Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need to Hire Degree plan expert for BS or BA at Thomas Edison TESC
Hello everyone. I am looking for an individual advisor or service that can help me map out the fastest degree plan in business at TESC. I realize there are plans floating around on this forum but I prefer someone who I can pay to consult and assist with getting me through the fastest way testing out. Any pointers would be appreciated.
TxExec Wrote:Hello everyone. I am looking for an individual advisor or service that can help me map out the fastest degree plan in business at TESC. I realize there are plans floating around on this forum but I prefer someone who I can pay to consult and assist with getting me through the fastest way testing out. Any pointers would be appreciated.

You don't need to pay anyone. This forum and its members help with that for free. Unless you just really want to be parted from your money (in addition to tuition and testing fees), in which case a quick Google search will turn up CollegePlus and a variety of other similar services.

If you'd like the same information for free:
  1. Post any credits you already have here (course title, source [whether it is a 2-year, 4-year, etc. institution], and # of credits [and whether they are quarter or semester hour]).
  2. Specify if you would like your BSBA to be General Management, Accounting, CIS, Entrepreneurship, Finance, HR, Marketing, or Operations Management.
  3. Wait for responses and a link to the correct degree plan that's already been developed, and how your existing credits will most likely fulfill requirements.
  4. Start testing to fulfill the remaining vacancies.
  5. Enroll when you have a few courses/tests remaining to confirm with Advising and Registrar that everything mapped the way it was planned.
  6. Graduate.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
Thank you mrs.b. I am starting from scratch with NO current credits. Looking to choose between:

1)TESC BSBA in General Management: http://www.tesc.edu/business/bsba/Genera...gement.cfm
2)TESC BS in Organizational Leadership: Thomas Edison State College: Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership

-looking for help mapping out which of these two where a person can test out of most
-which courses/requirements in each are available for testing out of
-which courses/requirements where college math is required could be done the easiest or switched out
-i have taken the following courses and would like to know which of these could potentially count as some credit toward my undergrad bachelors at TESC:
-SMU Cox School of Business - Graduate Certificate "Formulating and Implementing Exceptional Business Strategy"
Exceptional Business Strategy @ SMU Cox
-SMU Cox School of Business - Graduate Certificate "Leadership & Mgmt - Navigating Generational Minefields"
Professional Development Business Leadership & Management Course Offerings: Multi-Generational Leadership @ SMU Cox
-Harvard University Extension School - Graduate Certificate "Marketing management"
MGMT E-6000 Marketing Management
-Harvard University Extension School - "Managing Virtual Teams"
MGMT E-4170 Managing Virtual Teams
-Harvard University Extension School - "Negotiation and Organizational Conflict Resolution"
MGMT E-4225 Negotiation and Organizational Conflict Resolution

mrs.b Wrote:You don't need to pay anyone. This forum and its members help with that for free. Unless you just really want to be parted from your money (in addition to tuition and testing fees), in which case a quick Google search will turn up CollegePlus and a variety of other similar services.

If you'd like the same information for free:
  1. Post any credits you already have here (course title, source [whether it is a 2-year, 4-year, etc. institution], and # of credits [and whether they are quarter or semester hour]).
  2. Specify if you would like your BSBA to be General Management, Accounting, CIS, Entrepreneurship, Finance, HR, Marketing, or Operations Management.
  3. Wait for responses and a link to the correct degree plan that's already been developed, and how your existing credits will most likely fulfill requirements.
  4. Start testing to fulfill the remaining vacancies.
  5. Enroll when you have a few courses/tests remaining to confirm with Advising and Registrar that everything mapped the way it was planned.
  6. Graduate.
The BSBA in General Management would be the most test-friendly option.
Before someone works out a degree plan, are there any subjects you would really like to have included in your degree plan? There's two ways to fill up the degree plan - choosing courses/exams based on cost AND/OR based on subjects you enjoy or would like to learn more about. There are several test options for each course requirement.
Your past courses may transfer into TESC, but you'd probably have to get them evaluated by an academic advisor/registrar.
thank you laughter. do you know if TESC will provide feedback on whether any of the professional development certifications I referenced (they did not have ACE recommended hourly credits) count for some credit without having been enrolled? I am planning doing the pay per credit option at TESC and was not planning on registering with TESC until I got to about 75% of the way through 120 credits - would TESC review these courses beforehand so that I could make a determination

laughter Wrote:The BSBA in General Management would be the most test-friendly option.
Before someone works out a degree plan, are there any subjects you would really like to have included in your degree plan? There's two ways to fill up the degree plan - choosing courses/exams based on cost AND/OR based on subjects you enjoy or would like to learn more about. There are several test options for each course requirement.
Your past courses may transfer into TESC, but you'd probably have to get them evaluated by an academic advisor/registrar.
Also, which tests are available for the 2)TESC BS in Organizational Leadership: Thomas Edison State College: Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership vs the 1)TESC BSBA in General Management: http://www.tesc.edu/business/bsba/Ge...Management.cfm
TxExec Wrote:thank you laughter. do you know if TESC will provide feedback on whether any of the professional development certifications I referenced (they did not have ACE recommended hourly credits) count for some credit without having been enrolled? I am planning doing the pay per credit option at TESC and was not planning on registering with TESC until I got to about 75% of the way through 120 credits - would TESC review these courses beforehand so that I could make a determination

Professional development / CEU without ACE will not be awarded credit.

Also, TESC will provide you with an unofficial evaluation once you apply to the school. At that point, you have 6 months before your application "expires" so plenty of time.
TxExec, it looks like the SMU courses won't transfer, but the Harvard courses will. A TESC BSBA in General Management is the most test-friendly path, since there aren't testing options for most Organizational Leadership courses.

You could combine a BSBA in General Management with a graduate certificate from HES/SMU/A&M/UTAustin/Rice/ etc. if you're looking to gain the advantages of an alumni network. Best of luck, OP.

I. General Education Requirements

1. ENC-101 TECEP English Composition I 3 $111
2. ENC-102 TECEP English Composition II 3 $111
3. MAT-121 ALEKS College Algebra 3 $20
4. MAN-373 Saylor Managerial Communication 3 $25
5. PLA-1/200 Kaplan Prior Learning Assessment 3 $0
6. ECO-111 CLEP Macroeconomics 3 $80
7. ECO-112 CLEP Microeconomics 3 $80
8. STA-201 ALEKS Statistics 3 $20
9. ENS-201 DSST Environment and Humanity 3 $80 or Saylor Bio or Chem (ACE) $25
10. SOS-101/102 CLEP Social Science and History 6
11. SOC-210 TECEP Marriage and the Family $111
12. ETH-210 TECEP Environmental Ethics 3 $111
13. REL-405 DSST Intro to World Religions 3 $80
14. LIT-291/292 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 6 $80
15. MAT-119 ALEKS Intermediate Algebra 3 $20
16. COM-210 TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice 3 $111
17. ENG-201 TECEP Technical Writing 3 $111
18. POS-299 Saylor Intro to Western Political Thought 3 $25

II. Professional Business Requirements
A. Business Core
1. FIN-301 DSST Principles of Finance 3 $80
2. LAW-201 Saylor Business Law and Ethics 3 $25
3. BUS-311 TECEP Business in Society 3 $111
4. BUS-421 TECEP Strategic Management 3 $111 (or Penn Foster course)
5. COS-101 Saylor Intro to Computers 3 $25
6. MAR-301 Saylor Principles of Marketing 3 $25 (or CLEP $80)
7. ACC-101 TECEP Principles of Financial Accounting 3 $111
8. MAN-301 Saylor Principles of Management 3 $25 (or CLEP $80)
9. ACC-102 TECEP Principles of Managerial Accounting 3 $111
B. Area of Study: General Management
1. Accounting 3
a. ACC-201 Intermed. Accounting I 3 (Penn Foster or Straighterline Cost Acct.)
2. Management 12
a. MGMT E-6000 HES Marketing Management 4UL
b. MGMT E-4170 HES Managing Virtual Teams 4UL
c. MGMT E-4125 HES Negotiation and Organizational Conflict Resolution 4UL
3. Marketing 3
a. MAR-321 TECEP Marketing Communications 3 $111 OR
b. MAR-323 TECEP Advertising 3 $111
4. Business Electives 9
a. BUS-101 DSST Intro to Business 3 $80
b. BUS-302 DSST Business Ethics and Society 3 $80
c. CIS-107 TECEP Computer Concepts/ Apps 3 $111
5. Free Electives 6
a. CIS-299 TEEX Computer Security for Everyone 2 $0
b. CIS-344 TEEX Computer Security for IT Professionals 2 $0
c. MAN-299 TEEX Computer Security for Business 2 $0
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
TxExec Wrote:Thank you mrs.b. I am starting from scratch with NO current credits. Looking to choose between:

1)TESC BSBA in General Management: BSBA in General Management Degree Program
2)TESC BS in Organizational Leadership: Thomas Edison State College: Bachelor of Science in Organizational Leadership

-looking for help mapping out which of these two where a person can test out of most
-which courses/requirements in each are available for testing out of
-which courses/requirements where college math is required could be done the easiest or switched out
-i have taken the following courses and would like to know which of these could potentially count as some credit toward my undergrad bachelors at TESC:
-SMU Cox School of Business - Graduate Certificate "Formulating and Implementing Exceptional Business Strategy"
Exceptional Business Strategy @ SMU Cox
-SMU Cox School of Business - Graduate Certificate "Leadership & Mgmt - Navigating Generational Minefields"
Professional Development Business Leadership & Management Course Offerings: Multi-Generational Leadership @ SMU Cox
-Harvard University Extension School - Graduate Certificate "Marketing management"
MGMT E-6000 Marketing Management
-Harvard University Extension School - "Managing Virtual Teams"
MGMT E-4170 Managing Virtual Teams
-Harvard University Extension School - "Negotiation and Organizational Conflict Resolution"
MGMT E-4225 Negotiation and Organizational Conflict Resolution

You're in luck.

SMU (Southern Methodist University) is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools - Edited: See Cookderosa's response. She's much more aware of those types of transfer policies.

Likewise, Harvard Extension is regionally accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges, and should be transferable.

My suggestion - others may have better means of evaluating it - is to actually apply and send your transcripts so you can get an initial evaluation. This does not require you pony up the enrollment details, but that initial evaluation will be invaluable in determining what they'll do with those CPE courses; we can guess and predict all day long, but they are the final judges there and guessing wrong at this stage could waste time and money for you down the road.

Like laughter said, the BSBA_Gen Mgmt is easy to test out of, and definitely the easiest to tackle of the two for most students. The BS-Org Leadership has some testing options, but a lot of the core requirements will need courses; that is not to say there are not fast-track options there also through schools like BYU, LSU, CSU, etc. and those can be filled in, but I have a strong feeling your existing credits will fill in some of those blanks, so again, obtaining an initial evaluation would help flesh out that option so you can decide which one best serves your personal goals.

Some more questions:
  1. What do you do for a living, OR what have you done? In other words, do you have working experience that could be translated to a possible PLA course (or courses) to fill in more of those harder-to-find blanks? Military and similar experiential credentials for working adults can add to a degree plan, so that could save you some time.
  2. Is money a major factor? Just about all of us would prefer to save money where possible so that will always be taken into account, but if tuition assistance or any similar programs are fall-backs, that is helpful to know in putting together suggestions.
BSBA, HR / Organizational Mgmt - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
- TESC Chapter of Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
- Arnold Fletcher Award

AAS, Environmental, Safety, & Security Technologies - Thomas Edison State College, December 2012
AS, Business Administration - Thomas Edison State College, March 2012
KayV Wrote:TxExec, it looks like the SMU courses won't transfer, but the Harvard courses will. A TESC BSBA in General Management is the most test-friendly path, since there aren't testing options for most Organizational Leadership courses.

You could combine a BSBA in General Management with a graduate certificate from HES/SMU/A&M/UTAustin/Rice/ etc. if you're looking to gain the advantages of an alumni network. Best of luck, OP.

I. General Education Requirements

1. ENC-101 TECEP English Composition I 3 $111
2. ENC-102 TECEP English Composition II 3 $111
3. MAT-121 ALEKS College Algebra 3 $20
4. MAN-373 Saylor Managerial Communication 3 $25
5. PLA-1/200 Kaplan Prior Learning Assessment 3 $0
6. ECO-111 CLEP Macroeconomics 3 $80
7. ECO-112 CLEP Microeconomics 3 $80
8. STA-201 ALEKS Statistics 3 $20
9. ENS-201 DSST Environment and Humanity 3 $80 or Saylor Bio or Chem (ACE) $25
10. SOS-101/102 CLEP Social Science and History 6
11. SOC-210 TECEP Marriage and the Family $111
12. ETH-210 TECEP Environmental Ethics 3 $111
13. REL-405 DSST Intro to World Religions 3 $80
14. LIT-291/292 CLEP Analyzing and Interpreting Literature 6 $80
15. MAT-119 ALEKS Intermediate Algebra 3 $20
16. COM-210 TECEP Public Relations Thought & Practice 3 $111
17. ENG-201 TECEP Technical Writing 3 $111
18. POS-299 Saylor Intro to Western Political Thought 3 $25

II. Professional Business Requirements
A. Business Core
1. FIN-301 DSST Principles of Finance 3 $80
2. LAW-201 Saylor Business Law and Ethics 3 $25
3. BUS-311 TECEP Business in Society 3 $111
4. BUS-421 TECEP Strategic Management 3 $111 (or Penn Foster course)
5. COS-101 Saylor Intro to Computers 3 $25
6. MAR-301 Saylor Principles of Marketing 3 $25 (or CLEP $80)
7. ACC-101 TECEP Principles of Financial Accounting 3 $111
8. MAN-301 Saylor Principles of Management 3 $25 (or CLEP $80)
9. ACC-102 TECEP Principles of Managerial Accounting 3 $111
B. Area of Study: General Management
1. Accounting 3
a. ACC-201 Intermed. Accounting I 3 (Penn Foster or Straighterline Cost Acct.)
2. Management 12
a. MGMT E-6000 HES Marketing Management 4UL
b. MGMT E-4170 HES Managing Virtual Teams 4UL
c. MGMT E-4125 HES Negotiation and Organizational Conflict Resolution 4UL
3. Marketing 3
a. MAR-321 TECEP Marketing Communications 3 $111 OR
b. MAR-323 TECEP Advertising 3 $111
4. Business Electives 9
a. BUS-101 DSST Intro to Business 3 $80
b. BUS-302 DSST Business Ethics and Society 3 $80
c. CIS-107 TECEP Computer Concepts/ Apps 3 $111
5. Free Electives 6
a. CIS-299 TEEX Computer Security for Everyone 2 $0
b. CIS-344 TEEX Computer Security for IT Professionals 2 $0
c. MAN-299 TEEX Computer Security for Business 2 $0

I would move the Kaplan PLA to free electives and add the NFA courses. I would move the TEEX courses to business electives. I would also move TECEP Public Relations Thought and Practice to the AOS for easy marketing credits and replace the PF or SL accounting course with the TECEP for Federal Income Taxation. The DSST for Business Ethics and Society can be used for the Business and Society requirement.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do i Do if an application asks for GPA with a degree from the Big 3? Crt 5 3,226 09-19-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: Johmford
  Transfer Credit towards degree @ TESU Supermind 2 2,872 09-14-2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Help with figuring out TESU History Degree plan AJay5595 10 3,360 09-06-2018, 10:56 AM
Last Post: BAngieB
  Associates degree in Business - Options? allen3373 9 2,682 09-04-2018, 02:57 PM
Last Post: cookderosa
  My Technical Studies Degree Plan SRES 17 4,894 08-31-2018, 12:23 AM
  BSBA in Finance Degree Plan from TESU UnbreakablyDetermined 2 2,784 08-30-2018, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Luiscastaneda25
  Has anyone been overlooked for a degree Crt 21 5,030 08-29-2018, 12:06 PM
Last Post: jsd
  Advice on Choosing a Degree Program UnbreakablyDetermined 3 1,971 08-26-2018, 08:06 PM
  COSC 2nd Degree Plan mb232627 5 2,337 08-24-2018, 12:55 AM
Last Post: mb232627
  TESU math degree plan. Am I doing this right? jakepg 9 2,695 08-23-2018, 09:20 PM
Last Post: armstrongsubero