Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looking for US-based MBA or Health-Related Masters with Programmatic Accreditations
My husband is applying for the Medical Services Corps (MSC) and intends to do so with constructive credit (think: advanced standing). There are a couple of very specific requirements to do this. First, it must be a US RA degree (either master's or doctorate, if the only realistic options were doctorate level he plans to do the UMPI MAOL quickly to gain access).

Second, the degree must be in one of the following:

"Health Administration, Healthcare Administration, Healthcare Management, Health Management and Policy, Health Services Administration, Hospital Administration, Accounting, Business Administration, Business Management, Economics, Finance, Marketing, Statistics, Information Systems Management, Health Information Management, Health Information Technology, Emergency Management, Architecture, Architectural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Construction Management"

Third, it must have secondary accreditation from a professional body:

"[N]ewly accessed MSC officers will be awarded constructive service credit only for qualifying graduate degrees accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Management Education (CAHME), Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), National Architectural Accreditation Board (NAAB), Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET), or Advanced College of Clinical Engineering (ACCE)."

That third requirement rules out VUL, South College, WGU, HAU, UAGC, Rasmussen etc. (basically all the usual contenders we see here), and the first takes out places like Aston and MBS which have AACSB but aren't American. The third is the real kicker though.

Has anyone come across any remaining contenders that aren't insanely expensive? At the masters level, the only ones I have found so far are UMass Lowell, UTPB, and Georgia Southwestern State. The time investment isn't an issue, he has two and a half years or so, but we are paying out of pocket so we hope to keep it to 15K or thereabouts which is made more difficult by the fact we are overseas - so he is a US resident out-of-state in every state.

Side notes: He has a decent chance of getting into a program in most of the above areas (BS Economics w/ 3.9 GPA, about to finish BSBA Health Management and Finance, BA Mathematics). His preference is for a regular master's, not a terminal MBA, but obviously he has to sort of take what he can get.
Louisiana- Lafayette, R1, AACSB, 15 months 12,800 dollars: https://online.louisiana.edu/mba#Cost

Emporia State, AACSB, 12 months 12k https://online.emporia.edu/programs/mba-general.aspx

Kansas actually has another cheap AACSB option at $11,250; Pittsburg State; https://degree.pittstate.edu/online-prog...a/general/
[-] The following 1 user Likes Courcelles's post:
  • sarahmac
Probably also look at UIUC's MS in Management at 11.5k. Not an MBA but your list did specify "business management" as an option so this will probably work (though you might need to confirm). The school and program are both AACSB. You can do it in a year. They also have a performance based admissions option which I understand makes it easy to get in.
https://giesbusiness.illinois.edu/gradua...management
[-] The following 1 user Likes smartdegree's post:
  • sarahmac
Southeastern Oklahoma State University offers and Online MBA that is AACSB Accredited for right around $12,000.
Master of Science (M.S.) in Quantitative Management: Business Analytics (2023)
Duke University | The Fuqua School of Business

Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Management (2019)
Southeastern Oklahoma State University | The John Massey School of Business

Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Biology (2015)
East Central University | The College of Health Sciences

Accumulated Credit: Undergraduate - 126 Hours, Graduate - 83 Hours
My first choice would likely be the UTPB MS in Finance if the preference is for a non-MBA degree. Reasonable price. Programmatic accreditation.
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
(11-10-2022, 06:52 AM)smartdegree Wrote: Probably also look at UIUC's MS in Management at 11.5k.  Not an MBA but your list did specify "business management" as an option so this will probably work (though you might need to confirm).  The school and program are both AACSB.  You can do it in a year.   They also have a performance based admissions option which I understand makes it easy to get in.  

And they recently changed it so the MSM will stack into the MBA with no loss or wasted credits. Made it a much better option.
(11-10-2022, 11:59 AM)Courcelles Wrote:
(11-10-2022, 06:52 AM)smartdegree Wrote: Probably also look at UIUC's MS in Management at 11.5k.  Not an MBA but your list did specify "business management" as an option so this will probably work (though you might need to confirm).  The school and program are both AACSB.  You can do it in a year.   They also have a performance based admissions option which I understand makes it easy to get in.  

And they recently changed it so the MSM will stack into the MBA with no loss or wasted credits. Made it a much better option.

This is the one I would recommend as well, in addition to the ones mentioned already. I recall there being a 70% scholarship, if you can get that, this would be amazingly cheap at about $3.5-4K. You can also check out other MOOC options from Cousera or Edx...
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
For an AACSB-accredited MBA that's cheap, go to Geteducated.com. They rank programs by price. For healthcare administration programs, search for online programs on the CAHME website. There aren't that many, so might as well go through each one. The same applies to ABET; they have accredited very few online master's programs, so just look at their list of online programs.

MBAs aren't really considered terminal degrees anymore. In academics, a PhD and DBA are terminal degrees for business. A person can easily go from an MBA to a doctoral program.
Graduate of Not VUL or ENEB
MS, MSS and Graduate Cert
AAS, AS, BA, and BS
CLEP
Intro Psych 70, US His I 64, Intro Soc 63, Intro Edu Psych 70, A&I Lit 64, Bio 68, Prin Man 69, Prin Mar 68
DSST
Life Dev Psych 62, Fund Coun 68, Intro Comp 469, Intro Astr 56, Env & Hum 70, HTYH 456, MIS 451, Prin Sup 453, HRM 62, Bus Eth 458
ALEKS
Int Alg, Coll Alg
TEEX
4 credits
TECEP
Fed Inc Tax, Sci of Nutr, Micro, Strat Man, Med Term, Pub Relations
CSU
Sys Analysis & Design, Programming, Cyber
SL
Intro to Comm, Microbio, Acc I
Uexcel
A&P
Davar
Macro, Intro to Fin, Man Acc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  ENEB to UK top up masters possible? Atoshi 1 162 04-23-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Kairos University Masters in Counseling Wnt2BLPC 9 765 04-18-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: MichiganMax
  best MBA/Masters in Finance programs after UMPI? CFPhopeful 7 508 04-07-2024, 08:51 PM
Last Post: Mjake260
  New Purdue (Main) online masters in AI smartdegree 7 708 03-20-2024, 04:08 PM
  Cheap Online Software Engineering Masters? yellow_gambit 4 401 03-17-2024, 11:58 PM
Last Post: nyvrem
  A very big thank you to this group. I have completed my Masters in IT from PUG NewatTESU 31 4,356 03-14-2024, 11:07 PM
Last Post: walruspanda
  Comp Sci (or related) Masters? Options? techmama 17 3,145 03-02-2024, 12:10 PM
Last Post: KMcLean
  ENEB MASTERS Accreditation, Questions Sara143 10 1,873 02-20-2024, 02:33 PM
  Teesside University has some interesting Masters programs that cost around 9k USD nyvrem 5 634 02-17-2024, 07:01 AM
Last Post: Tomas
  Masters level credits from Sophia and others? jb111 24 1,810 02-09-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: Darknigh7