Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Inappropriate Behavior from Moderator
In many ways, the sister forum is a lot more open to political posts than this one is. But LevelUp rarely posts these things over there. Actually, it looks like he hasn't posted there in over a yea, but even before that there was little cross-posting going on. These kind of political posts get slapped down over there by people who are smarter about political stuff than I am.
In progress:
TESU - BA Computer Science; BSBA CIS; ASNSM Math & CS; ASBA

Completed:
Pierpont - AAS BOG
Sophia (so many), The Institutes (old), Study.com (5 courses)
ASU: Human Origins, Astronomy, Intro Health & Wellness, Western Civilization, Computer Appls & Info Technology, Intro Programming
Strayer: CIS175, CIS111, WRK100, MAT210
[-] The following 2 users Like rachel83az's post:
  • Charles Fout, LevelUP
I hate political posts. I especially hate Trump posts. And i seriously think that the liberal vs conservative wars need to stop. It’s all ridiculous.
Let’s stick to degree hacking.
MBA, starting July 2022
BA, Sociology 
Certificate, Paralegal Studies
Certificate, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
Certificate, Global Entrepreneurship & Innovation Virtual Bootcamp - (Thunderbird)
Sophia: 17 credits

LawShelf affiliate (NCCRS credits)
Buy one, get one free with my affiliate code: VK375
https://lawshelf.com/videocoursesview
[-] The following 4 users Like Vle045's post:
  • LevelUP, MNomadic, ss20ts, TINASAM
I’m not into clickbait of any kind, and the political stuff you can’t win with, so yea let’s stick to what has made this forum great. An ask and answer degree info board. Thanks for this forum.
[-] The following 4 users Like Pats20's post:
  • LevelUP, MNomadic, ss20ts, TINASAM
(04-22-2024, 05:42 AM)rachel83az Wrote: In many ways, the sister forum is a lot more open to political posts than this one is. But LevelUp rarely posts these things over there. Actually, it looks like he hasn't posted there in over a yea, but even before that there was little cross-posting going on. These kind of political posts get slapped down over there by people who are smarter about political stuff than I am.

Which is why I left that forum a few years ago and never looked back. Some senior members pushed a particular political viewpoint, and were even abusive at times. I like this forum because we all just help each other, and keep things civil. A little politics is fine on occasion, but I fear a constant drumbeat will ruin the vibe here.
NanoDegree: Intro to Self-Driving Cars (2019)
Coursera: Stanford Machine Learning (2019)
TESU: BA in Comp Sci (2016)
TECEP:Env Ethics (2015); TESU PLA:Software Eng, Computer Arch, C++, Advanced C++, Data Struct (2015); TESU Courses:Capstone, Database Mngmnt Sys, Op Sys, Artificial Intel, Discrete Math, Intro to Portfolio Dev, Intro PLA (2014-16); DSST:Anthro, Pers Fin, Astronomy (2014); CLEP:Intro to Soc (2014); Saylor.org:Intro to Computers (2014); CC: 69 units (1980-88)

PLA Tips Thread - TESU: What is in a Portfolio?
[-] The following 5 users Like davewill's post:
  • Kab, LevelUP, MNomadic, ss20ts, TINASAM
>I fear a constant drumbeat will ruin the vibe here.

Isn’t that the goal?
Master of Accountancy (taxation concentration), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress. 
Master of Business Administration (financial planning specialization), University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, in progress.

BA, UMPI.  Accounting major; Business Administration major/Management & Leadership concentration.  Awarded Dec. 2021.

In-person/B&M: BA (history, archaeology)
In-person/B&M: MA (American history)

Sophia: 15 courses (42hrs)
(04-22-2024, 02:05 PM)freeloader Wrote: >I fear a constant drumbeat will ruin the vibe here.

Isn’t that the goal?
Not for me it’s not. I’ve gotten a lot of invaluable information from the people on this forum. We all can get a little testy sometimes but I think for the most part we all are here to help.  one another. Typically the testiness comes out when it becomes political.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pats20's post:
  • LevelUP
Big Grin 
(04-22-2024, 05:42 AM)rachel83az Wrote: In many ways, the sister forum is a lot more open to political posts than this one is. But LevelUp rarely posts these things over there. Actually, it looks like he hasn't posted there in over a yea, but even before that there was little cross-posting going on. These kind of political posts get slapped down over there by people who are smarter about political stuff than I am.
Good will towards all. I will never attempt to use this forum as s platform to complain about Degreeinfo.com

Each has its own focus.

Decades ago I was drawn to Degreeinfo.com because of its content regarding Distance Education and John Bears 
guides.

Perhaps it's only natural that we began bickering regarding political  philosophies and personalities. Anyway, I wish each of of the very best. Let us never forget the lessons of Tae Kwon Leap.

https://youtu.be/Z8VD4JXUozM?si=Pej52xKlxqKdOJZ2
Chief Petty Officer
United States Navy (Retired)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Charles Fout's post:
  • LevelUP
I agree. I admit I can bicker as much as the next person when it comes to politics but let’s not forget we’re all in this together. Love each other.
[-] The following 2 users Like Pats20's post:
  • Charles Fout, LevelUP

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Welcome to our New Moderator, Merlin! sgloer 21 3,142 12-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Toastmaster
  Intolerance and Ignorant Behavior mrs.b 14 1,406 11-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Last Post: mrs.b