Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
James Lind Institute (Switzerland) - legit?
Hello, while looking for an online master's degree, I discovered the James Lind Institute in Switzerland. It's quite affordable and seems to be accredited (EduQua). Does anyone here have a personal experience with it or know if it's legit?

Thank you.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_qual...reditation
Ongoing: MLIS

June 2022, Thomas Edison State University (TESU): Second degree - BA in Computer Science + ASNSM in Mathematics + Cert. in CIS + Cert. in Operations Mgmt.
e-Packs: Computer Concepts; Industrial Psych.
Guided Study: Comp. Architecture
Online: Intro. to PLA; Database Mgmt.; Software Eng.; Data Structures; Liberal Arts Capstone; DSI-610 (Statistics.com)

May 2019, a residential, RA institution: BA in Political Science and Educational Studies
Relevant equivalencies: MAT-321; MAT-431; STA-315
(09-13-2022, 05:57 AM)carrythenothing Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_qual...reditation

Thank you, seems like something along the lines of DEAC.
And if you check this one:

https://longfordcollege.com/doctor-of-bu...istration/

It also says that the "degree" is coming from:

James Lind Institute in Switzerland

(09-13-2022, 09:51 AM)wheresbes Wrote:
(09-13-2022, 05:57 AM)carrythenothing Wrote: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss_qual...reditation

I don´t think it´s the same.

For example, you could get DEAC degrees recognized in Portugal, but this one is not a Swiss degree.
It really depends on how you are going to use the degree, the degree may not be recognized by all countries in the EU because it's not fully recognized in Switzerland. Short and Simple: If your country, say another EU nation accepts that as equivalent, then I would take the courses, if it's not accepted, then don't. This seems more like those degrees that have ASIC or BAC (UK recognition), they're authorized to operate in the UK, aren't accredited by the government, but used for immigration, professional development, and other purposes.
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
From the website: "EduQua does neither certify nor accredit any institution."  I personally would not be interested in a degree that was not generally accepted.
Understood. Thank you all for the great insights! I live in an EU country that is already extremely fussy about foreign certifications so since that degree is not even fully recognised in Switzerland is a no-go.
Back to the search for an affordable MPH then Wink
(09-13-2022, 09:51 AM)wheresbes Wrote:

To me, this seems more like that loophole that religious groups like the Universal Life Church used to issue degrees in California several years ago before that loophole was finally closed. Those organizations were authorized to grant degrees under California law, but they were unaccredited. DEAC on the other hand is authorized by the federal government as an accrediting body, though DEAC provides national accreditation. I'm not going to get into the national versus regional accreditation argument, as that has been thoroughly discussed in other threads.
John L. Watson
Earned: WGU: BS-NOS (2019), WGU: MS-CSIA (2021)
Current Programs: UC: PhD in InfoSec (2025), AMA: DIT (2024), ENEB: MBA (2023)
Exam Priority: CEH (Practical), PMP, CISA, CISM
Future Plans: TBD - maybe an MS in Cannabis Science & Business, sounds like fun!
LinkedIn
Omni Transcript
Credly Badges
[-] The following 1 user Likes jamshid666's post:
  • wheresbes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Western Institute for Social Research: NA MS & EdD, $8400/yr Subscription-Priced Jonathan Whatley 3 259 04-05-2024, 05:28 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  American Institute of Law - My Journey AnonJD2027 14 2,177 03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
Last Post: JazzMac
  Discerning dubious from legit foreign schools rachel83az 19 5,521 03-14-2024, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Ebbwvale
  Legit UK Level 7 and Level 8 Diplomas armstrongsubero 3 444 03-12-2024, 10:21 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  Is Xenophon College London legit? SkintGradStudent 11 2,523 10-04-2023, 01:15 AM
Last Post: diletta_don
  Southwestern College & New Earth Institute (Art Therapy, Consiousness MAs) ashkir 23 3,177 09-01-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: eLearner
  Online Masters in Artificial Intelligence - Switzerland bjcheung77 6 2,118 05-22-2023, 12:10 AM
Last Post: Randyb100
  Asian institute of management mba soulblader 4 745 11-28-2022, 12:50 PM
Last Post: ashkir
  SRM Institute of Science and Technology - Online Master Offering durain 3 865 11-01-2022, 02:22 PM
Last Post: akr680
  Jack Welch Management Institute Vle045 7 1,201 04-29-2022, 12:53 PM
Last Post: Vle045