Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Management Information Systems DSST
Hey Everybody!

I just joined IC yesterday with 1 goal..to PASS the MIS DSST on 29 July! I am in the USAF and am 1 credit away from obtaining my CCAF (Associate's Degree through the Air Force). I already have my bachelor's degree, but this extra degree will help with my resume, especially because I'm getting out and joining the civilian world in Feb Smile I already attempted to take the Information Systems and Computer Applications CLEP a few months ago and failed by a few points. I have no experience with computer related courses, so for the next month I plan on doing whatever it takes to pass this last MIS DSST. IF anyone has any tips, has recently taken the MIS DSST, has any leads on study materials (other than the flashcards and specific exam feedback), or any study plan that worked for you..PLEASE help me out! Thanks so much
Have you checked the specific exam feedback for this test? That would be the first place to check if you are a paying IC member.
Have you tried the Intro to Computing DSST yet? It's pass rate is higher than IS&CA and MIS, and it should fill the same requirement. Besides the flashcards and specific exam feedback, Free Clep Prep is always a good place to check out. You could also look up flash cards on quizlet and cram by typing "management information systems dsst flashcards" into google. Since you are military, you should also have access to DOD Libraries which has study guides and practice tests
TESU BSBA in General Management
CCAF AAS in Computer Science Technology

Resources used:  CLEP, DSST,
Penn Foster, Sophia, StraighterLine, TEEX, NFA, ALEKS, The Institutes
Besides hitting the feedback forum and the flashcards for this, check out your base library (if it hasn't been shuttered yet; mine's going away Oct), as a lot of the recommended textbooks from free-clep-prep.com are also available from there (I got several study materials for the 13 courses or so I've clepped from the base library).
BGSU_Alum_86 -Yes I did check the specific exam feedback. I went through every single post and printed out any useful study material and the study guides that some of the very helpful members posted.

jmeitrem -Yes I took the Intro to Computing DSST about a year ago and luckily passed by 4 points..phewww. I also printed out the "printable" practice test from the Peterson's website that you provided the link to and plan to take the 3 practice tests as my test date gets closer. (It's on 29 July)..I'm giving myself a solid 3 weeks for my brain to try to absorb this foreign material and endless acronyms. I also printed out the Quizlet that one of the members provided in a link from the "specific exam feedback". Thank you for the advice!

OfficerA -I plan on heading to the library tomorrow, fortunately ours is still open, at least for a few days a week. I believe they only have the old "Rudman's Questions and Answers on the DANTES SUBJECT STANDARDIZED TESTS" book, which I wasn't sure if I should use as a study source..(some of the posts I read, said that it is extremely outdated and to avoid it), but it's worth a look at least. I appreciate the feedback!
Hi, I took it about a year ago with just the IC flashcards. I have a basic understanding of computers, nothing major and I did not find it to be a difficult test. I also took the Intro to computers DSST and they weren't too different from what I recall. IC and the study guides should be enough to get you there. Good luck!
This person failed the CLEP for Information Systems and Applications and barely passed the DSST for Intro to Computing. This is not an easy subject for the OP, so maybe he/she needs more than the IC flashcards and feedback forum.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Help with Coopersmith's (PSY-304) History and Systems of Psychology Ben2020 14 2,561 04-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Last Post: Msecool123
  Systems Engineering Certification NotJoeBiden 3 276 03-31-2024, 02:11 AM
Last Post: Chimera
  So... I decided doing a UK Level 5 on Information Technology, here's why elcastor21 15 1,013 03-09-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Project Management Training: ENEB, Google or others? JPN 9 2,419 12-08-2023, 06:34 PM
Last Post: nykorn
  Metropolia Transition to Bachelor of Engineering in Information Technology aleksa 10 1,549 11-09-2023, 03:36 PM
Last Post: aleksa
  TECEP Operations Management colinsr 4 586 10-09-2023, 11:06 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Distance Learning Information and Conversation Discord Server ThatBankDude 5 824 06-28-2023, 08:35 PM
Last Post: xianbd
  Alternatives for basic computer and information literacy dscat 7 829 02-28-2023, 10:23 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Art of the Western World, Has anyone taken the DSST? jessjoy23 26 6,457 02-13-2023, 11:29 PM
Last Post: Danielcraig007
  7 Time-Management Tips for Online College Students LevelUP 0 477 02-08-2023, 04:34 PM
Last Post: LevelUP