Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NC Promise Universities: Online Out-Of-State Students $189.02/credit ($53.88 Instate)
Online In-State students: $53.88/credit ($161.64/ 3 SH online).
Online Out-Of-State Students $189.02/credit ($756.08/ 3 SH online).
Through NC Promise, the state will significantly reduce student tuition cost at three UNC system institutions – Elizabeth City State University, The University of North Carolina at Pembroke, and Western Carolina University – beginning in Fall 2018.
https://ncpromise.com/
https://www.wcu.edu/apply/distance-onlin...tance.aspx

As a Reference:
As an online Out-Of-State Students Fayetteville Technical Community College (NC) the cost is $292.33/credit ($877.00/ 3 SH online).  16% more expensive than the NC Promise 3 Universities.

Two of these universities have Emergency Management degrees. Big Grin
These are Real B&M Universities (at least one plays Div I football)
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

[-] The following 1 user Likes Life Long Learning's post:
  • greencouch
Just an FYI, Elizabeth State is not yet experienced as offering courses via distance learning and as far as I can tell, there are no fully online degrees through them (yet) but Fayetteville, for those interested, is an Alternative Credit Project member. With the close of that program, I don't know if they will honor those who already have credits through ACP or not- but if someone finds out, please share.

For NC high school students, you can complete your full AA or AS degree via distance learning or in person for $0 tuition through Career and College Promise. A full guaranteed perfect transfer allows you to start any of the above Promise schools as a JUNIOR and then use the $500/semester tuition for a TOTAL BACHELOR'S DEGREE cost of $2000. If you are a NC resident but not a high school student, it is probably cheaper to do a Promise school from scratch, ($4000) however, the way to slide your CLEP credit into one of these 3 is to do it inside of the AA or AS which locks it down. Rack rate at NC community colleges in state is $76, so $4500 before CLEP. NC community colleges do not take ACE with the exception of Fayetteville's ACP agreement. For out of state students, an AA or AS does not guarantee transfer as a junior and CLEP credit is not laundered in.
Interesting. I wish that Texas and all of its hugeness would do something like this.
We are all on the same side here, trying to better our lives....so let's get along and help each other out. 

Learn a trade. Gain technical skills. Make money, then use this money to get a degree...if you have the desire. 

[-] The following 1 user Likes icampy's post:
  • msganti
(05-12-2018, 02:42 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Just an FYI, Elizabeth State is not yet experienced as offering courses via distance learning and as far as I can tell, there are no fully online degrees through them (yet) but Fayetteville, for those interested, is an Alternative Credit Project member.  With the close of that program, I don't know if they will honor those who already have credits through ACP or not- but if someone finds out, please share.

For NC high school students, you can complete your full AA or AS degree via distance learning or in person for $0 tuition through Career and College Promise.  A full guaranteed perfect transfer allows you to start any of the above Promise schools as a JUNIOR and then use the $500/semester tuition for a TOTAL BACHELOR'S DEGREE cost of $2000.  If you are a NC resident but not a high school student, it is probably cheaper to do a Promise school from scratch, ($4000) however, the way to slide your CLEP credit into one of these 3 is to do it inside of the AA or AS which locks it down.  Rack rate at NC community colleges in state is $76, so $4500 before CLEP.  NC community colleges do not take ACE with the exception of Fayetteville's ACP agreement.  For out of state students, an AA or AS does not guarantee transfer as a junior and CLEP credit is not laundered in.

You talking about Fayetteville State or Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC)?
Non-Traditional Undergraduate College Credits (634 SH): *FTCC Noncourse Credits (156 SH) *DSST (78 SH) *CPL (64 SH) *JST Military/ACE (48 SH) *CBA (44 SH) *CLEP (42 SH) *FEMA IS (40 SH) *FEMA EM (38 SH) *ECE/UExcel (30 SH) *PLA Portfolio (28 SH) *EMI/ACE (19 SH) *TEEX/ACE (16 SH) *CWE (11 SH) *NFA/ACE (10 SH) *Kaplan/ACE (3 SH) *CPC (2 SH) *AICP/ACE (2 SH) *Sophia/ACE (2 SH) and *FRTI-UM/ACE (1 SH).
Non-Traditional Graduate College Credits (14 SH): AMU (6 SH); NFHS (5 SH); and JSU (3 SH).

(05-12-2018, 02:42 PM)cookderosa Wrote: Just an FYI, Elizabeth State is not yet experienced as offering courses via distance learning and as far as I can tell, there are no fully online degrees through them (yet) but Fayetteville, for those interested, is an Alternative Credit Project member.  With the close of that program, I don't know if they will honor those who already have credits through ACP or not- but if someone finds out, please share.

For NC high school students, you can complete your full AA or AS degree via distance learning or in person for $0 tuition through Career and College Promise.  A full guaranteed perfect transfer allows you to start any of the above Promise schools as a JUNIOR and then use the $500/semester tuition for a TOTAL BACHELOR'S DEGREE cost of $2000.  If you are a NC resident but not a high school student, it is probably cheaper to do a Promise school from scratch, ($4000) however, the way to slide your CLEP credit into one of these 3 is to do it inside of the AA or AS which locks it down.  Rack rate at NC community colleges in state is $76, so $4500 before CLEP.  NC community colleges do not take ACE with the exception of Fayetteville's ACP agreement.  For out of state students, an AA or AS does not guarantee transfer as a junior and CLEP credit is not laundered in.

The only thing I'd add is that the distance education programs at WCU and UNCP are both bachelor completion programs. They expect you to have already completed your LL credits (or an AA or AS) before joining the program. The only way to finish your entire degree through NC Promise is to attend in person. There's also alot of speculation as to how long the program will last. It's funded through this academic year, but whether it continues to receive funding in future years is an open question.
[-] The following 3 users Like alexf.1990's post:
  • cookderosa, Life Long Learning, Yenisei
(05-12-2018, 05:44 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:

You talking about Fayetteville State or Fayetteville Technical Community College (FTCC)?

FSU Fayetteville State University was a ACP member when it was up and running.

(05-13-2018, 12:26 PM)alexf.1990 Wrote:

The only thing I'd add is that the distance education programs at WCU and UNCP are both bachelor completion programs. They expect you to have already completed your LL credits (or an AA or AS) before joining the program. The only way to finish your entire degree through NC Promise is to attend in person. There's also alot of speculation as to how long the program will last. It's funded through this academic year, but whether it continues to receive funding in future years is an open question.

Why would you have to attend in person? If you have an AA or AS from NC, it's a perfect transfer. If you have an AA/AS from out of state it would be evaluated for transfer - but I would be really interested to read something that specifically requires one to physically attend campus. I haven't heard that yet.
(05-14-2018, 06:25 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 05:44 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:

Why would you have to attend in person?  If you have an AA or AS from NC, it's a perfect transfer.  If you have an AA/AS from out of state it would be evaluated for transfer - but I would be really interested to read something that specifically requires one to physically attend campus. I haven't heard that yet.

Sorry for the confusion. I only meant that the online programs don't offer LL credits. You'll have to transfer in with an AA or AS in order to graduate if you plan on only using the distance education courses at these schools. If you are attending in person. you won't have this limitation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes alexf.1990's post:
  • Life Long Learning
(05-14-2018, 08:55 AM)alexf.1990 Wrote:
(05-14-2018, 06:25 AM)cookderosa Wrote:
(05-12-2018, 05:44 PM)Life Long Learning Wrote:

Why would you have to attend in person?  If you have an AA or AS from NC, it's a perfect transfer.  If you have an AA/AS from out of state it would be evaluated for transfer - but I would be really interested to read something that specifically requires one to physically attend campus. I haven't heard that yet.

Sorry for the confusion. I only meant that the online programs don't offer LL credits. You'll have to transfer in with an AA or AS in order to graduate if you plan on only using the distance education courses at these schools. If you are attending in person. you won't have this limitation.

Oh cool! Thanks.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 12 780 04-20-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Credit Banking & cheap/free credits - Asking for a friend SweetSecret 7 1,529 04-06-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: Rubeferry18
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 286 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
Exclamation How many colleges and universities have closed since 2016? Ares 0 175 03-25-2024, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Ares
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 418 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,407 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 345 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,791 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
Lightbulb ASU to Launch a Free Global Initiative and enroll 100 million students MNomadic 203 30,155 03-11-2024, 10:55 AM
  Eastern University Self-Paced online Degrees natshar 2 768 03-06-2024, 10:03 PM
Last Post: jumlouh