Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multiple Choice or Short PowerPoint / Projects
That's correct! Writing is a part of college, I mean, even if you don't take the intro to writing courses in the earlier parts of college, you'll get classes in the major that requires you to write in that subject matter. I think of it as a pro instead of a con, as it allows you to display or showcase what you know and in your own words, when you write. Most institutions have a capstone, UMPI doesn't, you have what is 'lesser' than say Excelsior or TESU where the capstone itself may equal all 10 classes required at UMPI for residency combined.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
(04-05-2024, 01:02 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: That's correct! Writing is a part of college, I mean, even if you don't take the intro to writing courses in the earlier parts of college, you'll get classes in the major that requires you to write in that subject matter.  I think of it as a pro instead of a con, as it allows you to display or showcase what you know and in your own words, when you write.  Most institutions have a capstone, UMPI doesn't, you have what is 'lesser' than say Excelsior or TESU where the capstone itself may equal all 10 classes required at UMPI for residency combined.

Right! I guess I'm just baffled that math will have written finals lol. I love math, but not enough to write about it lol. I also love projects that are hands on or creative. 

I'll just take what I get. Hope to find some classes I'll enjoy to make writing more fun.
Pierpont Community and Technical College - BOG A.A.S. Spring 2022 
University of Maine at Presque Isle - BLS with a Concentration in Management (In Progress)
Course Breakdown: Local Technical College: 21 Credits, Sophia Learning: 73 CreditsStudy.com: In Progress, UMPI: In Progress
I want to say thank you to EVERYONE for their assistance. You all are awesome!
I don't think anyone here has bothered to take things like Algebra from UMPI in a loooong time. Why bother with that, when Sophia is easy/fast. Algebra might still have a multiple choice exam, IIRC, but none of the non-GEC courses do. MAT140 and the fiinance/accounting classes (from my understanding) have practical math. Like, you have to write a quarterly report with income/projected income. Or something along those lines. It's more than just making sure that you can add 2+2 = 5. Big Grin
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
(04-05-2024, 08:21 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I don't think anyone here has bothered to take things like Algebra from UMPI in a loooong time. Why bother with that, when Sophia is easy/fast. Algebra might still have a multiple choice exam, IIRC, but none of the non-GEC courses do. MAT140 and the fiinance/accounting classes (from my understanding) have practical math. Like, you have to write a quarterly report with income/projected income. Or something along those lines. It's more than just making sure that you can add 2+2 = 5. Big Grin

Haha, right on. Just trying to figure it out. Won my appeal last year but lost financial aid in the process, so I took time away to save money to pay out of pocket. Trying to find the fastest courses to make sure I use my money best as possible. Goal is to go and pay for 2 terms and be done. I don't think I can afford 3 especially since I'm dropping a part time to go back.
University of Maine at Presque Isle - BLS with a Concentration in Management (In Progress)
Course Breakdown: Local Technical College: 21 Credits, Sophia Learning: 73 CreditsStudy.com: In Progress, UMPI: In Progress
Did you review the threads on how people were able to get things done in 1 term? You have to know how to get all your cards ready and systematically complete assessments or assignments. You've got this, it doesn't mean you have to rush things and finish in a session, its more study habits and time management to get things done in an orderly fashion, two sessions should be fine.

(04-05-2024, 09:26 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Did you review the threads on how people were able to get things done in 1 term?  You have to know how to get all your cards ready and systematically complete assessments or assignments.  You've got this, it doesn't mean you have to rush things and finish in a session, its more study habits and time management to get things done in an orderly fashion, two sessions should be fine.
I will go back and review some threads. I seen a few but didn't see much detail so I stopped reading them. I guess whenever I get a new audit I'll be able to plan better.

I know for sure I'm grabbing that new Bus Ethics from Sophia.
Here's just two of a few threads, #1 also has the 3-4 MAOL classes that can transfer into the MAOL
1) https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...in-10-days
2) https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...-in-8-days

(04-05-2024, 08:21 AM)rachel83az Wrote: I don't think anyone here has bothered to take things like Algebra from UMPI in a loooong time. Why bother with that, when Sophia is easy/fast. Algebra might still have a multiple choice exam, IIRC, but none of the non-GEC courses do. MAT140 and the fiinance/accounting classes (from my understanding) have practical math. Like, you have to write a quarterly report with income/projected income. Or something along those lines. It's more than just making sure that you can add 2+2 = 5. Big Grin

There are no exams at UMPI. The math courses have math problems which write out and show the work step by step.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ss20ts's post:
  • Pikachu

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Multiple Minors with BLS RachelB 3 185 Today, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Chankosumo
  Short Upper Level Electives - Need 4 more classes galileom 16 2,073 09-09-2023, 10:30 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Multiple choice exam on final assessments twy2024 21 2,882 03-02-2023, 10:32 AM
Last Post: kidneysmasher
  UMPI Multiple Minor - Inquiry bjcheung77 31 5,741 10-31-2022, 11:22 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Multiple Choice Exams umpistudent 3 694 09-21-2022, 10:48 PM
Last Post: KSoul
  Upper Level Classes with Multiple Choice Finals? umpistudent 2 678 08-25-2022, 01:12 PM
Last Post: ss20ts
  Consideration - Length of time UMPI Professors take to grade papers and projects CCCC 10 1,802 04-13-2022, 09:30 AM
  Multiple discrepancies in transfer evaluation report path_seeker 4 745 03-08-2022, 05:42 PM
  Which classes in business Maggie have multiple choice exams? studyspo.dreaming 14 1,755 02-09-2022, 12:16 PM
Last Post: Miyabi