Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need ALEKS Help > Intro to Statistics
Anybody good with Statistics? I need someone to get a 70% in my ALEKS assessment to pass the class, I can only get a 58%. I am willing to pay for assistance.

Thanks.
Good luck! I'm also trying to pass this course with ALEKS. It has been 30 yrs since I have been in a math class so this is a real challenge to complete. I don't know anyone who is good at statistics that can help me understand these concepts. If I can just figure out a way to memorize the formulas that would be a great help. I have to have this class for my degree and it is the one class that is hanging me up right now. I feel your pain! Please let me know if you find any good study resources!
Completed 2/09 - 5/13

RHIA Post-Bac Cert - Stephens - 5/13
MHA - Bellevue Univ - 3/12
BSHS - Excelsior 12/10
BSLS - Excelsior 3/10
ASLS - Excelsior 4/09

ECE - A&P - B
ECE - Found. of Gerontology - B
ECE - Ethics: Theory & Practice - B
ECE - Psych. of Adulthood & Aging - A
ECE - Social Psych. - B
ECE - Abnormal Psych. - B
ECE - HR Management - B
ECE - Research Methods of Psych. - B
ECE - Pathophysiology - A

CLEP - American Govt - 58
CLEP - Intro. to Sociology - 63
CLEP - A & I Lit - 70
DSST - Fund. of Counseling - A (65)
DSST - Org. Behavior - A (67)
DSST - Environment & Humanity - A (62)
DSST - Found. of Education - A (64)
DSST - Here's to Your Health - 461 (Pass)
DSST - Substance Abuse - 460 (Pass)
DSST - Principles of Supervision - A (61)
DSST - Lifespan Developmental Psych - A (59)
DSST - Criminal Justice - 443 (Pass)
DSST - MIS - 415 (Pass)
UExcel - Intro. to Psych (Beta)- Pass
ALEKS - College Alg, Stats
Straighterline - Medical Term, Pharmacology I & II
FEMA - PDS + more
Hey if you are at 58% would that be enough to pass the DSST Stats exam. I would take a look at the exam and see if it might be something that you could do.
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
c.hawk Wrote:Anybody good with Statistics? I need someone to get a 70% in my ALEKS assessment to pass the class, I can only get a 58%. I am willing to pay for assistance.

Thanks.

I'll do it for $20,000
just kidding! hilarious I have not learned stats yet, so I'd be of no help even for a million dollars.
But, I second the suggestion to go sit the DSST stats, worse case is that you don't pass, inwhich you are not in a worse situation than you are now! There is some level of randomness in the exams, so you could get lucky and get lost of the questions you an solve. I say go for it!!
c.hawk Wrote:Anybody good with Statistics? I need someone to get a 70% in my ALEKS assessment to pass the class, I can only get a 58%. I am willing to pay for assistance.

Thanks.

You realize you're asking people to cheat for you, right?

Hunker down, study, do more practice problems, but don't sacrifice your integrity for a stats class. Get a tutor; don't cheat your way to a passing grade...
M.S. University of Wisconsin-Platteville In Progress
M.S. University of Maryland University College 2011
B.S. Southern Illinois University, Carbondale 2008

CLEP's passed:
College Mathematics
English Composition (w/o essay)
Information Systems and Computer Applications
Natural Sciences
Social Sciences and History

DSST's passed:
Ethics in America

General Anthropology
I passed stats in about 3 days... once I finally hunkered down, and realized I didn't need 100% to get credit.

I had sat at 65% for weeks discouraged... and then I realized how close I was, and just got to it. I stayed up all night the last night, and took the assessment I dunno how many times, but I passed with a 73% (which is ALL the concepts I had done).

I have been where you are though, am there now in fact with Trig. I am ALMOST willing to pay someone, but I value my integrity too much. I had a tutor for a while, but they didn't understand how sensitive ALEKS is to notation and etc, so while I learned the concepts, I didn't learn the details apparently, and I ended up doing worse on my assessment than when I had gone it alone.

I am now at about 50% done on my trig, and over the next week I hope to finish it. Not too much longer now, just some more hard work.

You will get it.

Thanks.
>>

I had another suggestion if you are not yet doing it. When you learn a problem type, click explain and then print out the instructions. Keep a notebook handy, and when you take your assessments, you should be able to walk through everything you know with accuracy!
cookderosa Wrote:>>

I had another suggestion if you are not yet doing it. When you learn a problem type, click explain and then print out the instructions. Keep a notebook handy, and when you take your assessments, you should be able to walk through everything you know with accuracy!

I've used this approach, and it's basically the only thing that works for me. Costs some ink and paper, but gets me the credit, so Cool
I struggled w/this course mightily. Do what Cook says and you won't regret it. I copied an example of each type problem because some asked for less than, more than , over, exceeding, at least, etc. If it is that hard, and you are trying to get done, I just went ahead and copied each new question and moved to the next, making sure I had an example of each since you don't know how the assessment will ask it. That way, I could go back and reference specific problems from my notes. This helped me a lot. Not the way to do it if you want to LEARN IT, but it finally got me through it. Now, I have a "book" of stats notes if I ever need to reference (let's hope not).
Minute late, dollar short. Already been said.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intro to Criminal Justice & Speech Communication midnite123 11 986 01-04-2023, 12:32 AM
Last Post: karenkresgs
  Statistics RA credit available anywhere? echo64 7 807 12-11-2022, 02:46 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  Online Learning Statistics Alpha 0 520 07-14-2022, 08:11 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 7 1,006 05-20-2022, 06:53 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Intro to Sociology Jennr2z 8 1,077 05-11-2022, 11:14 PM
Last Post: Jennr2z
  College Graduation Statistics Alpha 0 562 11-29-2021, 02:37 PM
Last Post: Alpha
  Applied Business Statistics - alternative source? Vle045 6 1,053 08-02-2021, 05:16 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Udacity Intro to Cybersecurity nanodegree Cofffeee 7 1,378 07-30-2020, 09:39 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  SL Intro to Nutrition High_Order1 6 1,573 03-03-2020, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Lacedonia4
  Aleks Math for Liberal Arts Degree ragkrish 5 1,431 02-08-2020, 01:49 AM
Last Post: dfrecore