Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New UMPI YourPace Major, Supply Chain Management now out.
Starting this August, UMPI YourPace is introducing another Business Major! Enrollment is now open! Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration – Supply Chain Management Concentration. This is a unique degree as the other big schools TESU, COSC, WGU, etc don't offer one called "Supply Chain Management". 

https://online.umpi.edu/programs/ba-busi...ement.aspx

Gain the strategic knowledge and preparation you need to support business in a crucial role—that of ensuring products are delivered to their final destination. Our Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration – Supply Chain Management Concentration online program prepares you for a career where you can serve as essential personnel overseeing the production flow of goods or services from start to finish.

This accredited online business administration program gives you a thorough understanding of how business functions today as you learn to lead the technology initiatives of tomorrow. 100% online coursework covers competencies that help you become proficient in management information systems, business computing, business analytics, financial management, and managerial accounting. You will also learn about the legal and ethical environment of business as well as strategic professional communication. Experiential learning activities provide opportunities to solve real-world problems facing a hypothetical organization. 

With a BBA in Supply Chain Management degree, you'll master how production schedules, procurement, supplier relations, transportation and distribution, quality, and warehousing management work together and individually with other business functions. You will learn how to implement quality and efficiency across the entire supply chain pipeline and, ultimately, create customer satisfaction.

Why UMPI?
  • Regionally Accredited, the gold standard. The University of Maine at Presque Isle is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
  • Competency-Based Program. Learn at Your Pace and not by a pre-determined class/zoom schedule. 
  • Project-Based Finals (5-7 page essays or powerpoints) versus proctor tests with cameras invading your privacy. 
  • Personalized Approach to your Education
  • Easy Education
  • Cheaper than TESU, COSC by far for accelerators.
  • UMPI is a small school invested in your success. Supporting programs at UMPI means supporting UMPI and other future degrees from a school like this  and will force TESU, COSC, etc to learn to compete. 
  • They have a near-blanket approval for ACE credits with no limits (unlike TESU, COSC, etc)
  • You can easily double-major if you want to, or tack on minors. 
  • They are ADA friendly (unlike other major schools that make you jump through a ton of hoops) 
Cost Comparasion
UMPI: $3,222 by following Ashkir's degree plan, with two terms at UMPI

TESU: No exact comparison available, closest is Operations Management costing upwards of $7000 and more.

COSC: No exact comparison available, closest is Operations Management costing upwards of $6000 and more. 

Talk about UMPI with us
I have had a great experience at UMPI. It's no secret I will advocate for their success. UMPI is an amazing school. They strongly cared about my success, with personalized approaches from professors, etc. 

Want to talk UMPI with us? Join us at the DegreeForum UMPI Board.

Want advice on your degree? Join us at Degree Planning Advice.

How can I get started now?
Follow Ashkir's 6-month UMPI BABA degree Sophia, Study.com, and InstantCert sections. Get a head start before enrollment ends in four months, by getting 75% of your degree ready to transfer in!
[-] The following 4 users Like ashkir's post:
  • jch, Pikachu, rachel83az, VirtuallyTan
This is great! I think that there have been a couple of people in the past year who have wanted a degree like this.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 1 user Likes rachel83az's post:
  • nomaduser
That's great news and they're giving other CBE competency based education provider a run for their money! UMPI came forward and offered several YourPace degree options and I think they also changed their 30 credit transfer policy for alternative credit and bumped that up to 90 credits. They're now Brandman (soon to be UMASS Global), Walden, and WGU's "smallest" competition! I love competitive-ish state schools that offer these type of programs, affordable/easy/quick credits. They are a very good school, if people take their "butt-in-seat" options, it'll be more expensive, but they do cater well to the local, state and Canadian demographics!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes bjcheung77's post:
  • ashkir
(04-25-2021, 01:53 PM)rachel83az Wrote: This is great! I think that there have been a couple of people in the past year who have wanted a degree like this.
I'm really happy that they're doing this!

(04-25-2021, 02:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's great news and they're giving other CBE competency based education provider a run for their money! UMPI came forward and offered several YourPace degree options and I think they also changed their 30 credit transfer policy for alternative credit and bumped that up to 90 credits. They're now Brandman (soon to be UMASS Global), Walden, and WGU's "smallest" competition! I love competitive-ish state schools that offer these type of programs, affordable/easy/quick credits. They are a very good school, if people take their "butt-in-seat" options, it'll be more expensive, but they do cater well to the local, state and Canadian demographics!
I agree! Go UMPI! Keep on trucking along!

Also UMPI accepts more than 90 ACE! You just have to do 30 at their school to pass. But if someone wants to double major, or minor, they can easily transfer more to get transcripted. I transferred 96 total ACE credits, and only utilize 86 for my degree path. But, double majors can transfer more! I'm sure we'd see it soon for someone doing BABA and maybe a minor.
(04-25-2021, 02:53 PM)ashkir Wrote:
(04-25-2021, 01:53 PM)rachel83az Wrote: This is great! I think that there have been a couple of people in the past year who have wanted a degree like this.
I'm really happy that they're doing this!

(04-25-2021, 02:40 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's great news and they're giving other CBE competency based education provider a run for their money!  UMPI came forward and offered several YourPace degree options and I think they also changed their 30 credit transfer policy for alternative credit and bumped that up to 90 credits.  They're now Brandman (soon to be UMASS Global), Walden, and WGU's "smallest" competition!  I love competitive-ish state schools that offer these type of programs, affordable/easy/quick credits.  They are a very good school, if people take their "butt-in-seat" options, it'll be more expensive, but they do cater well to the local, state and Canadian demographics!
I agree! Go UMPI! Keep on trucking along!

Also UMPI accepts more than 90 ACE! You just have to do 30 at their school to pass. But if someone wants to double major, or minor, they can easily transfer more to get transcripted. I transferred 96 total ACE credits, and only utilize 86 for my degree path. But, double majors can transfer more! I'm sure we'd see it soon for someone doing BABA and maybe a minor.

So could I do the Management & Leadership degree from UMPI, and then possibly transfer my UL marketing credits from SDC for the new UMPI marketing degree? Or is there a requirement for a minimum amount of credits needed to be received through UMPI for each AOS?
Hmm... Basically, I believe almost all, each and every college/university out there requires an extra 24-30 course credits for the new Area of Study for the second Bachelors degree. The only exception I've ever seen is for minor concentrations, such as TESU AOS for BSBA is only 18 credits, you can add on another AOS just by finishing those extra credits, but that's for just one degree.

At TESU, Going for a second degree requires 24 extra credits in the second degree, these credits must be completed AFTER conferral of the first degree... Anyways, essentially it'll be like this: 120 credits for first degree, plus 30 credits for the second degree at each and every school. There are exceptions, but it'll be hard to find out which school has what policies unless you ask them. A couple of examples that require the extra 30 credits are COSC, Excelsior, etc, for that second degree.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-25-2021, 05:47 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Hmm... Basically, I believe almost all, each and every college/university out there requires an extra 24-30 course credits for the new Area of Study for the second Bachelors degree.  The only exception I've ever seen is for minor concentrations, such as TESU AOS for BSBA is only 18 credits, you can add on another AOS just by finishing those extra credits, but that's for just one degree.  

At TESU, Going for a second degree requires 24 extra credits in the second degree, these credits must be completed AFTER conferral of the first degree... Anyways, essentially it'll be like this: 120 credits for first degree, plus 30 credits for the second degree at each and every school.  There are exceptions, but it'll be hard to find out which school has what policies unless you ask them. A couple of examples that require the extra 30 credits are COSC, Excelsior, etc, for that second degree.

I think I misworded my previous post. I meant to say one business administration degree with two AOS's (one in Management and Leadership & one in Marketing). So that should be doable without additional requirements? Good to know.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ima_get_a_degree's post:
  • Novo

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  People Who Regret Their College Majors Are Sharing What Their Major Was LevelUP 22 1,348 02-26-2024, 07:34 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,317 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Major Study: Unproctored Online Exams Provide Meaningful Assessment Jonathan Whatley 0 333 11-16-2023, 02:48 PM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 576 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  UMPI YourPace Computer Science ashkir 99 18,843 09-07-2023, 12:06 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Amberton website (major) redesign allvia 8 733 08-02-2023, 12:34 PM
Last Post: Maniac Craniac
  Labor Market Outcomes of College Graduates by Major by New Yotk Fed 2023 learnforlife 0 669 03-02-2023, 04:24 PM
Last Post: learnforlife
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 457 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Degree choices. BA Supply chain management vs BLS with an MIS minor Schlafen 12 992 01-31-2023, 12:06 AM
Last Post: IReallyNeedADegree
  UMPI---Financial aid??? midnite123 4 682 01-15-2023, 04:00 AM
Last Post: midnite123