Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Never give up! My path to MBA and beyond.
(03-04-2020, 12:50 PM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
Kaskadian Wrote:Suffering for 10-12 weeks will be tough but that’s an average semester anyway. Might as well suck it up and knock it out!  Big Grin

Hell yes, I totally agree with this, I rather get as much done as possible and as soon as possible.  Good luck!
Thanks! 

Semester just ended last week. I ended up getting an A in both classes. I got a 97% in one and a 93% in the other. Both classes were work intensive especially finance but I had taken a few in the past and it was a required “leveling” course that wasn’t overly complex. 

I’m off for all of May, and then the summer madness begins June 1st - July 6th, and July 7th - August 14th. 

Summer 1: 2 classes + capstone in 5 weeks 
Summer 2: 2 classes in 5 weeks 

Then I’ll be done! Graduate school will have taken me 3 years but after all this it’ll feel so good to be done. I couldn’t be more excited. 

Part of me wishes I didn’t have to take May off so I could just get back at it and be done sooner but I’m planning on enjoying every second that I have off before this hectic summer begins. I know it’ll be tough but I don’t want to slowly grind out another year before it’s all over - I want this holiday season with my wife and kids to be completely carefree without thinking about deadlines. 

I’m not going to lie, I’m pretty scared about this summer. One class in summer is intense enough and I’ll be doing double that in two separate semesters. Despite my nerves I think I’ll feel better once it gets started and I don’t have time to worry about it. I’ll drop back in at the end of summer 1 or at the end of summer 2 once I’ve graduated. 

Stay safe & healthy and keep working towards your goal one step at a time. 

Wish me luck, I’m going to need it. 

Kas
West Texas A&M: MBA (In Progress) 6/14 Completed
Financial Accounting Leveling (Completed)
Statistics Leveling (Completed)
Finance Leveling
Managerial Accounting
Corporate Finance
Economic Applications  (Completed)
Management Information Systems
Quantitative Analysis
Consumer Theory (Completed)
Leadership (Completed)
Business Integration
International Business (Completed)
Elective
Capstone

TESU (Graduated 2016)

[-] The following 1 user Likes Kaskadian's post:
  • acmh1211
Classes begin next Monday and I’m getting nervous. Waiting is the worst part. I just wish my nerves didn’t make my insomnia worse. If all goes well I’ll be graduating in just under 11 weeks from now.

Keep kicking butt everyone. One day at a time.
(05-26-2020, 10:39 PM)Kaskadian Wrote: Classes begin next Monday and I’m getting nervous. Waiting is the worst part. I just wish my nerves didn’t make my insomnia worse. If all goes well I’ll be graduating in just under 11 weeks from now.

Best wishes for a painless summer. 

There's a quote that comes to mind, but I can't remember it exactly. The idea is that a task is a mountain before you and a molehill behind you. These nervous feelings are NOT final. They are ephemeral. It will be a surprise to me if you remember them when you walk across the stage to get your diploma.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LongRoad's post:
  • ARhead
(05-27-2020, 08:02 AM)LongRoad Wrote:
(05-26-2020, 10:39 PM)Kaskadian Wrote: Classes begin next Monday and I’m getting nervous. Waiting is the worst part. I just wish my nerves didn’t make my insomnia worse. If all goes well I’ll be graduating in just under 11 weeks from now.

Best wishes for a painless summer. 

There's a quote that comes to mind, but I can't remember it exactly. The idea is that a task is a mountain before you and a molehill behind you. These nervous feelings are NOT final. They are ephemeral. It will be a surprise to me if you remember them when you walk across the stage to get your diploma.
Thank you for the words of encouragement! I’m going to live like a hermit for the next 10 weeks and really just focus on accomplishing the task ahead of me. I think the nerves will calm down when all is said and done. I think the struggles will be worth it.
Finance Leveling
Managerial Accounting
Corporate Finance
Quantitative Analysis
Leadership (Completed)
Business Integration
Elective
Capstone

TESU (Graduated 2016)

• LongRoad
Congratulations!
Me: Pursuing
1. Phd - Ecnomics - California university
2. Phd - Media - California university
mortgagecalculator.tech
[-] The following 1 user Likes JosephMcAllister's post:
  • Kaskadian
(06-02-2020, 01:45 AM)JosephMcAllister Wrote: Congratulations!
Me: Pursuing
1. Phd - Ecnomics - California university
2. Phd - Media - California university
mortgagecalculator.tech

Congrats! That's great. Big Grin

2020 Summer 1 Semester down! I ended up getting an A in all three of my classes; managerial accounting, corporate finance, and my capstone.

2020 Summer 2 Semester begins on 7/6/2020. This will be my final semester! I've got two tough classes but they shouldn't be any tougher than this first semester.
Finance Leveling
Managerial Accounting
Corporate Finance
Quantitative Analysis
Leadership (Completed)
Business Integration
Elective
Capstone

TESU (Graduated 2016)

Kaskadian, You are doing an amazing job! I got tired just reading the names of the three courses you took, and you got all As. Any only two more to do? You're doing a stellar job.
(07-05-2020, 08:14 AM)LongRoad Wrote: Kaskadian, You are doing an amazing job! I got tired just reading the names of the three courses you took, and you got all As. Any only two more to do? You're doing a stellar job.
Hi LongRoad,

Thank you so much! It’s been a long and tiring summer that’s for sure. It was worth every second though to wrap up this degree and get a break from it all.

As of maybe 30-45 minutes ago I have received my final grades for my final two classes. I got a 97% in one and a 98% on another. It hasn’t really set in yet but as of 5 pm today I will be able to say that I have a masters degree. 

I’ll follow up when I officially receive my diploma but this journey is essential over. Thank you all for the encouragement and for following along. It’s been quite a journey.
Finance Leveling
Managerial Accounting
Corporate Finance
Quantitative Analysis
Leadership (Completed)
Business Integration
Elective
Capstone

TESU (Graduated 2016)

• Merlin
Congratulations Well done
Wow, thank you for sharing. Congrats!
Composition Modular- 52 (3 cr)
Analyzing & Interpreting Literature 52 (6 cr)
College Composition- 50 (6 cr)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a path from the Walden Tempo General Psych masters to a licensable degree? studyingfortests 24 3,248 08-23-2021, 01:47 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Does WGU give a discount for getting an MBA if you already have an MSML? Clepking100 6 1,329 04-07-2021, 01:48 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  My current Masters path vetvso 11 2,551 03-26-2019, 06:44 PM
Last Post: mysonx3
  A path to 18? High_Order1 22 4,510 03-28-2018, 06:54 AM
Last Post: cookderosa