Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
International Business Course
Hey all,

I was wondering if we knew of a way to get a 3cr. course in International Business on an ACE transcript other than Penn Foster...?

Even though ACE accepts PF credits, and my school is pretty good with ACE, I worry about its (PF) reputation amongst B&M schools.
BA in Social Science-TESC
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
study.com has a new course called Globalization and International Management, and I have asked TESU to give me the course equivalent for that. Once they do, I will tell you if it counts.

BUT, if you're just talking about 1 course from PF on your transcript, I can't see how this would be a problem at a B&M school. Most will never have even heard of PF, and those that do would probably care just as much about taking courses from SL or study.com or however else you've taken courses.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
I hear ya Dfrecore, I guess since I'm going B&M for my second BA I wanted to try and keep it more "traditional".
Arnold Fletcher Award

[h=1]“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.” ~Thomas Edison[/h]
If you have the $, you can actually take a course from TESU or better yet, just take the TECEP for credit.
It should be able to allow you to transfer that directly to your regional accredited university.

There will be no GPA as those TECEPS are just pass/fail, but you will have your 3 credits and for cheaper than PF.
Why go with ACE if you're worrying about the school name, go directly with the school/TECEP and skip all that for cheaper!
In Progress: Walden MBA | TESU BA Biology & Computer Science
Graduate Certificate: Global Management & Entrepreneurship, ASU (Freebie)

Completed: TESU ASNSM Biology, BSBA (ACBSP Accredited 2017)
Universidad Isabel I: ENEB MBA, Big Data & BI, Digital Marketing & E-Commerce
Certs: 6Sigma/Lean/Scrum, ITIL | Cisco/CompTIA/MTA | Coursera/Edx/Udacity

The Basic Approach | Plans | DegreeForum Community Supported Wiki
~Note~ Read/Review forum posts & Wiki Links to Sample Degree Plans
Degree Planning Advice | New To DegreeForum? How This Area Works

[Image: e7P9EJ4.jpeg]
bjcheung77 Wrote:If you have the $, you can actually take a course from TESU or better yet, just take the TECEP for credit.
It should be able to allow you to transfer that directly to your regional accredited university.

There will be no GPA as those TECEPS are just pass/fail, but you will have your 3 credits and for cheaper than PF.
Why go with ACE if you're worrying about the school name, go directly with the school/TECEP and skip all that for cheaper!

I didn't know there was an International business TECEP. I don't see it on their website, Thomas Edison State University | All TECEPÂ Tests
Arnold Fletcher Award

ironheadjack Wrote:I didn't know there was an International business TECEP. I don't see it on their website, Thomas Edison State University | All TECEPÂ Tests

*gasp* You're right, that's a shocker for me... I thought they had one, but I was wrong.
The reason I was thinking it is because the BSBA degree had the Business In Society option OR International Management.
I chose International Business at PF and that should come in as International Management for TESU BSBA.

Hmm, what I was thinking is this... email your B&M school and ask if the Business In Society is acceptable as a transfer to their International Business.
Give them the TECEP pdf info and mention that TESU accepts this as their International Management alternative option...
See what your school say, if it's a yes... you're done, if not, we'll find something for you... like another CBE available

CSU Global Credit by Exam has a few that might work.
https://csuglobal.edu/undergraduate/prog...tions/cbes

Management in the Global Economy ECN405EX (3 credits)
International and Multi-Cultural Marketing MKG400EX (3 credits)
Entrepreneurship in the Global Age ORG305EX (3 credits)
or possibly even:
Communication in the Global Information Age COM305EX (3 credits)
Intercultural Communication COM315EX (3 credits)
BA, MA, EdS, MMT, etc.
83 hours of ACE-worthy credits
If you're going for a degree at another school that accepts ACE, and you take an ACE-approved course from PF, I can't see how that school would discriminate between the different ACE-approved providers. Why would they care if it was a PF course that was ACE-approved, or a SL course that was, or any other course? The ACE-approval process is the same for everyone.
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA
dfrecore Wrote:If you're going for a degree at another school that accepts ACE, and you take an ACE-approved course from PF, I can't see how that school would discriminate between the different ACE-approved providers. Why would they care if it was a PF course that was ACE-approved, or a SL course that was, or any other course? The ACE-approval process is the same for everyone.

+1, People think differently, it's like another individual not wanting to do a capstone course and instead take it elsewhere or do a TECEP, there are options, they would like to do it a different way. Just like myself, I would like to do things asap and would pay a slight premium for faster, easier grades at PF, instead of doing the 3 TECEPS or a DSST. It's up to them to decide, you give excellent advice.

Mostly I'm just questioning their assumption that their school will care about this, which I don't think they will.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  U.S. News will rank distance learning programs in business, IT and other fields LevelUP 1 277 01-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: NotJoeBiden
  Business Insider/MSN - College, Grad, Money Articles bjcheung77 4 450 08-17-2023, 11:07 AM
Last Post: dfrecore
  University of Northern Alabama Competency Business Degree natshar 6 695 07-19-2023, 04:35 AM
Last Post: Jonathan Whatley
  International University of Applied Sciences (IU) acquires University of Fredericton. bjcheung77 0 559 07-01-2023, 01:39 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  International Transcript Evaluation bradonomics 14 1,290 06-27-2023, 11:36 AM
Last Post: rachel83az
  Calling all Excelsior business students! shoron 1 523 01-23-2023, 07:39 PM
Last Post: dfrecore
  International student. ApesTgtStrong 6 820 09-20-2022, 09:47 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  International GPA Converter - UC Irvine MrPanda 0 490 08-14-2022, 02:07 AM
Last Post: MrPanda
  Coming Soon: Free Diploma of HE in Tourism & Service Business Management (XAMK) sarahmac 0 970 06-23-2022, 05:58 AM
Last Post: sarahmac
  GetEducated.com Major Update (business degrees) freeloader 1 718 04-06-2022, 02:36 PM
Last Post: Vle045