Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New TESU Residency Requirement!!! 16cr, TECEP's do not count?!?
I emailed TESU about adding an undergraduate certificate and which tuition plan it can be completed under. I was informed that the Enrolled Options Plan is being eliminated April 1st. It looks like they're combining the Enrolled Options Plan with the Per Credit Tuition Plan. For those who didn't want to take TESU courses, TECEPs, or complete portfolio assessments, this is a good deal. For those who wanted to use the Per Credit Tuition Plan, the process just got a little more expensive. I'm locked in under the old Per Credit Tuition Plan.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc
Math not being my strong point, this is all making my head whirl!
BA.SS: TESU '17
AA.LS, with Honors: CC '16
CHW Certification: CC '15
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

"It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop."― Confucius

B&M University: '92-'95
CC: '95-'16
CLEP: A&I Lit; '08
DSST: HTYH; '08
FEMA: unusable at TESU
IIA: Ethics & CPCU; '15
Kaplan: PLA course; '14,
NFA: 2 CR; '15
SOPHIA: Intro Soc; '15
Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16
TECEP: Psych of Women, Tech Writing, Med Term, Nutrition, Eng Comp I; '16
TESU: BA.SS Capstone course; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:Math not being my strong point, this is all making my head whirl!

For future Enrolled Options students majoring in business, this will save them $1,296. For those majoring in other programs, it will save them $540. For those who wanted to use the old Per Credit Tuition Plan with TECEPs and/or portfolio assessments, it's going to cost more money. It's hard to calculate how much more. People usually just think in terms of 7 TECEPs, for example, costing $777 (a little more now) and compare that to enrollment fees, but those TECEPs also replace whatever CLEP, DSST, or Uexcel you would have taken in its place. It wasn't just money thrown at TESU that didn't earn you any credits.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
sanantone Wrote:For future Enrolled Options students majoring in business, this will save them $1,296.

I thought you said that plan is going away April first, or did I misread? It sounds like they're going to have only the per-credit (with or without $2k waiver) plan and the standard plan after that?
TESU BSBA/GenMgmt, Graduation approved for March 2017
CR Sources: 75cr(StraighterLine), 15cr(Saylor), 6cr(ALEKS), 6cr(Kaplan, TESU), 12cr(PF), 6cr(CLEP)
alzee Wrote:I thought you said that plan is going away April first, or did I misread? It sounds like they're going to have only the per-credit (with or without $2k waiver) plan and the standard plan after that?

Yes, it is going away. I was talking about students who were planning on choosing the Enrolled Options Plan. They will no longer be able to choose it, but they will save money with the new Per Credit Tuition Plan up to a point. If they want to take a few TESU courses, then the Per Credit Tuition Plan is going to cost them more.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
hrm...

i did the enrolled options plan in Feb, as I needed only up to 3 courses/TECEPs available though TESU (and in fact ended up doing something else instead of one of the TECEPS and will only be doing 2 online courses with TESU). I think I lost money by doing this and not doing the new Per Credit + waiver instead. Bummer.
Northwestern California University School of Law
JD Law, 2027 (in progress, currently 2L)

Georgia Tech
MS Cybersecurity (Policy), 2021

Thomas Edison State University
BA Computer Science, 2023
BA Psychology, 2016
AS Business Administration, 2023
Certificate in Operations Management, 2023
Certificate in Computer Information Systems, 2023

Western Governors University
BS IT Security, 2018

Chaffey College
AA Sociology, 2015

Accumulated Credit: Undergrad: 258.50 | Graduate: 32

View all of my credit on my Omni Transcript!
Visit the DegreeForum Community Wiki!
Thanks for the patient explanations! So my next question is how Federal Aid can/will be applied under the new plans?

Am I thinking about this correctly? I had planned to use 1/4 of a semester's worth of my Pell Grant money to help with part of the Capstone, and part of the PLA-200 course. Then I'd pay for 12 Portfolio credits out of pocket, along with 4 TECEPS. Thus making my TESU OOP close to $3000.00 for a BA.SS.

If I switch to the new plan I'd probably just go with the BA.LA and take the Capstone and pay the Waiver, meaning it would cost close to $3400.00 OOP at TESU for an even more general degree :/

I can't do an Apples-to-Apples comparison because they won't be allowing PLA Portfolios for the 16 credits, correct??
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Straighterline: US History II, Intro Religion, Bus. Ethics, Prin. Mgmt, Cult. Anthro, Org Behavior, American Gov't, Bus. Comm; '15
Study.com: Social Psych, Hist of Vietnam, Abnorm Psych, Research Methods in Psych, Classroom Mgmt, Ed Psych; '16

Ended with a total of 170 undergrad credits (plus lots of CEUs). My "I'm finally done" thread
Mamasaphire Wrote:I can't do an Apples-to-Apples comparison because they won't be allowing PLA Portfolios for the 16 credits, correct??

You can still do PLA, but it will not count towards residency. It's still a great deal though.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:You can still do PLA, but it will not count towards residency. It's still a great deal though.

I'm a little confused what part you are referring to. What part is a deal? The option to do PLA even if you still have to do an additional 16 cr ($7984.00)? Or the ability to do PLA-200 ($998) & Portfolio ($379/12 cr if the price stays the same) and then pay the $2000 waiver, which makes it between $114 & $281/cr?
ΦΘΚ, Alumna Member

Mamasaphire Wrote:I'm a little confused what part you are referring to. What part is a deal? The option to do PLA even if you still have to do an additional 16 cr ($7984.00)? Or the ability to do PLA-200 ($998) & Portfolio ($379/12 cr if the price stays the same) and then pay the $2000 waiver?

Compared to 99.9% of other RA schools, it's a deal. I graduated from TESC before there was a Per Credit Tuition Plan. I paid almost $3,000 under the Enrolled Options Plan, but this was a lot cheaper than finishing my degree at most other schools. I did use money from a financial aid refund check from a community college to pay for it. That's the trick. Use your financial aid at the cheapest school you can find so that you will have leftover money.

Whether or not it would be cheaper to go to COSC or EC depends on the major and your transfer credits. For me, at the time, the UL credits at those two would have made the total cost of my degree higher than it was at TESC. It doesn't hurt to apply at the other two if you can afford the application and transcript fees.
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
DSST
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
CSU
SL
Uexcel
A&P
Davar

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  BALS COSC vs TESU AJ_Atlanta 7 4,054 09-22-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  TESU Enrollment Question mysonx3 8 3,721 09-19-2018, 11:16 AM
Last Post: jsd
  guided vs online tesu capstone shendaddy 18 6,240 09-19-2018, 06:07 AM
Last Post: armstrongsubero
  TESU Diversity mysonx3 8 3,731 09-18-2018, 02:56 PM
Last Post: allvia
  ACE Transcript To TESU ISKBizz15 4 2,773 09-17-2018, 05:32 PM
Last Post: ISKBizz15
  Study.com and TESU partnership? Jenna.C 2 2,393 09-17-2018, 12:50 PM
Last Post: Jenna.C
  TESU Liberal Studies with Concentration Class Options Jenna.C 2 2,643 09-17-2018, 11:25 AM
  Cornerstone Waiver for TESU if I already paid Jenna.C 3 2,362 09-16-2018, 06:09 PM
  TESU Certifcates? natshar 7 3,431 09-15-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: MNomadic
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,903 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore