Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plan eval and new user help
TESU's IT degree cannot be done via Alt-credit; I would suggest WGU instead.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-06-2022, 05:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU's IT degree cannot be done via Alt-credit; I would suggest WGU instead.

I thought about WGU but decided on TESU since im in NJ. Still, I might give WGU a second look. Are there any Chem/Phys labs 1 and 2 that work for the TESU degree? Maybe Sophia's new courses?
(12-06-2022, 07:52 PM)faptaincrunch Wrote:
(12-06-2022, 05:01 PM)dfrecore Wrote: TESU's IT degree cannot be done via Alt-credit; I would suggest WGU instead.

I thought about WGU but decided on TESU since im in NJ. Still, I might give WGU a second look. Are there any Chem/Phys labs 1 and 2 that work for the TESU degree? Maybe Sophia's new courses?

You could take Study.com's

• Physics 111: Physics I
  • Physics 112: Physics II
And then take your Physics Labs at TESU or take the Physics I lab at SL and the Physics II lab at TESU

You could take Straighterline's
  • Physics I
  • Physics I Lab
And then take Physics II at SDC, then the Physics II lab at TESU

Just depends on whether you like SL or prefer SDC as to which you choose.

But the main issue at TESU is not the science w/labs (although it's a hurdle); your main problem is the major courses - they take almost nothing alt-credit wise for the major, so you have to take everything through TESU, which is a very expensive proposition; I think it makes the degree close to $20k, which is not worth it IMHO.  I'd go elsewhere for sure.  They're just not a good enough school to fork out that kind of cash.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
(12-11-2022, 03:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

And then take your Physics Labs at TESU or take the Physics I lab at SL and the Physics II lab at TESU

• Physics I
  • Physics I Lab

But the main issue at TESU is not the science w/labs (although it's a hurdle); your main problem is the major courses - they take almost nothing alt-credit wise for the major, so you have to take everything through TESU, which is a very expensive proposition; I think it makes the degree close to $20k, which is not worth it IMHO.  I'd go elsewhere for sure.  They're just not a good enough school to fork out that kind of cash.
Thank you for the science class options! With my degree plan I have 9 (8 with the science options) classes total I'd have to take at TESU. Factoring in 2 terms at the flat rate (in state) I'm somewhere in the $7-9k range with grad fees. Since I'd need to take 9 classes that should also waive the residency fee. To me it sounds reasonable unless im missing a big "gotcha" somewhere?
(12-11-2022, 06:35 PM)faptaincrunch Wrote:
(12-11-2022, 03:07 PM)dfrecore Wrote:

• Physics I
  • Physics I Lab

Thank you for the science class options! With my degree plan I have 9 (8 with the science options) classes total I'd have to take at TESU. Factoring in 2 terms at the flat rate (in state) I'm somewhere in the $7-9k range with grad fees. Since I'd need to take 9 classes that should also waive the residency fee. To me it sounds reasonable unless im missing a big "gotcha" somewhere?

Josh Madakor's original plan for the IT TESU degree was around 20k to complete. You now have a much better plan. 

You are correct that it would come to around 9k with two 3-month terms at TESU, which is reasonable.

Considering a butt-in-seat college might take 50k and five years to do, that is a lot of savings in both time and money.
Degrees: BA Computer Science, BS Business Administration with a concentration in CIS, AS Natural Science & Math, TESU. 4.0 GPA 2022.
Course Experience:  CLEP, Instantcert, Sophia.org, Study.com, Straighterline.com, Onlinedegree.org, Saylor.org, Csmlearn.com, and TEL Learning.
Certifications: W3Schools PHP, Google IT Support, Google Digital Marketing, Google Project Management
(12-11-2022, 06:35 PM)faptaincrunch Wrote: Thank you for the science class options! With my degree plan I have 9 (8 with the science options) classes total I'd have to take at TESU. Factoring in 2 terms at the flat rate (in state) I'm somewhere in the $7-9k range with grad fees. Since I'd need to take 9 classes that should also waive the residency fee. To me it sounds reasonable unless im missing a big "gotcha" somewhere?

2 12-week terms with 5 courses in 1 term and 4 courses in the other, including the capstone - that's going to be a rough few months!  Especially if you're taking all UL major courses?  Maybe think about taking a month off between terms, so that if you need an extension for a class, you can get that without affecting any subsequent courses.

I'd probably also take both Physics courses at SDC, and then both labs at TESU - one each term.  If you took the lab at SL, it's $99 for a month of membership, then $49 for the course, then $163 for the lab kit; whereas if you took it at TESU, it's included in the price of the term, and then $136 for the lab kit.  You save money just going through TESU.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Stretch Degree Plan Help TESU BSBA Sargoththemino 3 76 Today, 12:50 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Electronics Engineering degree plan advice trailbounder 5 392 03-18-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: davewill
  BACS Plan Verification mrobel 4 412 01-18-2024, 12:49 PM
Information Advice on BS CIS Degree plan SaberTronnN 17 1,340 01-12-2024, 11:12 PM
  BA Religion plan now on wiki rachel83az 6 561 10-26-2023, 11:12 PM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Possible Degree Plan - BA English aperantosbias 10 709 09-16-2023, 02:22 PM
  TESU Bachelor to Masters Program Plan Cheap and Fast? Sargoththemino 9 935 09-13-2023, 06:52 PM
Last Post: jch
Question my CS degree study plan: need help Felisa 33 2,472 09-10-2023, 09:17 PM
Question My current degree plan for BACS, any suggestions elcastor21 7 733 08-28-2023, 12:33 PM
Last Post: elcastor21
  16 Credit Term Plan what do you think? mt_1994 6 751 03-20-2023, 01:51 PM