Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
London Metropolitan University - Master in IT ($7,500 Online. No bachelor's required)
Hello guys,

Check this online master in IT program from London Metropolitan University.
https://www.londonmet.ac.uk/courses/post...ing---msc/

Its price is £5,780 GBP ($7,500 USD).
The online program can be finished within a year. No bachelor's required if you have enough IT-related work experience.

They accept international students.  So this can be a good alternative to Western Governors University's Master's degree program.

The program is accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS) - The Chartered Institute for IT.

London Metropolitan University ranks among top 600 universities in the world:
https://www.timeshighereducation.com/wor...university

Its alumni includes Jeremy Corbyn, Sadiq Khan, etc.

More info:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Met...University
I don’t think it says no bachelor’s required. The requirements listed on the website read as follows:

You will be required to have:

a lower second-class honours degree in a computing-related subject or a pre-master's course in computing and technology
Applicants without a computing degree will need evidence of considerable computer-based experience or a substantial element of computer studies within a different qualification.”

What I understand is that no specific IT-related Bachelor’s is required if you have considerable experience in the IT field. So, you could have a BA-LS & apply for this program if you have considerable experience.
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
(08-14-2020, 07:44 AM)Supermind Wrote: a lower second-class honours degree in a computing-related subject or a pre-master's course in computing and technology
Applicants without a computing degree will need evidence of considerable computer-based experience or a substantial element of computer studies within a different qualification.”

I got accepted to this program without bachelor's. I have 3+ years of work experience in IT.

So if you have 3+ years of work experience in IT, you can apply without bachelor's. They'll look at your portfolio.
Oh really?! That’s great to know. Congratulations
TESU BALS-Psych. + ASNSM(Math) 

TEEX(6): Cybersec. 101/201/301
The Institutes(2): Ethics
Sophia(2): Ess. Of Managing Conflict, Dev. Effective Teams
NFA(1): Comm. Safety Edu.
GED(10): NAS-131, SOC-273, MAT-121, HUM-101 (1)
Study.com(75): Intro to Psych., Soc. Psych.-1, Growth & Dev. Psych., Personality Psych., History & Systems of Psych., Org. Theory, Library Science, Comm. at Workplace, Intro to World Religion, I/O Psych., Ethics in Soc. Sc., Org. Comm., Eng. 104, Eng. 105, History of Vietnam war, Sp. Ed. History & Law, Diff. Ed., Classroom Mgmt., Foundations of Ed., Abnormal Psych., Rsch. methods in Psych., College Math, Intro. to Geometry., Calculus (6).
Saylor (15): Intro. to Mol. & Cellular Bio., Comp. Politics, Corporate Comm., Env. Ethics, Principles of Comm. 
TESU (1): Cornerstone, Lib. 495 Capstone.
CSM (3): Quant. reasoning. 
Aleks (6): Trigonometry, Intro to Statistics. 

MS-Psychology; Walden University 
GPA: 4/4
[-] The following 1 user Likes Supermind's post:
  • nomaduser
(08-14-2020, 08:05 AM)Supermind Wrote: Oh really?! That’s great to know. Congratulations

Thanks. But I'm not sure if I'll accept the offer yet... It could be that I'll spend more money on a better online CS bachelor.
(08-14-2020, 06:59 AM)nomaduser Wrote: Its alumni includes Jeremy Corbyn, Sadiq Khan, etc.

I'll try not to hold that against them.  Wink
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes SteveFoerster's post:
  • ChilliDawg
May an authentic master not request a degree???
BSBA: 70% completed (84 credits of 120)
(08-14-2020, 09:20 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: May an authentic master not request a degree???

In Europe, it's possible to earn Master's without Bachelor's. It's completely legal.

Check another computer science master's degree program that won't require bachelor's.
https://online.glyndwr.ac.uk/msc-computer-science/

"Degree not required for admission, work experience considered"

University of Essex offers online master's in computer science without Bachelor's:
https://online.essex.ac.uk/courses/msc-c...nce/#entry

Work experience entry route:

"In order to satisfy the work experience entry route requirements for our MSc Computer Science, you must have at least three years’ relevant work experience."

Also, it's possible to get an MBA degree without bachelor's in USA:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/227970

"Cole was impatient with the college coursework but knew she needed to get an MBA to continue climbing corporate ladders. She applied and was accepted to Georgia State’s executive MBA program, without ever going back to finish her bachelor's degree. While an exceptionally rare option, some MBA programs will allow experienced students to enroll even if they have not finished college. To be admitted, Cole sought out letters of recommendations from 10 CEOs, including Ted Turner, founder of CNN."

But you'll need many letters of recommendations... lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes nomaduser's post:
  • Pikachu
(08-14-2020, 09:25 AM)nomaduser Wrote:
(08-14-2020, 09:20 AM)cecilgambe7 Wrote: May an authentic master not request a degree???

In Europe, it's possible to earn Master's without Bachelor's. It's completely legal.
It's legal in the U.S. too. It's just exceedingly uncommon.
BS, Information Systems concentration, Charter Oak State College
MA in Educational Technology Leadership, George Washington University
18 doctoral level semester-hours in Business Administration, Baker College
In progress: EdD in Educational Leadership, Manhattanville College

More at https://stevefoerster.com
It's not a common thing in Europe, a master without a bachelor.
COMPLETED

ASU: Human Origins (3)
Sophia: Developing Effective Teams (1) Student Success (1)  The Ess. of Managing Conflict (1) Art History 1 (3) US History 1(3) Religions (3) Environmental science (3) Ancient Greek Philosophers (3) English Comp 1 (3) 
Visual communications (3) Art History 2 (3) Introduction to psychology (3) Introduction to Ethics (3) US History 2 (3) Human Biology (3) 
Communication at Work (3) Conflict resolution(3)

The institute: Ethics 312 (3)
Shmoop: Holocaust Literature (3) American National Government (3) Introduction to Drama (3)

IN PROGRESS
Sophia:    

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will online degrees become worthless because of AI? blablablox 10 550 04-17-2024, 09:46 PM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  American Public University? nomaduser 36 3,457 04-16-2024, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  New UK Bachelors Degree Online coming soon! Leedeedee 1 268 04-03-2024, 11:54 AM
Question How can I Study on my own pace and online like a european? justmemyself 6 391 03-25-2024, 09:14 PM
  Prompt Engineering Course by Vanderbilt University on Coursera LevelUP 2 327 03-23-2024, 05:28 AM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Graham School - University of Chicago Charles Fout 12 1,747 03-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Charles Fout
  Biochemistry online, no lab, and less than $500. GoodYellowDogs 11 10,360 03-20-2024, 04:16 PM
  The 100 Most Popular Accredited Online Colleges for 2024 LevelUP 2 327 03-20-2024, 05:47 AM
Last Post: nyvrem
  Online Ivy League degree programs that require less than a week on campus sanantone 27 5,747 03-16-2024, 06:22 AM
  Accounting courses from CPACredits.com/Upper Iowa University inor 22 1,769 03-15-2024, 05:30 AM
Last Post: rachel83az