Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My "I'm done" thread!!!!
I can't believe I can finally say it - but I'm DONE!!!! This board has been an amazing, incredible support system. The specific feedback area helped me figure out what worked for other people, and helped me not stress so much. (I would say it made me not stress, but there've been storms in the area lately and I don't want to chance a lightning striking). hilarious

I have taken all the cleps I needed. Since the school year started, I have earned 24 regular "brick & mortar" hours, and 27 clep hours. Yep - 51 hours in 10 about ten months while working full time and raising a family. I have 2 mini session classes at my b&m school left so I can finish meeting my residency requirement. One finishes on 7.10 and the other on 7.28. I will have my diploma in August, but will walk in a December commencement. I have to admit that when I got to fill out my application for graduation and it asked what name I wanted on my diploma, my heart fluttered. I can't believe that I am actually to this point.

I saved my hardest clep test for last - and it was a must pass in order to graduate. If I had to do everything over again, I would have taken it earlier in my rotation. I think it would have meant less stress for me. I'm not going to complain though! Luckily for me, I had some comp time coming to me at work, so I had all day for last minute studying. As if I needed some last minute stress, I got stuck in traffic and it took me 2 hours to get to my testing center (I always try to allow myself an extra hour there for last minute review.) I walked in 5 minutes late - and there are signs everywhere about how if you're late you'll have to reschedule. I just smiled, said I'm really sorry but I was stuck in traffic for almost 2 hours, is there anyway I can still take it? The first guy said "I don't think so, we normally don't let anyone start late" but his supervisor looked up, saw it was me, and said "SHE can." When I hit the report scores, I was holding my breath. I thought I'd done well, but when I saw the 64 pop up on the screen I almost passed out. I was actually dizzy with relief, and had a hard time walking out to get my printout. In fact, I made the supervisor tell me again what I'd gotten! (I'm really going to miss the regular staff at the testing center).

I've said myself over 2 years over how long I thought it would take, and saved myself just under $10,000.

Thank you to everyone for all the support, suggestions, and for allowing me to vent when needed. If I can do it, so can you! And when you get discouraged, go read the post your scores posting. It will remind you that you can do it!
Smile Cleps:
Introduction Business Law 65
Principles of Management 70
Principles of Marketing 71
A&I Literature 68
American Lit 59
Educational Psychology 68
Social sciences & history 65
Western Civilization I 64

What lies before us and what lies behind us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
Thanks for the encouragement...Congrats on finishing!!hilarious
What great news. Keep up the good work.
Happy Completion to you...
[SIZE="4"]Nick[/SIZE]

CC:
Principles of Macroeconomics
Principles of Microeconomics
Music Fundamentals
Computer Literacy

[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Taken:
English Composition w/ Essay CLEP 57
Analyzing and Interpreting Literature CLEP 65
Introductory Psychology CLEP 57
Western Civilization I CLEP 55[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Studying for:
Principles of Management
American Government
Congratulations! Way to perservere!
Finished in December, 2008 with my BSBA from TESC

Current events dialogue @SamRust on Twitter
[SIZE="5"]Great Job! [/SIZE]Hope you'll keep us posted on your progress. Best of luck to you!
[SIZE="2"][COLOR="DarkBlue"]B.S., Biology, Excelsior College
[/COLOR]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE="7"]CONGRATULATIONS!!!![/SIZE]
[SIZE="6"]~~ Alissa~~[/SIZE]
[size="4"]"Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right." - - Henry Ford[/size]
[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"][SIZE="2"]DONE:
BS Liberal Studies, Excelsior College May 2009
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
Current website favorite:
http://www.careeronestop.org/
Great job!!! I miss the testing center people also!Smile
Excelsior - BS Business 2008
Son #1 TESC BSBA Computer Information Systems completed June 2010
Son #2 TESC BA Computer Science completed November 2010 Currently in Florida State (FSU) Masters CS program and loving it
Excellent job! CONGRATS!!!!!! Smile
"I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself, than be crowded on a velvet cushion."~ Henry David

BA Humanities - TESC
AAS Construction and Facilities Support - TESC
AA Interior Design - MCC
AA LS - MCC
Certificate Interior Design - MCC
Certificate Management - MCC
Great job on the degree! (And on passing your hardest CLEP with flying colors!)
[SIZE="1"]American Government (68) ~ Analyzing & Interpreting Literature (70) ~ Art of the Western World (72) ~ Astronomy (66) ~ ENG407: Chaucer (A) ~ Civil War & Reconstruction (69) ~ College Algebra (62) ~ College Mathematics (73) ~ College Writing (A) ~ English Composition with Essay (59) ~ GRE Literature in English (610/73%tile) ~ Humanities (75) ~ Introduction to Business (62) ~ Introduction to Computing (459) ~ Introduction to Educational Psychology (72) ~ Introduction to World Religions (478) ~ Introductory Psychology (74) ~ Money & Banking (48) ~ Research & Writing (A) ~ Rise & Fall of the Soviet Union (68) ~ ENG 310: Short Stories (A) ~ Introductory Sociology (77) ~ Social Sciences & History (76) ~ Technical Writing (67) ~ US History I (69) ~ US History II (64) ~ Western Civilization I (76) ~ Western Civilization II (65) Western Europe Since 1945 (65) ~ Exam Feedback

Total Credits: 121 ~ DONE: Literature in English BA from Excelsior College[/SIZE]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Test Specific thread dewisant 7 512 01-30-2024, 04:07 PM
Last Post: dewisant
  Help finding a thread (or info) on FAFS reconsideration based on lower 2020 income studyingfortests 2 639 11-15-2021, 01:32 PM
Last Post: studyingfortests
  Another Thanks Thread Clepking100 2 1,121 08-07-2020, 04:15 PM
Last Post: Clepking100
  Struggle Thread jcooke 15 2,500 05-26-2020, 09:34 AM
Last Post: lillingworth
  New thread RodeRuner 0 940 04-07-2019, 09:32 AM
Last Post: RodeRuner
  Journey Thread -- BS Cybersecurity quigongene 106 25,867 01-26-2019, 12:39 PM
Last Post: quigongene
  No degree to MBA-HR in 20 months - Nodaclu's Progress Thread Nodaclu 155 27,391 01-11-2019, 01:19 AM
Last Post: alab21
Exclamation New accountability and progress thread! Lewis.Yim 4 1,623 08-05-2018, 08:53 PM
Last Post: eriehiker
  Patten University Undergrad I/O Psychology Progress Thread Nodaclu 17 3,582 03-19-2018, 10:00 PM
Last Post: jsd
Big Grin My "I'm Done" Thread bmoyer83 17 4,434 12-23-2017, 10:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77