sure where else you can get Mass Comm I besides TESU.
(05-17-2018, 10:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 09:43 PM)Sb2013 Wrote: My evaluation came today and says the mass comm  classes are required. I talk to my advisor in the morning  though! I'm going to ask about some this stuff...thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately, you used to be able to get Mass Comm I through Shmoop (but TESU no longer takes Shmoop courses, at least for now), and AlignDegree (expired).  So, you'll have to ask if you can use 2 UL CSU-Global CBE's: Mass Comm, and Mass Comm and Society.  Otherwise, I'm not sure where else you can get Mass Comm I besides TESU.

I just want to add that based on my communication with TESU, the required courses can be satisfied as follows:

Mass Communications 1 (COM120) can be satisfied by CSU-Global's Mass Communications CBE (COM320EX), which transfers into TESU as COM311. (I actually took the Shmoop instead. Barely made the cut off date, praise God!)
Mass Communications 2 (COM121) can be satisfied by CSU-Global's Mass Communication and Society CBE (COM325EX). I'm not sure what it transfers in as exactly, but it is a UL course. Currently studying this. 
Communication Theory (COM100) can be satisfied by... idk yet. But I just learned from TESU today that it CANNOT be satisfied by study.com's Interpersonal Communications (it transfers into TESU as COM230). Will have to figure this out soon! Smile Does anyone have recommendations?
[-] The following 1 user Likes peacel's post:
  • TacticalTechie
(05-24-2018, 02:47 PM)peacel Wrote:
(05-17-2018, 10:19 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

I just want to add that based on my communication with TESU, the required courses can be satisfied as follows:

Mass Communications 1 (COM120) can be satisfied by CSU-Global's Mass Communications CBE (COM320EX), which transfers into TESU as COM311. (I actually took the Shmoop instead. Barely made the cut off date, praise God!)
Mass Communications 2 (COM121) can be satisfied by CSU-Global's Mass Communication and Society CBE (COM325EX). I'm not sure what it transfers in as exactly, but it is a UL course. Currently studying this. 
Communication Theory (COM100) can be satisfied by... idk yet. But I just learned from TESU today that it CANNOT be satisfied by study.com's Interpersonal Communications (it transfers into TESU as COM230). Will have to figure this out soon! Smile Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks !! This is great.  I'm going for a Communications Major as well.  Earlier in the thread SDO says re the "Communication Theory" requirement— "I was told that you can use either COM-330 (Interpersonal Communications) or COM-265 (Communication in the Digital Age) to meet that requirement, but the system will not automatically populate those courses to that requirement on your evaluation. You will have to ask the Dean to move it there."  Anyone know if that's still the case?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 20 2,550 9 hours ago
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 607 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 500 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 524 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 273 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,324 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 249 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 400 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  TESU Research Methods in Experimental Psychology amleigh 4 307 03-18-2024, 09:25 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  TESU Response Time For Application joshua27 3 285 03-02-2024, 02:24 PM
Last Post: joshua27