Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Institutes Ethics OR TEEX Cybersecurity?
(11-16-2018, 11:44 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I am pretty up-to-date on Cal State schools, and I've never heard of a single one that will take ACE courses EXCEPT from a JST (military).  Even then, it's very limited.

She might want to try CLEP instead.  All CSU's take CLEP exams, to varying degrees - get the list from the school, ask which ones they will take for her degree/program, and then have her study up and go take it.  They will not take all of them, only some, so you definitely need their list.

I also haven't heard that any accept DSST exams, so unfortunately, that's probably out of the question.

The Sophia website claims that "Sophia students have been pre-approved for credit transfer, or had their Sophia courses accepted for credit by the following list of institutions.

• California Southern University

• California State University - Chico

• California State University - Long Beach

• California State University - Sacramento

This directly from the Sophia.org website.
She is at Cal State Stanislaus.  She went to advising and was told that they accept ACE.  Now, I don't know HOW strict they are.  She told them about the TEEX and was told that it was acceptable.  However, we all know of advising horror stories.  I thought that the TEEX would be most likely to be accepted since it is from an institution adjacent to higher ed and was sponsored by the Dept. of Homeland Security.  She is also only trying to transfer in 2 credits and has a GPA of around 3.7, so she is a good student.  I will speak to her about the Sophia courses as well.  Thank you to all who answered my thread/question.  This forum has extremely helpful people who are willing to share their wealth of knowledge.  Thanks!!! Heart
(11-17-2018, 12:25 AM)natshar Wrote:
(11-16-2018, 11:44 PM)dfrecore Wrote: I am pretty up-to-date on Cal State schools, and I've never heard of a single one that will take ACE courses EXCEPT from a JST (military).  Even then, it's very limited.

She might want to try CLEP instead.  All CSU's take CLEP exams, to varying degrees - get the list from the school, ask which ones they will take for her degree/program, and then have her study up and go take it.  They will not take all of them, only some, so you definitely need their list.

I also haven't heard that any accept DSST exams, so unfortunately, that's probably out of the question.

The Sophia website claims that "Sophia students have been pre-approved for credit transfer, or had their Sophia courses accepted for credit by the following list of institutions.
  • California Southern University

• California State University - Chico

• California State University - Long Beach

• California State University - Sacramento

This directly from the Sophia.org website.

Like I said, I live in CA (have all my life), deal with many students and schools, and have NEVER had any state schools take anything other than CLEP exams (UC's won't even take those).

I hope they do take ACE, but I'm just going by my previous experience over the last 5 years.  ACE there is strictly for military.

Please let us know if they accept any of the ACE courses, I'd be thrilled if they did.
TESU BSBA/HR 2018 - WVNCC BOG AAS 2017 - GGU Cert in Mgmt 2000
EXAMS: TECEP Tech Wrtg, Comp II, LA Math, PR, Computers  DSST Computers, Pers Fin  CLEP Mgmt, Mktg
COURSES: TESU Capstone  Study.com Pers Fin, Microecon, Stats  Ed4Credit Acct 2  PF Fin Mgmt  ALEKS Int & Coll Alg  Sophia Proj Mgmt The Institutes - Ins Ethics  Kaplan PLA

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Credly Badge Denied, TEEX Disaster Management for Water & Wastewater Utilities sixdegreesandamovie 3 254 03-07-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: bjcheung77
  TEEX Cyber Security Courses / non US residents BritStudent 6 547 03-03-2024, 02:15 AM
Last Post: FireMedic_Philosopher
  Sophia - New Business Ethics Course lumina 14 2,974 10-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Last Post: Sherwood
  New Google Cybersecurity Professional Certificate LevelUP 5 1,336 06-15-2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: LevelUP
  Teex - How long for Credly badges to show up? nyjosh 14 2,415 05-13-2023, 02:56 AM
Last Post: PrettyFlyforaChiGuy
  PHI-400 Managerial Ethics (Equivalency Only) mog538 0 333 02-22-2023, 09:16 PM
Last Post: mog538
  TEEX Accrediation creationstory 15 3,134 02-06-2023, 02:58 AM
Last Post: jessica222
  Welcome back, TEEX! rachel83az 25 4,430 01-23-2023, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Blckbuster
  Sophia - Intro to Ethics ss20ts 25 6,133 09-15-2022, 08:12 PM
Last Post: RhondaG
  WGU BS Cybersecurity need advice WGUcyberguy 8 1,462 07-30-2022, 12:38 PM
Last Post: origamishuttle