Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MSK9's Medical School Thread & Guide
(08-14-2023, 01:49 AM)AlvinG Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 03:48 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
adrianeraldo Wrote:Any updates? I've been following this post and is very interesting...

@adrianeraldo, Please review this post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid395061

What happened to OP? Are they okay? Looks like things were going great and then they disappeared.

I suspect they don't have a lot of free time with medical school, residency, etc...
Amberton University
- MS Human Relations and Business - 2022
Thomas Edison State University (TESU)
- BSBA General Management - 2018
- ASNSM Computer Science -2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes allvia's post:
  • MSK9
(08-14-2023, 12:11 PM)allvia Wrote:
(08-14-2023, 01:49 AM)AlvinG Wrote:
(06-18-2023, 03:48 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote:
adrianeraldo Wrote:Any updates? I've been following this post and is very interesting...

@adrianeraldo, Please review this post: https://www.degreeforum.net/mybb/Thread-...#pid395061

What happened to OP? Are they okay? Looks like things were going great and then they disappeared.

I suspect they don't have a lot of free time with medical school, residency
Drinking and partying at their Caribbean school??? Haha. I’ve known a few to complete Hospital rotations while being pregnant. I highly doubt they’re too busy for a 3 minute update… 
Medical school is challenging, but you very much still do have a life.
[-] The following 1 user Likes AlvinG's post:
  • MSK9
Maybe they'll give an update sooner or later, it seems the OP is on the last year (4th year) and may be doing clinical rotations and will hit residency anytime soon after graduation! They're most likely working on match-ups with hospitals and what not for their rotations and prepping for residency right after, busy times, they'll update whenever...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like bjcheung77's post:
  • allvia, MSK9
(08-15-2023, 03:40 AM)bjcheung77 Wrote: Maybe they'll give an update sooner or later, it seems the OP is on the last year (4th year) and may be doing clinical rotations and will hit residency anytime soon after graduation!  They're most likely working on match-ups with hospitals and what not for their rotations and prepping for residency right after, busy times, they'll update whenever...
I’m excited for that!!! They are kicking butt and taking names accomplishing this haha.
  • MSK9
(08-14-2023, 10:35 PM)AlvinG Wrote: Drinking and partying at their Caribbean school??? Haha. I’ve known a few to complete Hospital rotations while being pregnant. I highly doubt they’re too busy for a 3 minute update… 

You might be surprised. Nonetheless, I'm still around. Been crazy busy with clerkships but things are good. Hectic, but good. Students are only on the island for the first two years. Years 3 and 4 are Stateside or in the UK (depending on preference) for clinical clerkships. I apologize for missing a bunch of new posts; been trying to keep my eye on the prize. I finish the program next year.
Doctor of Medicine candidate (MD) - anticipated complete '24
[-] The following 5 users Like MSK9's post:
  • allvia, indigoshuffle, Jonathan Whatley, lumina, rachel83az
Dr. MSK9 soon !

congrats !
[-] The following 1 user Likes nyvrem's post:
  • MSK9
(08-24-2023, 07:50 AM)nyvrem Wrote: Dr. MSK9 soon !

congrats !

Thank you very much. Without the people on this forum, I may have never started the process.
[-] The following 3 users Like MSK9's post:
  • allvia, Jonathan Whatley, rachel83az
(08-24-2023, 05:53 AM)MSK9 Wrote:
(08-14-2023, 10:35 PM)AlvinG Wrote: Drinking and partying at their Caribbean school??? Haha. I’ve known a few to complete Hospital rotations while being pregnant. I highly doubt they’re too busy for a 3 minute update… 

You might be surprised. Nonetheless, I'm still around. Been crazy busy with clerkships but things are good. Hectic, but good. Students are only on the island for the first two years. Years 3 and 4 are Stateside or in the UK (depending on preference) for clinical clerkships. I apologize for missing a bunch of new posts; been trying to keep my eye on the prize. I finish the program next year.
Ohhhh snap!!! What a freaking legend! I’m so proud of you, and I’m happy that you’re kicking this things butt. There’s no doubt that a Caribbean is extremely challenging to make work, extremely small success rate. I’m crazy proud of you! You’ll be a Doctor soon enough, at this point it’s in your blood.

Are you planning on practicing in the UK? If so, do you have to match into a residency like the US does? I’m not too familiar on that process.
UMPI- BLS, Minor Management in progress

PierPont- BOG AAS Complete

Future Degree's: JD/IT Management MBA/OMSCS
Future Career's: ( “Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity,”/U.S A/RCFL)

• MSK9
(08-27-2023, 12:24 AM)AlvinG Wrote: Ohhhh snap!!! What a freaking legend! I’m so proud of you, and I’m happy that you’re kicking this things butt. There’s no doubt that a Caribbean is extremely challenging to make work, extremely small success rate. I’m crazy proud of you! You’ll be a Doctor soon enough, at this point it’s in your blood.

Are you planning on practicing in the UK? If so, do you have to match into a residency like the US does? I’m not too familiar on that process.

Thank you very much. The Caribbean route is tough but there’s a lot of bad info out there about it.. especially on sites like the Student Doctor Network, where the population pretends that only people who couldn’t cut it academically go there (3.9 undergrad science GPA here, for example). A lot of the statistics coming out of NMRP are skewed by way of their aggregation techniques. 

For example, IMG students from the US matching back to the US have an extremely match rate. IMG students from outside the US (excluding Canada) have a more difficult time, and often due to J-1 visa issue acceptance at the programs they apply to. The two subgroups are calculated together, along with IMG graduates who are going back to their home countries to train/practice. In other words, didn’t match because they didn’t apply. 

We all have to take and pass the same USMLE board exams to advance through medical school. 

The “big four” schools: St. G, Ross, Saba and AUC don’t typically have issues with the match and the few that do, end up getting jobs outside the match (The SOAP or the ‘Scramble’). In fact, the system I’m currently at has many, many AUC grads working as attendings. I can’t speak on the other schools, but St. G’s grads are matching into more competitive programs all the time. Neurosurgery included. 

I’ll be practicing in the US, where I’m from and currently am doing clerkships.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB Master Thread MrsBulletPoints 2,666 516,845 6 hours ago
Last Post: nykorn
  Fastest way to get into graduate school megaworp 20 885 03-22-2024, 11:23 AM
Last Post: davewill
Star a JD for JSD: another Northwestern California University School of Law journey thread jsd 31 6,847 03-08-2024, 08:40 PM
Last Post: HogwartsSchool
  Harvard Extension School Students Rally for Degree Name Change smartdegree 116 15,346 02-22-2024, 09:51 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  Northwestern California University School of Law - My Journey GoodYellowDogs 47 14,282 02-14-2024, 11:24 AM
Last Post: MFG
  School of Business and Trade evaluation bjcheung77 12 1,244 01-11-2024, 10:36 PM
Last Post: adrian052
  Medical School, AMCAS, Prerequisites, Pass or fail, online college, etc... CanICode 22 3,354 10-18-2023, 08:38 AM
Last Post: CanICode
  Seeking a grad school OTmina 4 1,062 10-11-2023, 11:13 PM
Last Post: OTmina
  Caribbean Immigration (Med School Discount! - Secrets - Shhh...) bjcheung77 19 4,503 09-29-2023, 10:14 PM
Last Post: SophiaPrincess
  Chaminade University - Ed.S School Psychology program (Not online, but it's FREE !) nyvrem 9 1,204 09-02-2023, 04:19 AM
Last Post: GameSlinger