Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Journey - TESU BA Computer Science
I felt my grader was pretty lenient on the Systems Analysis paper (unlike 2 of my non-CS Study.com paper graders).

After the OD Python course (and finishing Robotics and Cybersecurity there for fun), I may not work on this degree for a while. I decided not to try PLA or a summer CC course for Data Structures.

Besides OD Python I have to do these:
- Study.com Computer Architecture
- Data Structures, may wait for Study.com
- anything to get 2 more UL credits, may wait for Study.com
- Capstone

Should I do Study.com Comp Architecture first or OD Python... or it doesn't matter? I don't think I'll have more time until August. I already did the easy half of Python, but I would need to relearn syntax since it's been months since I touched it. Comp Arch seems much harder to me.

Wow, it ended up being over 6 months break from OD Python. I am not done with it, but hopefully I will be soon. I posted some of my thoughts on this course at https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid293932 and will probably post more when I finish.

I took the Python (Intro to Programming) final and it was easier than I expected. Overall I wish I had stressed less about the course, but I had read other people's feedback and decided it's better to be safe than sorry.

The OD Robotics final was easier than expected as well. That course was fun, especially since I didn't feel pressured to score well on the final.

I'm starting to think about Capstone topics. I want a topic that involves both Bio and CompSci if I find one that I like. I may start the Capstone in Jan or Feb, or I may wait longer.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Ideas's post:
  • camjenks
(08-02-2019, 12:53 PM)Ideas Wrote: I took the Python (Intro to Programming) final and it was easier than I expected. Overall I wish I had stressed less about the course, but I had read other people's feedback and decided it's better to be safe than sorry.

The OD Robotics final was easier than expected as well. That course was fun, especially since I didn't feel pressured to score well on the final.

I'm starting to think about Capstone topics. I want a topic that involves both Bio and CompSci if I find one that I like. I may start the Capstone in Jan or Feb, or I may wait longer.

Hey, I just wanted to suggest a website that might be useful for your capstone, but not sure what your desired topic is. I did research in Mathematical Biology at a local university when I was at community college and we used this website:

https://physionet.org/physiobank/database/

Which contains many datasets for physiological signal measurements. For my project, we read the data into pandas dataframes in Python and did some data analysis on it, so perhaps you may find something that piques your interest!
BS in Data Science & Analytics and BA in Computer Science and Mathematics at TESU (June 2019 to June 2020)
In-progress:
MS in Cybersecurity at NYU (January 2021 to December 2022?)
MCIT in Information Security and Assurance at NAU (September 2020 to March 2021)
(08-06-2019, 10:58 AM)amaquiling Wrote: Hey, I just wanted to suggest a website that might be useful for your capstone, but not sure what your desired topic is. I did research in Mathematical Biology at a local university when I was at community college and we used this website:

https://physionet.org/physiobank/database/

Which contains many datasets for physiological signal measurements. For my project, we read the data into pandas dataframes in Python and did some data analysis on it, so perhaps you may find something that piques your interest!

Thanks! I have no ideas yet Smile

@Ideas so a practical project.

Like me I would have done some embedded system that aids in plant growth and measursement or something like that

Or how about a robot to monitor plant diseases!? Thats a cool project.

Here check my blog, you might get some ideas for the power system, differential drive and what not:

https://trinirobotics.com

What about something with muscle sensor measurements? EEG or ECG? Or brainwaves for control? The possiblities are endless!
GRADUATE

Master of Business Administration, Robert Cavelier University (2024-2025)

MS Information and Communication Technology (UK IET Accredited) (On Hold)
Master of Theological Studies, Nations University (6 cr)

UNDERGRAD : 184 Credits

BA Computer Science, TESU  '19
BA Liberal Studies, TESU  '19
AS  Natural Science and Mathematics, TESU  '19

StraighterLine (27 Cr)   Shmoop (18 Cr)  Sophia (11 Cr)
TEEX (5 Cr) Aleks (9 Cr)  ED4Credit (3 Cr) CPCU (2 Cr)   Study.com (39 Cr)

TESU (4 cr)
TT B&M (46 Cr)  Nations University  (9 cr)  UoPeople: (3 cr) Penn Foster: (8 cr)  

[-] The following 1 user Likes armstrongsubero's post:
  • Ideas
I called today, was told the capstone does not count as an AOS UL credit
(08-09-2019, 11:56 AM)Salamander Wrote: I called today, was told the capstone does not count as an AOS UL credit

Seems like forum members were always saying "18 UL including the Capstone", but it's almost the same if it's officially "15 UL" and the Capstone is separate.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Business 421 capstone | TESU | Tips from our members akr680 16 2,312 6 hours ago
Last Post: TopHatWombat
  Applying for a Master's in Computer Science with undergraduate degree from TESU DONG 9 525 04-11-2024, 03:27 PM
Last Post: spohara
  Cheapest/Fastest way to get TESU transcript only for ACE credits without degree cpaisannoying123 7 453 04-08-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: PLEX
Exclamation Doing a TESU BS Information Technology Degree in One Term Is Now Possible! LevelUP 7 477 04-05-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Has someone transferred Study.com science corses with labs and correctly transfered etwelding2019 2 321 04-04-2024, 10:10 AM
  TESU TECEP® APS-1000-TE Medical Terminology emmaya 6 258 04-02-2024, 10:56 PM
Information TESU Debuts New Logo jch 21 1,228 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: jg_nuy
  BSN Grant opportunity at TESU indigoshuffle 2 233 03-31-2024, 01:38 AM
  TESU Second degree jakill2 7 375 03-30-2024, 12:48 PM
  ASNSM in Computer Science and TEEX Cybersecurity? Shorn27 2 430 03-18-2024, 09:28 AM
Last Post: rachel83az